shape
carat
color
clarity

Fragrance of the Day Thread

munchee

Brilliant_Rock
Interesting convo with DH about perfume. I asked him about how he didn’t have any comments with me spraying perfume these days.... and long story short he thought it came from my body soap :lol: instead of perfume:lol: conclusion is, DH can accept creed millesime because it smells like body soap:lol:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
20210316_095723.jpg

SOTD is Ivoire. Which was a different beast from it's predecessor. Also one which was stupidly discontinued.

Redwoods-hiker-girl

Brilliant_Rock
Jo Malone Tuberose and Angelica. It fits the mood, which is heavy with ennui. Very much meh.

Last edited:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today its YSL Cinema. Its cool but overcast, so I can actually enjoy it without being suffocated...lol

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My SOTD is Parfums DelRae Boise de Paradis, which IMO is perfect for spring. And we actually had a pretty springlike day with cooler temps Its roughly 63F now and I can still smell it (applied at like 8:30am today?)

I've got Boise de paradise, Amoureuse, and Mythique.

I cherish these scents as I won't be able to get them anymore

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

New samples of Hermes H24 and Diptique Orpheon. Interesting.

cheers--Sharon

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They should be called Gone in 60 seconds, cuz that is how long they lasted on me!

:oops2: :lol:

I had gotten an invite to Diptyque to try the new perfume in Miami, but considering the state they're in, gave it a miss. Might be OK that I didn't bother anyway?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

No scents and no candles. Things have gone to hell in a handbasket. GBCW!

cheers--Sharon

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

No scents and no candles. Things have gone to hell in a handbasket. GBCW!

cheers--Sharon

Sharon, I hope the world looks much better for you today! Sending you gently und inoffensively scented hugs across the miles !!

Do remember: a little comfort scent makes the world more bearable!

Trying to lure spring back in one of my top 5 desert island fragrances: Guerlain acqua allégoria herba fresca

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh oh @canuk-gal does not sound good??

Today I'm wearing Burburry Baby Touch which is the non alcohol based one....truly meant for kids but I like it better than the other one :lol: Just a kid at heart I guess.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, @canuk-gal , thinking of you and sending perfumed PS Dust your way!

:wavey::wavey::wavey::wavey: I am just grateful those NEST candles lasted so long! I'll get my hazmat suit on and go to Saks. They have some new scents!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I found an old stash of Royal Water (Creed) in my DH's drawer. I am happy! LOL

cheers--Sharon

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Odd pairing day:

Gucci II and Molinard Marine Vanille.

I honestly did not think it would work but...wow, it does. MV brings in sweetness to balance the tart berries in II. Also II can be a bit cedar heavy, so, that lovely vanilla note, the calone (which I normally hate) really works very well here.

But its early, we'll see how this goes...lol.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Odd pairing day:

Gucci II and Molinard Marine Vanille.

I honestly did not think it would work but...wow, it does. MV brings in sweetness to balance the tart berries in II. Also II can be a bit cedar heavy, so, that lovely vanilla note, the calone (which I normally hate) really works very well here.

But its early, we'll see how this goes...lol.

I am wearing Molnard Vanille today. I adore this fragrance but it is no longer made. I have not yet tried the Marine Vanille.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am wearing Molnard Vanille today. I adore this fragrance but it is no longer made. I have not yet tried the Marine Vanille.

That one is very hard to find, no longer made. I did find a couple of bottles for around 40 dollars (each...ouch) but man it smells fantastic. Its like eating caramel popcorn (the good stuff) by the sea shore.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That one is very hard to find, no longer made. I did find a couple of bottles for around 40 dollars (each...ouch) but man it smells fantastic. Its like eating caramel popcorn (the good stuff) by the sea shore.

Oh you were fortunate to be able to find some bottles of Molinard Vanille. I searched but was unable to find any of the original. So I lovingly savor what I have left. About half a bottle. :(

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

While loading up on Nest candles, I got a sample of Creed--Love in White. Lasted 10 minutes if that.

cheers--Sharon

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

While loading up on Nest candles, I got a sample of Creed--Love in White. Lasted 10 minutes if that.

cheers--Sharon

Bummer!

Somehow I think you might enjoy Guerlain A A Herba fresca as much as I do in spring... And Byredo Inflorescence maybe?

Both green citrusy white florals

Site: Jo Malone orange blossom

Like walking in an orange plantation when the trees are in bloom.

No neroli, not much fuss, but to my nose exactly like burying my nose in the actual orange flower. Only perfume I know that does that!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bummer!

Somehow I think you might enjoy Guerlain A A Herba fresca as much as I do in spring... And Byredo Inflorescence maybe?

Both green citrusy white florals

Site: Jo Malone orange blossom

Like walking in an orange plantation when the trees are in bloom.

No neroli, not much fuss, but to my nose exactly like burying my nose in the actual orange flower. Only perfume I know that does that!

I do like Orange Blossom from JM. An old favorite. I might revisit it!:wavey: Thanks for the suggestions!!

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do like Orange Blossom from JM. An old favorite. I might revisit it!:wavey: Thanks for the suggestions!!

If you like JM OB there's a good chance you might enjoy the other two!

I did want to say "sotd" not 'site". Darn autocorrect !

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Henry Rose's Jake's House - body cream, followed by a light spritz of eau de parfum.

I am so excited to be able to wear perfume again! I am sooooo freaking sensitive to scents it's annoying. IG got me curious about Henry Rose. Samples were easy to order so I figured what the heck, I'll give it a shot. Several of their scents appeal to me and don't give me an ounce of discomfort! My absolute favorite is Queens & Monsters.

I have always read this thread longingly and am now SO excited I can actually wear & enjoy something!

Myshinybestlife

Shiny_Rock
I got Roja Lakme discovery atomizer as a gift almost 2 years ago, I loved it but I just couldn't bring myself to pay the high ticket price for the full bottle. I sprayed the last of it today. It was a limited edition sold only in Europe, a lovely combination of all my favorite notes, Rose, vanilla, citrus lasts all day on my clothes and some.
How do you store your fragrances? Do you keep the box? Do you leVe them out/ rotate. I need ideas on a good system to rotate them more efficiently.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got Roja Lakme discovery atomizer as a gift almost 2 years ago, I loved it but I just couldn't bring myself to pay the high ticket price for the full bottle. I sprayed the last of it today. It was a limited edition sold only in Europe, a lovely combination of all my favorite notes, Rose, vanilla, citrus lasts all day on my clothes and some.
How do you store your fragrances? Do you keep the box? Do you leVe them out/ rotate. I need ideas on a good system to rotate them more efficiently.

My closet has AC...lol but then again, so did the other one. This one is much smaller than the one I had in Massachusetts (that one was bedroom sized!!) this is like normal walk in closet size. Before I built my closet in Mass , I used to keep them in the basement :lol: I allow only that one column of shelves (the ones I put in) because otherwise I'd be crazy perfume lady.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results