shape
carat
color
clarity

Freke''s wedding shoe story.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Ugh, I HATE that I can''t be online as much as I used to because then I miss exciting things like this as they happen!!

You did a completely FABULOUS job, I''m so so so happy! They look amazing, you''re amazing, it''s all amazing! Lol, can you tell I''m excited? I''m thrilled about how everything turned out.
36.gif

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Hello, AWESOMENESS!!!! Ditto to everyone else - that took some major cajones, but whew the outcome is FABULOUS!!!

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Wow Freke those shoes are SO awesome!!! They look professional, like you just bought them from the store!!

You are so creative - wish I had the craftiness to do that. The blue looks great.
36.gif

Anyway, LOVE the shoes!!!
30.gif
30.gif
So beautiful, such a great job!!!

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Those are STUNNING!!!!!
30.gif

May I ask what glue wound up working the best? I know there are going to be a few ladies who may try this out. My first thought would be to try Tacky Glue.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Freketastic for sure!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow!!!!There are so many replies!!! Thank you for all of your wonderful compliments!!PrincessDijon, VRBeauty, Linda W, elrohwen, Octavia, AmberGretchen, misspinky, sunnyd, Bliss, emeraldlover1, choro, PilsnPinkysMom, redfaerythinker, Deelight, supergirl10, jcarlylew82, katamari, Tacori E-ring, laurel25, Sparkalicious, flopkins, brandy z28, Elmorton, luvthemstrawberries, Winks Elf, TGal, and SDL you guys are awesome, even though many of you made me question my sanity!!! Thank you so much for coming up with all of the great ways of putting "freke" into adjectives!!!I''ve read everything out loud to FI, and he thinks you guys are great. (As if we didn''t know that already!)

Star Sparkle!!! I miss our shoe searches lady! You already know I wouldn''t have been able to do this without you, so thank you times a million girly! I owe you one!

Answers to questions:

I am going to add some more, but probably not a ton-maybe a pack or two. I''m still trying to convince my neck that there was a time that it wasn''t in pain. Lol. I should have used some cool magnifying glasses or something.

You guys really have me considering the decorated shoes. I wouldn''t even know where to begin, and I think I''d like to get some more practice in before I would open up shop, but if I decide to do something like that, I will totally let you guys know.

I promise that I will have some shoe pics from my wedding day to show you guys! Plenty of them. I''m planning on giving my digital camera to one of my super close friends so they can take pics on the day of, and I''m going to try to talk my guests into buying digital cameras if they don''t have them already! Pictures are one thing I plan to have many of!

As for the glue--the verdict is still out. I haven''t touched them since I took the pictures, so I can''t say for sure, but one thing I do know is that super glue does NOT work at all. It literally soaks into the satin and doesn''t adhere the crystals to it for more than a couple of seconds. These are the Swarovski hot fix crystals, and I tried to use my hot iron to stick them to the satin, but it didn''t work out very well, many of the crystals fell off almost immediately--probably because I didn''t leave it on there long enough. It was really scary doing that, not because I was afraid I''d burn myself but because I was afraid I''d burn the shoes!! Otherwise I used a combination of a clear liquid gel glue and a clear drying fabric glue. Those certainly worked the best, but I don''t know how well they will stick to the shoes once they''ve moved around a bit. We''ll see and I will report back what happens.

Now, this probably won''t surprise most of you, but I''m seriously considering buying another pair of shoes--white ones. And dyeing them blue. Bright cobalt blue. Why you might ask? Well, after spending 12+ hours working on these, I don''t want to ruin the white satin too much by walking around dirty ol'' Vegas. So I figure I''ll buy another pair-dye them blue, and just let whatever happens to them, happen. Of course, if I come across some amazing blue satin heels that would be perfect, I''ll snap them up right away.

I''m glad you guys like them! I didn''t really think about it as much as I probably should have before doing it, but I''m happy that I did it. They came out even better than I hoped for.
Thanks again ladies!!!!!
36.gif

cammy85

Shiny_Rock
I agree with everyone that they look AMAZING, but I certainly wouldn''t have the guts to do what you did. Much less have it turn out as well as yours. You are incredible, and those shoes are SO you.

Ah-may-ZING!

buttercup80

Shiny_Rock
Love love love LOVE them! What a fantastic idea! Add my name to the list of people who think you should go into business. . .

brooklyngirl

Brilliant_Rock
Those are FABULOUS!
30.gif

teapot

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/18/2009 5:34:33 AM
Author: allycat0303
Hey Freke,

I think you did an AMAZING job. And best of all, they are totally unique, so no one is going to be wearing those shoes (ever) but you.

HOWEVER, I seriously think you area WILD WOMAN for approaching a pair of 230+ shoes with a glue gun. I would have been much to chicken to attempt that. Can you imagine the potential for disaster? As I was reading, I was freaking out for you.

My thoughts exacty

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
OMG Freke, those shoes turned out awesome! You are seriously talented, girlfriend. I see a career change in your future - lol
9.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Freke, those are just awesome!!!!!!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Freke!! They look great!!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Freke - OMG Those are TO DIE FOR

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Freke, if some of your stones have fallen off, please try the tacky glue! I swear it works. It''s meant for crafts. You can water the stuff down for decoupage, or leave it thick. Put a dollop on a plastic coated disposable plate (or an old china bowl...it washes off if you get it before it drys), and use a toothpick to apply the glue to the back of the stone, and apply to the shoe. It will dry clear, and really hold the stones on the shoes. I''m going to attempt it with a cheap pair of blue leather shoes I bought. I''ll post before and afters when they''re done (won''t be for at least a month though, too much else going on).

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
I'm late to this thread
But
Freke! those look great! i can't wait to see them with your dress and the whole ensemble!
Did u Try GEM TAC? It's Great-- it is also clear-- and super duper strong--- I have added crystals to a shirt and dog collars and its sooo strong!-- nothing comes off
I use it whenever I am glueing rhinestones or crystals--- It works great with a little q-tip or toothpic as an applicator.

I Love your Dress BTW-- when does it come in?
36.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Winks--I wouldn't know if they are going to fall off or not because they haven't been touched since I finished them. I'm assuming at least some will. I'm not gentle to my shoes (believe it or not!)

blinkydoll 7-10 days I think? There isn't an estimated date that it will arrive, but it left Ohio today! Ohio to NM can't take that long right?!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results