shape
carat
color
clarity

FREE IDEAL SCOPE for identifying this DESIGNER RING!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Blueman33

Shiny_Rock
I will send a FREE Ideal Scope (U.S.A.) to the first person who can put me in touch with an internet vendor who currently carries or has access to this ring. (excluding the Metairie, LA vendor who I am not happy with). I only have one scope so it goes to the first one to post, that is if anyone can find it.

I have looked and looked. I am hoping a design person might recognize it, or someone happened to see it. Thanks for your help.

Unfortunately, the photos will not upload.

It is the .51 baguette and pave mouting pictured in

"Setting HELP Please" thread

Here is the link

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/setting-help-please.20425/

Thanks for your help, it is greatly appreciated!

reena

Ideal_Rock
are you serious that the jeweler who was trying to sell you that setting refuses to tell you who makes it???

no wonder you're unhappy with them . . .

laney

Brilliant_Rock
I didn't see the exact one but did you try www.richardlandi.com

If there is something you like there GOG does carry them.

However - in your last thread you said prices were at or about 1500 for that style? Richard Landi was much more expensive when I inquired - so I don't think this is the designer - unless they were selling an older style - ie. that's why no current model number? who knows.

I have looked at many ornate styles like that during my search. I'll see if i can find a simlar one - but check out that site too

laney

Brilliant_Rock
http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/prodshots/02B18.jpg

Gotta look at your pic again..

laney

Brilliant_Rock
that last one i posted looks pretty close to your other thread

It's at www.pearlmansjewelers.com - Michael Beaudry ring...but it's $$$ at 4500 in platnium

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
Blueman,
This isn't exactly the setting, but close. This setting has rounds instead of the baguettes. It's Shenoa & Co's ebay listing. They have a store in NYC, but that is about all I know. Lots of settings to look at:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=45399&item=4927902006

Blueman33

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 10/26/2004 10:08:57 PM reena wrote:

are you serious that the jeweler who was trying to sell you that setting refuses to tell you who makes it???

no wonder you're unhappy with them . . .----------------

Yes, he refuses to tell me who makes it, AND he has changed his story back and forth between
1. the phone call i heard him make in the store and his response, "it is available in 18k yellow gold"
2. the designer only makes it in platinum, but we will just pop the top off and put yellow gold on the bottom
3. if your diamond doesn't fit the setting (which i brought in right in front of him), we have to special order the yellow gold ring

creepy

Blueman33

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 10/26/2004 10:15:28 PM laney wrote:

I didn't see the exact one but did you try www.richardlandi.com

If there is something you like there GOG does carry them.

However - in your last thread you said prices were at or about 1500 for that style?

Oh, no. $1850 is what I said. But when you look at my post you will say, "No, you said $1475" and you will feel just like I did today when the jeweler told me $1850 for a ring which I have his business card in his hand writing with a discription and model for $1450. (the $25 was my error).

When I asked him what was going on, he said, "oh that was for all yellow, and now you're telling me you want platinum mounting" anyway, he just lied. We NEVER discussed any ring with yellow gold mounting prongs, there were no rings at the place wtih yellow gold mounting prongs and even so $400 extra for prongs.....errrg

i'm just not happy with this guy at all.

hey joey

Rough_Rock
post a picture of the ring. it will be easy to help you

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
change the file name - it will not post otherwise.

Funny - we have a secondary market for Ideal-scopes now - bartered for services. (my mind boggles
1.gif
)

Diamondsbybree

Brilliant_Rock
I can't get my picture to come up right now either....
confused.gif
I will keep trying.
wink2.gif

Diamondsbybree

Brilliant_Rock
Is it like this?
confused.gif
I couldn't get the other pic to load.... need cofee quick~

like.jpg

laney

Brilliant_Rock
This pic is probably too big... but it's at the link I posted above...

The only one I could find with a knife edge..

bluemanlookalike.jpg

Blueman33

Shiny_Rock
EDIT: SORRY, I didn't see that Katy posted the shots. Thanks Katy!
Gary was right, I needed to rename the file. Thanks Gary.

RINGS2.jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Close, but not quite. How would knife edge work with the baguettes?

RLd.JPG

Blueman33

Shiny_Rock
Laney,

What I love about the setting I am looking for is the basket. It has thin prongs, but is open to view the whole stone, and doesn't have the 'band' of a typical basket, but instead has this curvy thing going on.

What a mystery.

Gary,

Ideal Scopes have become barter material, next thing you know people will be trading them like American dollars! : )

Hey maybe you can autograph them and they'll increase in value?

laney

Brilliant_Rock
Gotcha.

My tacori has as similar basket -and I love the way it looks - very open.

BTW - wasn't really motivated per say by the idealscope.. more just to help out!
9.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For some "antiquey" settings with open baskets and tall prongs tou may want to look down HERE The idea came from the samples they post at weddingbad.com

I definitely did not go through their couple' dozen designer pages.

Hope this helps.

Blueman33

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 10/27/2004 12:03:59 PM laney wrote:

Gotcha.

My tacori has as similar basket -and I love the way it looks - very open.

Isn't Tacori really expensive? Anyway if you have a pic or model #, I'd like to see it.

BTW - wasn't really motivated per say by the idealscope.. more just to help out!
9.gif
----------------

I know, thanks, : )

Blueman33

Shiny_Rock
I have emailed every vendor I know.

If I can't find the ring, either I have to deal with this jeweler, or ditch the idea.

You see I wanted yellow gold shank, white gold or platinum prongs, including the tiny prongs in the pave. I don't want the look of yellow prongs in the pave.

