shape
carat
color
clarity

Freshadamas and Freshwater Questions

Volvoqueen

Shiny_Rock
I’m a devoted pricescoper, used all the wisdom everyone had to offer in purchasing my engagement ring. Now with that task behind me I’m looking to the wedding and what I’ll be wearing.

After reading though the Pearl post over the last couple of days, learning the lingo, what to look for, and what I can afford.

Freshwater are going to be what I’m wearing (someday I’ll have Hanadama, but that’s after the bathroom and kitchen remodel, sigh), but nice ones. I’m looking at getting a set, studs, necklace, and bracelet in 7.5-8mm in white.

Many of you have raved about Pearl Paradise and their Freshadama line. I realize Freshadama is a grading label that PP has give these pearls that are the best of the best in fresh water they have to offer.

When I go to their Freshwater section and compare the AAA same size necklace to Freshadama the Freshadama are a little more expensive. Is there a comparable difference?

Also how do you think the Freshadamas hold up against TPO or other recommended online retailers that carry AAA freshwater selections?

Also need to ask advise on what hue of coloring I should be leaning toward. I’ve got a lot of redheads in my family; I’m very freckled, pale skin, blue eyes, dirty blonde, burn easily. I was debating between Ivory and Cream in colors, after reading some posts from people with Ruddish skin tones, I lean toward the Ivory which is supposed to be more pleasing toward the eye. Can anyone vouch for this or advise on the whole color skin tone thing.

Thank you!

Volvoqueen! Yay! on your engagement! Now on to the wedding... (I am in the same spot too!)

In my opinion, when you compare the AAA and the Freshadama line through PP, the Freshadama come out brighter and have a lot more shine to them. It's not that the AAA are bad by any means, it's just that the Freshadama are better.. right? Like Getting an A- on a test isn't bad, but an A is even better... does that make sense?

I have purchased through TPO and I don't recommend them for this type of set. I 100% endorse and recommend PP.. you might pay a bit more, but you get a very personalized service, excellent customer service, and nicer pearls. TPO seems "hit or miss" on the quality. They also don't seem to want to customize anything either :rolleyes: but that's another rant...

As far as color, I have no idea! I will let someone else answer that.

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Volvoqueen,
Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. Now to the pearl part. It's your wedding and you want the best you can afford, right? I would say to go with Freshadama suite. The luster is higher, shape is more round and very miniscule amount of blemishes, if there is any. I think PP has silver, ivory and rose overtones for FW. There is no cream overtone, or cream and ivory is used interchangeably. Sometimes there can be silver-rose overtone if it exists in stock. Inventory changes all the time, you know what I mean. Silver-rose overtone means there is some rose which offers some warmth so that the silver does not look to harsh (for some people). You can even ask for a picture of a few strands so you can compare and choose. They have also sent out a few strands to people in the past so they could try on in person to find one that was suitable. If you don't mind paying return shipping, then that is an option.

Give them a call and describe what you want, and your coloring and they'll find you one best suited for your complexion and hair color.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just got through an exchange with PP, and I can say from experience that their customer service is fantastic - if you're not happy, they'll make you happy. The Freshadama pearls are lovely, but I don't have a TPO strand or experience with them to compare to.

LGK

Ideal_Rock
I have a pink undertone Freshadama bracelet I just got from PP, and a AAA necklace from TPO from about a year ago. The Freshadamas are a teeny bit more lustrous, they all have about the same amount of orient, but I really prefer the TPO pearls. The pink undertone is much stronger, it looks way better on my skin. The PP ones only have the barest hint of pink and are very stark white on me. I didn't find the difference in lustre to be enormous, just a teeny bit of the edge to the Freshadamas. And the roundness was about equal.

LGK I think we would all love comparison pictures!! :naughty:

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
Try searching some other place "Difference between AAA and Freshadama" :wink2: or "AAA or Freshadama / Freshwater Elite etc."

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
This picture was found from 2008 in another forum, Hanadama versus Freshadama (bottom strand). I cannot take credit for this photo because it's not mine. This is to show you how Freshadama luster and shape is compared to saltwater Hanadama. As you can see it is very hard to tell the difference. Mind you years have gone by and I had the opportunity to see the natural white Hanadama strands at PP's office in July. Those orbs are like ball bearings...so lustrous.

