What is this all about?

To each his own but the idea of it :knockout:

I'm mayonnaise phobic, anyway, though.

Boy, what a way to gain weight, too.

asymons412

Shiny_Rock
sonomacounty|1307139848|2937207 said:
I'm mayonnaise phobic, anyway, though.

:lol: Me too! My friends think it's the oddest thing!

But in all seriousness, the very thought of that combination makes me queasy... :sick: :knockout:

holly sparkle

Shiny_Rock
:nono:

I don't get this at all! Then again I eat a ton of ketchup with my fries and my friends think that's gross.....it tends to be more ketchup than fries if I'm honest so maybe I shouldn't judge the mayo/fries lovin people!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Yum!

Always have mayonnaise and ketchup with chips... maybe it's a UK thing?

The chips are the fattening bit (carbs) the mayonnaise is fine.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Best. Thing. Ever.

I was sooooo skeptical about this until I went to visit my parents in the Netherlands. We went over to Belgium for a night and had the most amazing fries and mayo - something about Flemmish mayonaisse is just irresistable with fries. Maybe it's the vinegar content? Not totally sure, but it's amazing. It's just fried crunch and fat and pure deliciousness. Much better than salty ketchup.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Blech. But I'm not a mayo fan really.

But you know what's REALLY good? McDonald's fries dipped in their vanilla soft serve. Try it. :)

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ditto princess and Pandora-it's delicious! Our family had a Czech exchange student in high school and she taught me the mayo + french fries combo! :lickout:

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOVE IT!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
holly sparkle|1307140895|2937223 said:
:nono:

I don't get this at all! Then again I eat a ton of ketchup with my fries and my friends think that's gross.....it tends to be more ketchup than fries if I'm honest so maybe I shouldn't judge the mayo/fries lovin people!

Oh man, ketchup disgusts me. I would not be able to watch you eat fries!

Mayo doesnt sound good or bad on fries, but I'd definitely take it over ketchup! Gross!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
B.E.G.|1307141466|2937236 said:

But you know what's REALLY good? McDonald's fries dipped in their vanilla soft serve. Try it. :)

Umm, Wendys fries and a Frosty FTW!

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I wouldn't say you are judging the mayo fries people, just the idea of mayo fries. No?

I can think of so much more fun grams of fat to put on french fries than the dreaded m--- (can't even say the word).

princesss

Ideal_Rock
You get a pass because you're generally anti-mayo. But all the people that are okay with mayo on other foods really need to try this. I can only liken it to when I started eating blue cheese. I had to get over the initial "Wait, you're kidding me right?" and now I'm *hooked*!

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
My new favorite is curry chips...fries with a curry dipping sauce, pub-style. YUMMMM!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
"Lips that touch mayonnaise shall never touch mine." - Kenny

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
In Belgium & Holland. It's the usual way of eating them -- but the mayo is really more like Miracle Whip with a bit more tang to it, which will make you gag even more. So did I when we first moved there -- but it's GOOOOOD!

Belgian French Fries are THE definition of french fries, heavenly. Nada, but nada, equals them.

--- Laurie

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock
My college roommate always did this :knockout: Sounds gross to me but I have never tried it. I could be missing something great. Maybe the kind of Mayo is a deciding factor?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

BEG that is revolting!! :errrr:

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
Om nom nom. Fries and mayo. However, all dependent on the mayo. None of this Hellman's shizz -- it's got to be the real deal from Belgium or France or something. American mayo is pretty gross.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
OooOoo I'd love to try those!!!!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Why are there so many Mayo-phobic people here?

I'm a total Mayo-phile! Put mayo on anything and I'll eat it. Love love love macaroni salad, coleslaw or potato salad,

When I lived in Europe, I'd eat fries with mayo all the time. I agree that american mayo doesn't taste good on fries, so I ask for ranch!

I'm normally a pretty healthy eater, so I don't worry about the occasional french-fries drenched in dressing binge. Everything in moderation right?

sba771

Brilliant_Rock
BEST THING EVER! This was the best part of living in Europe! I could eat this all the time and would put mayo on toast if it were socially acceptable.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
:knockout: I'm not a mayo lover.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
sba771|1307146120|2937316 said:
BEST THING EVER! This was the best part of living in Europe! I could eat this all the time and would put mayo on toast if it were socially acceptable.

Somebody just turned me on to using mayo instead of butter on grilled cheese sandwiches. I may have started eating grilled cheese twice a week now. It's THAT good.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock

Ha! My sister swears by french fries dipped in chocolate Frosty's from Wendy's.

asymons412

Shiny_Rock

Ahh, I do this with fries & Wendy's frosty (the original chocolate, not this new nonsense vanilla... :nono: )!! Without a doubt one of the best combinations!

[edit] Zoe, just saw your post! But 1000 times yes, I'd swear by it too! :cheeky:

ChloeTheGreat

Brilliant_Rock
French fries and vanilla ice cream.

I know it sounds ridiculous...don't knock it till you try it!

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Well all I can think is that you must be eating some nasty kind of mayo because Frites and aoli is the Shiz! :cheeky:

Bleed Burnt Orange

Brilliant_Rock
hawaiianorangetree|1307151672|2937388 said:
Well all I can think is that you must be eating some nasty kind of mayo because Frites and aoli is the Shiz! :cheeky:

Oh yes!! I don't like mayo on anything but I have had it with fries and...I'll put a LITTLE bit if someone else is using it. It's tasty. Aoli however...I can't get enough! I know it's BASICALLY mayo, but...it's FLAVOURFUL! yumm

merilenda

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE mayo. Seriously love. Not miracle whip though. I try to avoid mayo these days since I'm dieting, but I miss it so much. I splurge sometimes. I sandwich isn't a sandwich without mayo. Same with burgers.

Fries with mayo = love. I don't like ketchup that much really.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
I love fries with ketchup and mayo. I stopped that because I need to lose weight buy yum!

FI does fries with ketchup and Tabasco sauce.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results