Yellow gold is a pain in the booty. I wonder if you could yellow gold plate a white gold ring.

there are tons of great settings in white gold and platinum. Then if you get them yellow gold, you have to worry with the getting the prongs white, if they are integrated into the setting, rather than the Tiffany type that just mount on. And I don't want yellow gold prongs in a pave setting.

Maybe I should spend a weekend in NYC looking, since their market is bigger than here (and I have a place to stay)

Tired of looking. I am getting burned out on this quest.

I'm to the point of buying an antique white gold ring and spray painting it in the backyard.
sad.gif

abradabra

Shiny_Rock
I bet you totally could "yellow gold plate" a white gold ring! Actually, I am wearing my college ring right now that is white gold. I nearly had a heart attack when I initially received it because it was SO YELLOW--I thought it had to be a mistake (not quite as yellow as yellow gold, but they'd have to be next to each other to tell). Someone later told me that white gold only really looks like platinum or silver because of the rhodium coating.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No plating will resist for too long under permanent wear. If the plating is of different color than the "background" - ten times more so since every scratch will show asap.

WG alloys are more or less sucessful - one that looks like faint yellow gold was probably made in someone's backyard
eek.gif

Anyway, why not just have that ring custom made? Buying from a brand is not going to eitehr save you money or get precisely what you want. Since you know exactly what you want, custom work may be just the thing.

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
Its common for a jeweler to hold this information hostage.

You are not his customer, he feels you are only shopping him and waisting his time. But if you can not find the ring then he can ask any price he wants.

So, dont get mad at the jeweler if you were just shopping him for information on product and not going to use him.

I hope this helps understanding the other side.

The Iceman

Blueman33

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 10/27/2004 4:33:24 PM Iceman wrote:

Its common for a jeweler to hold this information hostage.

You are not his customer, he feels you are only shopping him and waisting his time. But if you can not find the ring then he can ask any price he wants.

So, dont get mad at the jeweler if you were just shopping him for information on product and not going to use him.

I hope this helps understanding the other side.

I am not just shopping for information. I was totally his customer. He quoted me in his own handwriting on his card a price of $1450 for 18k yellow gold with white or platinum prongs. I brought in my stone to see how it looked. I was ready to roll.

When confirming the price and that 'prongs' included the teeny ones in the pave, he said the price was $1850. He then went on to state that the $1450 quote (or even less) was for all yellow. This was incorrect, we NEVER discussed yellow prongs, there were NO yellow prongs on any mount in the store and I don't even think i've ever seen yellow prongs.

He then went on to say that the ring only comes in platinum so they themselves are doing the work, even after he called in front of me and talked to the rep. He stated it comes in 18k yellow gold and wrote a quote for yellow on his card. Then he turns around and says that they were going to cut off the bottom of hte ring and replace it with yellow gold, which would make a two tone, which i never asked for.

But he added, if the ring didn't fit the diamond (which he knew it did since I brought it in), they would have to order the yellow gold from the manufactorer(which he just said the company doens't make and they have to cut it up).

So after all that confusion and craziness, I decided to not be his customer.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Blueman33 there are always 2 sides to a story.
I for one would very much like to hear the jewelers side.
Why not send him an email and ask him to register and defend himself?

Blueman33

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 10/27/2004 4:24:17 PM valeria101 wrote:

No plating will resist for too long under permanent wear. If the plating is of different color than the 'background' - ten times more so since every scratch will show asap.

WG alloys are more or less sucessful - one that looks like faint yellow gold was probably made in someone's backyard
eek.gif

Anyway, why not just have that ring custom made? Buying from a brand is not going to eitehr save you money or get precisely what you want. Since you know exactly what you want, custom work may be just the thing.

----------------

May very well be the solution. i did email Karen Bleifer who stated that this ring would run around $2200 custom made.

The jeweler suggested cutting off the bottom of hte ring and replacing with yellow gold. She stated that it might not be a good idea to mess with the original design of a mass produced ring all that much. She thought the proposition of the taking yellow gold and melding it to platinum takes a lot of talent, and isn't something an everyday jeweler does. So it might get butchered.

She thought if I did want the bottom yellow, instead of having a jeweler cutting on the ring and trying to connect two different metals, just to buy the ring as is, yellow plate what I want yellow and call it a day. She thought in the long run that would be less risk for dissapointment, even though it must be redone. But I really wasn't looking for 'bottom yellow, top white' two toned look anyway.

Pricewise, if I paid $1850 for the ring as is in platinum, plus plating, plus tax, plus dealing with a salesperson that I don't communicate well with...$2200 for a custom ring would likely be a MUCH better idea!

She also did what many have done which was asked me to consider platinum. She really thinks diamonds just look better in it. Maybe it could be the one thing in the gf's wardrobe that would stand out. She highly recommends platinum.

As I see so many more options in white gold and platinum, i might give up the yellow gold ring quest, especially when it seems diamonds look better in white. And in fact, it will be the one thing in her wardrope that stands out.

Blueman33

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 10/26/2004 10:44:51 PM Libster wrote:

Blueman,
This isn't exactly the setting, but close. This setting has rounds instead of the baguettes. It's Shenoa & Co's ebay listing. They have a store in NYC, but that is about all I know. Lots of settings to look at:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=45399&item=4927902006----------------

SHENOA has great looking settings. But they have a negative thread on PS, which is mainly regarding center stones.

The settings look great, but the thread causes concern. Thanks.

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
I know, I saw the negatives b4. Just recently I did see a positive post somewhere in one of the forums. This person had actually gone to the store in the diamond district in NYC and had a great experience with them. Maybe if you do a search you can find the new post. I thought they had a great selection of settings at really reasonable prices.

Good Luck...BlueMan
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results