shape
carat
color
clarity

Freke''s wedding shoe story.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Wow, they are great Freke!

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Word to all the posters who speak to the serious quevos it takes to put glue and rhinestones to a $400 pair of Stuart''s...even if you did get them on sale for $200+
6.gif

You should be knighted as the Most Freke Shoe Goddess among the living.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/18/2009 10:33:51 AM
Author: NewEnglandLady
These shoes scream ''Frekechild'' and I love it!!! They are absolutely perfect!! You were able to take classic white shoes and add bue AND rhinestones in a way that is completely original and so much fun!!! All of your hard work (and some bravery!) paid off--they are absolutely perfect for you!! Job well done!
Ditto to this Freke - they are amazing and completely unique!!!!
36.gif

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Um, would it be weird to ask for footshots?!?
9.gif

J/K

They are gorgeous, Freke! You have serious style!

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 1/18/2009 11:43:30 AM
Author: sugarjo
You did such a beautiful job.

Have you ever consider making a career out of this....

Ditto, I would pay for a custom pair of those! (Etsy!)

pinkstars

Brilliant_Rock
I think they''re lovely! When are they going on the market, because I would love to own a pair! ;-)
So GORGEOUS!

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Cool!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok, I agree with you guys. I am totally insane. Thinking about it now after I''ve had a good nights sleep...yeah I''m nuts.

Deelight Thanks!!!I think it did too, but now I''m questioning my sanity. Lol.

DandiAndi Thank you!!!It''s great to hear that you guys think they look good.

Lol allycat I know! I''m crazy! Yeah there was definite potential for disaster. Especially when I worked for hours on the first shoe, got them all over it, and then looked at the second shoe and went, do I really want to keep doing this? And my next thought was..."if you don''t, you''re going to have to buy another pair of wedding shoes." Yeah. That was motivation.

Thanks bee*!!! I''m excited!

Honey Yeah. Especially a pair I couldn''t afford to buy again!

Addy Thank you!!!

Thing2 I''m glad I just went for it and didn''t think about it too much. Otherwise I would have chickened out. Big time.

DearBuddha I''m actually freaking out more now after reading everyone''s responses...Why didn''t I think it was this crazy before hand?!

BeachRunner Yeah I think I''m going to go ahead and buy more in a few days. I''m betting that some will fall off while I''m walking (but how cool is it that I''m going to leave a trail of crystals?!) so best to have more on there in the first place!

modernsparkler I hope I''ll have fun wearing them! After putting so much work into them though I''m considering buying a second (cheaper!) pair of shoes to wear after the ceremony, because I would hate it if these got messed up!

NEL Hey! I was wondering what you''d think of them because when I was going through my first post when I got the shoes, you loved them then! I agree, they are very "me" now!

Iloveprincesscuts Lol! I suggest trying it with a cheaper pair first. FI had bought me blue satin Steve Maddens a while back, and I decided to try with those first. So one of them has some tiny blue blingage going on in an inconspicuous spot.

EricaR So you approve? Lol.

Gwen!!! Thank you! Your comment made me all teary and stuff.

Blair Thank you!!!I''m glad you like them!

Blondebunny I wouldn''t have done this if it weren''t for you m''dear! Lol. I feel like one looks like it has more on it than the other one, but I divided all of the packs of crystals in half, and put half on each, so I know they have the same amount...So I''ll think about it more.

sugarjo Lol. I''ve thought of owning a shoe boutique! But now I know why the "Hotspots" were over $600. I think I spent about 8 hours working on these, and they still don''t have as many crystals on them as the gold ones! I think I''ll probably stick to baking, but I''m never going to discount the shoe store idea!

ilovethiswebsite Awww!!!Thank you!!!That''s so great to hear!!!

Miracles What the heck were you envisioning?!?! I know I owe you shoes. You haven''t said what you want yet. And believe it or not, but I bought a pair of shoes yesterday too. Flats! Well, actually a very short wedge, but flat enough to be flats. Maybe 3/4 of an inch?Jessica Simpson Dafa

Thanks elrohwen!!!! I don''t mind being the shoe master!