Akoya versus Freshadama at the bottom.JPG

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
Oops! It's akoya vs. Freshadama, not Hanadama vs. Freshadama (per filename).

LGK

Ideal_Rock
I actually have a decent camera again so I can probably do that; I put my foot through the screen of my good lap top (awesome, yes, considering I have broken TWO in the last year- or rather, I broke this one and DH broke the other- arg!) so it might take me a bit. The craptastic laptop I'm using doesn't have a port for picture cards unfortunately which puts a damper on the festivities. :tongue:

Volvoqueen

Shiny_Rock
Thank you so much for your thoughts and suggestions.

Because of the rave reviews and the outstanding customer service I'll be going Freshadamas from Pearl Paradise.

I've been searching for every picture I can find with the different overtones of Rose, Silver, and Ivory (or combo there of).

Being so pale and pasty I feel like the Silver with a slight pink may be a good way to go (as HHPmom has suggested), but if there are any redheads, or blonds with skin of a redhead that have a specific overtone let me know! Love to hear your thoughts.

I'm totally addicted to pearls now, I feel like these little guys have a inner glow, you can loose yourself looking them. I'm going to have a Tea length 50's inspired dress, so I feel these pearls fit the bill for saying in the vintage vibe.

I'm also now thinking of getting sets of the AAA freshwater studs as gifts for my bridesmaids!

Volvoqueen

Shiny_Rock
A question about PP sales...

Currently PP has the Pearl Points that runs through Dec. of this year. Looking through older posts I see they were running a flat 14% discount last year.

The question is do you think the Pearl Points is this year's deal, or do you think they will run a Dec./x-mas special?

Does anyone know if the Pearl Points were a thing they did last year and then added the 14% flat discount?

Volvoqueen said:
A question about PP sales...

Currently PP has the Pearl Points that runs through Dec. of this year. Looking through older posts I see they were running a flat 14% discount last year.

The question is do you think the Pearl Points is this year's deal, or do you think they will run a Dec./x-mas special?

Does anyone know if the Pearl Points were a thing they did last year and then added the 14% flat discount?

They have already run the 14% discount in 2010 (mothers day/ may sale). I DO suspect it will come around again in late november/ december for holiday sales :)

I believe the Pearl Points CODES are good until Jan, which I bet the discount will stay the same but the code will change with the appropriate year like it did last year/ this year.

I don't know how many bridesmaids you have or how much time, but if the earrings you are buying are over $75 each I would just purchase them one at a time using the $15 code. :mrgreen: :wacko:

Volvoqueen

Shiny_Rock
Order two prs of Fresh Water AAA last week from Pearl Paradise for my Bride Maids to be. Both in White, one with Silver-Rose overtones and one with Silver overtones.

I'm going to get a bridal set of the Freshadamas for myself, can't wait!

Pearls 001.jpg

Pearls 008.jpg

Pearls 006.jpg

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Lovely studs for your bridesmaids! You will LOVE the freshadamas when you order them for yourself. I have a pair of freshadama studs 7.5-8 in the silver/rose overtone. I am fair with blonde hair and pink tone in my skin and I love the silver/rose on me! Just thought I'd share. Congrats on your purchase! :appl:

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is a pic of me (a redhead) wearing a AAA ivory-toned strand from TPO. I love it bunches. I'm pretty sure it isn't quiiiite as flawless or round as PP Freshadamas though. Anyway, I think the color works well on me, although I'm assured by many that the silver with rose overtones, looks good on just about anyone.

Anyway, hope this helps.

pearls_neck.jpg

Volvoqueen

Shiny_Rock
Yep, 7.5mm-8mm studs

Volvoqueen

Shiny_Rock
Yeah, I'm really exited to get the Freshadamas, I'm going to wait to see if PP has a flat x% off for the Holidays or Cyber Monday. The Ivorys look beautiful, very vintage feeling. Is your necklace 18"?

Volvoqueen

Shiny_Rock
lizzyann01 do you have any pictures of your Silver-Rose on you? I'd love to see them!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results