shape
carat
color
clarity

Friends! Had my first ring made ever!!

Aww you guys are the best! I'm really excited about this piece, but it's an added bonus to be able to share it with everyone here. Literally no one else in my life has even a modicum of interest. I know just how extensive everyone's collections are here, so it's doubly cool that you all saw fit to make my first ring project even more special!! Thank you! ❤️

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your blue sapphire is absolutely perfect, and the new setting is just stunning.

Autumn, you knocked it out of the park with your first custom piece...very well done! :love:

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
That color. I can barely even see the diamonds. Holy smokes, it is spectacular otherworldly blue. Congratulations, I hope you are thrilled to the bone. It is fabulous!

Thank you everyone for taking the time to love on my ring! I've learned so much from you guys. :)

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Woah, so gorgeous and the color of that sapphire.......I'm drooling!:kiss2::kiss2:

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Super excited to see hand shots - what a ring! still can't over how stunning that sapphire is

and i couldn't agree more about Inken. A commensurate professional, through-and-through. she just never makes you feel like you're bothering her - she's a super nitpicky jewelry-lover's dream to work with and im so glad youve had a great experience! :lol:

my suspicion is that the ring will be even more delicate in person. that was my experience, anyways. the photography won't do the craftsmanship justice, if that's even possible!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bling bling bling!!! Beautiful sapphire abs setting!

Aww thanks so much, everyone!!

i couldn't agree more about Inken. A commensurate professional, through-and-through. she just never makes you feel like you're bothering her - she's a super nitpicky jewelry-lover's dream to work with and im so glad youve had a great experience! :lol:

Amen to this!! I'm super psyched to work with her again now! Thank you for the great comments, Cerulean (love your name, BTW). Please share your Inken piece(s) if you are so inclined! I'd love to see her other work!!

I received the ring, and it was one of those scenarios where you audibly gasp when opening the box. It's my dream blue sapphire ring, and I'm so grateful to Inken for bringing it to life with such gusto and precision. The scintillation and fire in person are magical. I'm always amazed by the weight of platinum compared to gold. I was telling Inken about having purchased a new watch back in 2020. I ended up with a tri-color gold, diamond bezel, and pink face masterpiece/pearlmaster datejust. But while in the store, I tried on the platinum day-date just for fun (out of my budget). I couldn't get over the weight of it! If you swung your arm, you could have inadvertently knocked one or more people unconscious. :oops2: And I would have gladly endangered society to wear it.

23b71f4195fad933c3d51e84c0903436.gif

Anyway! I will take some more pix of the ring when the sun reemerges!! :dance:

I actually thought @Autumn in New England might set her stones in a very simple, or understated design, at least to start with since she said she had till now just collected stones without doing anything with them. But she has totally out-blinged my expecations with this gorgeous design!

Thank you, my friend! You know, everyone told me to go understated and let the sapphire do the talking. But I just really felt it deserved a more elaborate setting. And I don't think it ended up taking anything away from the sapphire. Inken and I felt the color was so saturated that it would remain the focal point. Glad we went for it! I'm setting my ruby next, and I'm thinking a more simple 5-stone design is in order. We shall see... thanks again for the encouragement!

Avondale

Brilliant_Rock
You know, everyone told me to go understated and let the sapphire do the talking. But I just really felt it deserved a more elaborate setting.

That's the good thing about such a stone - no matter how you dress it, it will still shine. It would no doubt have been doing all the talking if it were set in a simpler design. :bigsmile: But if what you want is bling, then why not bling it all the way up? It will be gorgeous either way.

Also. Hand shots. First thing tomorrow. We're waiting! :cheeky:

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
It’s an amazing ring! I didn’t realize you mainly collected stones and didn’t have rings!

It’s an amazing ring! I didn’t realize you mainly collected stones and didn’t have rings!

Yes, I'm a total rockhound and not much of a jewelry person! But I do own other rings, necklaces, etc. I've never had anything made before now with one of my gems though. It was so exciting, @Mreader!! I'm hooked now. Anyway... how are you, my friend?

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Aww thanks so much, everyone!!

Amen to this!! I'm super psyched to work with her again now! Thank you for the great comments, Cerulean (love your name, BTW). Please share your Inken piece(s) if you are so inclined! I'd love to see her other work!!

I plan to use her as my go-to jeweler! I've sadly only worked on one custom project with her where I reset my OEC into a solitaire (from a 3-stone) and I bought a multi-color sapphire hand-forged stacking band that is just impeccable. They are my daily set!

Here they are buried in this thread:

I plan to use her as my go-to jeweler! I've sadly only worked on one custom project with her where I reset my OEC into a solitaire (from a 3-stone) and I bought a multi-color sapphire hand-forged stacking band that is just impeccable. They are my daily set!

Here they are buried in this thread:

Oh that is stunning. It's those seemingly small details that make it so special. And I love the multi sapphire band!!

petit_bijou

Shiny_Rock
It is SO GORGEOUS!!!! I can't wait to see handshots!! What an amazing first ring - you've set the bar so high for all future projects heheh

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hello all,

As some of you may know, I am a long-time gem collector, but had yet to set any of them. So I thought I should slow down on buying, and finally set and enjoy what I have. Since I recently purchased a sapphire from Inken at Enhoerning Jewelry, I thought it fitting that she should create my very first ring. Now I want her to set all of my gems!!

First, just let me say... Inken is extremely intuitive about what you want. She listens intently and, if you think you're particular, she has you beat. Every single teeny detail is something to which she pays close attention. She's also highly responsive, exceedingly professional, and very fair. Plus, she has the coolest Germanic accent that I could listen to all day. :geek2: Anyway, she deserves this rave review, so I wanted to make sure she got it.

Here is Inken's photo (more to come)! I should receive the ring shortly!!

3.03ct. untreated sapphire from Burma... around 2ctw. diamonds (F/VS)... 950 platinum.

3.03ctSapphirerRing.jpg

OMG...absolutely breathtaking!!! That color is TDF!

JewelledEscalators

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, my friend! You know, everyone told me to go understated and let the sapphire do the talking. But I just really felt it deserved a more elaborate setting. And I don't think it ended up taking anything away from the sapphire. Inken and I felt the color was so saturated that it would remain the focal point. Glad we went for it! I'm setting my ruby next, and I'm thinking a more simple 5-stone design is in order. We shall see... thanks again for the encouragement!

Yes, I can see in some cases the 'let the stone do the talking' approach works, particularly if it's a striking type of cut (like aschers), but equally, a magnificient setting can really raise a beautiful stone to a whole different level.

I'd also love to like to see the ruby in something fab like this too, but maybe it's a five stone ring because you have 5 smaller sized rubies?

Will you be setting the purple garnet too?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results