TheBigT Yeah, two of the Crystal packs were 4mm instead of the 3mm, like all of the other ones. I''m certainly thinking about getting more of the bigger ones--they are especially nice because they cover so much more real estate than the tiny ones too. Which I didn''t really expect for the size difference being so little.

As for dress stuff, I''m still lusting after a silver dress, but designers aren''t cooperating! It makes it harder because I think I want a empire waist, and there are TONS of those out there, but they are all in white. I''m totally open to a light blue too-I love that girl''s dress that you posted!! I actually found an Alfred Sung dress that I thought was really pretty yesterday, and I''m going to look more into that. If you see anything, feel free to let me know!!!

Porridge Thank you!!!

Miracles Wow I''m getting a lot of new titles today! Lol at Most Freke Shoe Goddess among the living. You''ve got me cracking up over here!

violet3 Thanks!! I''m so glad everyone likes them so much! That makes me feel less anxious about my sanity!

shimmer I''ll get on it later! I probably would have last night, but it was 1 in the morning, and the glue wasn''t completely dry yet. I''ll think about the etsy idea. Lol at my apparent new career!

pinkstars Lol!!!Maybe I''ll think about it more...

DiamanteBlu Thanks!!!

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Wow Freke! They are gorgeous!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awesome! Now those are Freke-worthy wedding shoes!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful beautiful beautiful I love those shoes Liz!!!!! They will look gorgeous on your little tootsies
30.gif

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Freke, if it makes you feel any better, I didn''t think about how crazy it was until the other posters mentioned it. Haha. Not that I would''ve done it myself ... because I am lacking in any artistic skills ... but it never occurred to me that you could ruin the shoes. But it turned out wonderful in the end!

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Freke, you never cease to amaze me -- these are fantabulous!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Freke - they look FANTASTIC - totally FAB, and totally you!!
36.gif
36.gif
9.gif
9.gif
36.gif
36.gif

misspinky

Brilliant_Rock
A-MAZ-ING. Seriously. I love them.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Freke-tified indeed!!! Those are hot. Thanks for not leaving them white. LOL!!
9.gif

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
You truly have an artistic vision! DY-NA-MITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think you should start designing shoes for a living.

YAY

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Excelent job, Freke! I vote for a few more though....still amazing.

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
I knew it! I knew that the shoes weren''t Freke enough (as beautiful as they are by themselves)! I''m positively drooling. And they will go beautifully with your dream dress! Ooo, can''t wait for those shots...I request

1: Feet shots from multiple angles
2: Dress shots from multiple angles
3: that you make sure that you get tons of pro pics on your big day!

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Yummmmm.... You should go into the business of shoe-personalization. I loooove it!

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
Those look really great Freke. I was worried when I heard that you had bought white shoes. But I worry no longer, because those are so you!

As far as extra crystals. I might add a couple more... but know when to stop. lol

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
LOL your sanity rocks my socks those shoes are just something else
36.gif

supergirl10

Shiny_Rock
ohh love em freke, they look totally great!

? Wana customise some shoes for me? lol

jcarlylew82

Shiny_Rock
is it to late to request you for 5/5/10 to redesign shoes for me?

PLEEAAASEEE :)

seriously, Esty and Ebay is calling out to you... make more...sell them..!!

katamari

Ideal_Rock
These are freke-tastic! And I LOVE them!
30.gif
30.gif
They are absolutely the perfect shoes for Vegas. The only thing I dislike about them is that they are more fabulous than my shoes will be
25.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very brave! Very you!

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my gosh - those are AWESOME! I have to agree - you are a woman with giant cojones to go at shoes like that with hot glue! Great job!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Freke - They are Freke''n fabulous! Amazing job! They look terrific!

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
gorgeous... I am all about customizing shoes...
9.gif

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Wow!
30.gif
I agree with everyone else. Those turned out frekeing amazing! There is absolutely NO way I''d have had the cahones to tamper with $200 shoes!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results