shape
carat
color
clarity

French fries and mayonnaise?

FuturePsyD

Shiny_Rock
YUM!!! I lived in Germany for 3 years as a child and this is where my family and I picked this combo up. In McDonalds they gave out Mayo packets with fries in Germay, at least they did so back in early 80s. I've been given mayo with my fries at some "higher end" places in the US as well from time to time.

Now, my dad always asks for Mayo with his fries and I don't blame him! It is amazing!!!! :bigsmile:

zipzapgirl

Shiny_Rock
Fries with mayo = my favorite guilty pleasure!! :love:

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
I like mayonnaise on fries in Europe, but not in Canada or the US. The fries tend to be a bit different and the mayonnaise is definitely different. I have had it at a few high end places in Canada where they make their own mayo. Mmmmmmm.

I think its the same thing with poutine. You have to be in the right place to get the right experience. I love love love poutine with cheese curd and gravy in Montreal (La Banquise has the best poutine eva! Anthony Bourdain went there!). I tried poutine at the Canadian bar in London and wanted to gag. It was all wrong.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
They also go good with ranch too.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is a Europe (or non US) vs US thing. I'll do it out of the country and love it, but will not do it here. :knockout:

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock
With homemade mayo, absolutely. Tastiest thing ever. My favorite Belgian bar in NYC serves them in the traditional paper cone with homemade garlic mayo for dipping. Heavenly. But I'd never use Hellman's mayo from a jar for dipping. It's just not the same.

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
jaysonsmom|1307145735|2937312 said:
Why are there so many Mayo-phobic people here?

I'm a total Mayo-phile! Put mayo on anything and I'll eat it. Love love love macaroni salad, coleslaw or potato salad,

When I lived in Europe, I'd eat fries with mayo all the time. I agree that american mayo doesn't taste good on fries, so I ask for ranch!

I'm normally a pretty healthy eater, so I don't worry about the occasional french-fries drenched in dressing binge. Everything in moderation right?

Heck ya! You'd make a good Hawaiian.

I used to eat mayo with carrots, so who am I to say mayo and fries are gross?

Fries w/ketchup and malt vinegar...Dick's fries with their shake (if you're from Washington State, you know what I mean)...yea, fries with shakes are great! The salt and the sugar...

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
blacksand|1307380276|2939037 said:
With homemade mayo, absolutely. Tastiest thing ever. My favorite Belgian bar in NYC serves them in the traditional paper cone with homemade garlic mayo for dipping. Heavenly. But I'd never use Hellman's mayo from a jar for dipping. It's just not the same.

Blacksand, would you mind sharing the name (and approximate cross-streets?) of the Belgian restaurant in NYC? :lickout:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results