shape
carat
color
clarity

Fragrance of the Day Thread

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You and me both girlfriend. Bring on the lavender. I take baths with it and spray it around my pillow every night. Oh I miss my lavender baths now that we are back in the city...it's a treat reserved for the beach house. Sigh.

I hope you didn't get me wrong girls, I put lavender in my rinse cycle for bed linen, love it in "my Guerlain" and give my bigger kids head massages with it (they sleep better and it's supposed to keep any creepy head lice away -seems to be working). Hope everyone else will get back to lavender!//

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope you didn't get me wrong girls, I put lavender in my rinse cycle for bed linen, love it in "my Guerlain" and give my bigger kids head massages with it (they sleep better and it's supposed to keep any creepy head lice away -seems to be working). Hope everyone else will get back to lavender!//

Oh no I totally understand. I didn’t think you were referring to yourself. Just the trend.

I’m so allergic to many things (my dermatolgist and surgeon marvel at my huge sensitivity and reactive skin and body) that I’m thrilled to have found perfumes and fragrances that work for me.

My lavender is one of my favorites and sets a peaceful tone for evening and lulling meto sleep. It’s a low brow fragrance though lol. LaVanila Lavender vanilla but I love it and have stocked up on it because as with most things I love they eventually discontinue it. And so they have. When I run out I’ll be on a search but for now I’m enjoying and relaxing with my lavender. ❤️

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
as with most things I love they eventually discontinue it. And so they have.

That's so unfortunate. Happens to me as well.

Food that you were able to buy back up bottles (sais the lady with about one litre of back up discontinued Lalique in the blue box...)

Reactions: AV_

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooooooooops someone might be wearing a spray of FM "promise" . It's under heavy clothing, it's cold outside and I am a sahm, so not bothering anyone who can't get away from me (kids in school and Dh traveling).
Smelling me across the Atlantic, @canuk-gal , @missy , @Arcadian ??

ya know....we ARE getting a pretty hefty eastery wind today ;)2 I need to get my nose back on this. First time I tried it I was "Are you kidding me?" and put it away. Not sure what happened to that tester but I'll go get another...lol

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I’m wearing my favorite this morning. Just a light touch since it’s mild outside today and a little goes a long way. Tihota. Heaven on earth :halo:

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
Santa Maria Novella Classica for this morning. Smells a lot like Acqua di Parma but the fact that it was made for Catherine de Medici and this concoction still exists today makes it more special- to me anyways.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing Amouage Sunshine. Apparently everyone I've met today loves it...lol

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing Pacifica Star Child which is vanilla sandalwood and has clear quartz in the bottom of the bottle. There might be some rose in it (according to the bottle) but I don't really smell any. Really pretty though, soft. TJMaxx has it for 10 dollars right now.

princessandthepear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Has anyone tried Christian Louboutin Bikini Questa Sera, a white flower perfume with green notes? What was your experience and can you recommend a tuberose/jasmine perfume that is not too indolic?

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Has anyone tried Christian Louboutin Bikini Questa Sera, a white flower perfume with green notes? What was your experience and can you recommend a tuberose/jasmine perfume that is not too indolic?

Sorry, haven't tried the CL Bikini.
My fave non indolic Jasmin is Christian Dior Jasmin des anges, ATM.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sotd. Dior Gris Dior (fka Gris Montaigne). Sophisticated as always

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
SInce about January 23rd I've been wearing Guerlains Embruns Y'lang. OMG, they need to make bigger bottles of this stuff!! I'm getting a backup screw it, I NEED this one! This stuff is so good and lasts forever on me (seriously 24 hours, its tenacious!)

Would the Paris Flagship store have bigger bottle (bee bottle) of this I wonder?

BTW, I heard through the grape vine (fragrantica) that Nahema and Aprés l'Ondee will be discontinued this year. I could never wear Nahema no matter how hard I tried. Apres l'Ondee is something I can wear but its so light! I might pick up a bottle if I see it for cheap somewhere.

SparkleC

Shiny_Rock
Modern Muse by Estee Lauder. Every day. I pick a fragrance and stick with it for years. I love that I have a "scent" and people know me by that fragrance. Smell is the most evocative of the 5 senses. I love when people will tell me that they smelled my perfume somewhere and immediately thought of me. =)2 I wore Beauty by Kate Spade for years until she discontinued it. That made me very sad. Estee claims they never discontinue a scent. That's a big plus for me.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
SInce about January 23rd I've been wearing Guerlains Embruns Y'lang. OMG, they need to make bigger bottles of this stuff!! I'm getting a backup screw it, I NEED this one! This stuff is so good and lasts forever on me (seriously 24 hours, its tenacious!)

Would the Paris Flagship store have bigger bottle (bee bottle) of this I wonder?

BTW, I heard through the grape vine (fragrantica) that Nahema and Aprés l'Ondee will be discontinued this year. I could never wear Nahema no matter how hard I tried. Apres l'Ondee is something I can wear but its so light! I might pick up a bottle if I see it for cheap somewhere.

Whaaaaaaatttt Nahema? Après l'ondée axed???

Sacrilege!!!!

Will keep you posted about the possibility to buy a huge vat of Embruns d' Ylang

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Jo Malone Orange Bitters. Yum.

cheers--Sharon

princessandthepear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The temperature has dropped here. Today I am wearing Fidelis Histoires de Parfums. This is absolutely gorgeous and the scent bubble seems to grow.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So disappointed. My favorite perfume is on backorder and of course I worry that it might not even be available again. A number of years ago they stopped producing it and gave us notice so I got a few bottles and then a few years later they started making it again. Sweet relief for me. So now, that it is backordered, I wonder if something else is going on...I am almost out of my beloved Tihota. :((

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today is Les Nereides Patchouli Antique (Patchouli Precieux) Not cold per see, but overcast and cloudy and we'll hit 84 degrees. Just the right fume for the day.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m wearing Tihota again. It’s perfect for sub freezing temps. And I’m going to enjoy it to the last drop. ♥

Though hopefully it will come back into stock and I can purchase a FB. This is my HG perfume.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Keeping fingers crossed for you, @missy !

I REALLY need to try Tihota , haven't smelled it yet.

Trying to pick a fragrance for a week in the snow.... Won't be skiing much myself, because I have my sweet baby girl, but I think I'll go with Vanilla flash.. Hermes amber narguilé... Or??

Sotd mon Guerlain intense

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Keeping fingers crossed for you, @missy !

I REALLY need to try Tihota , haven't smelled it yet.

Trying to pick a fragrance for a week in the snow.... Won't be skiing much myself, because I have my sweet baby girl, but I think I'll go with Vanilla flash.. Hermes amber narguilé... Or??

Sotd mon Guerlain intense

Thank you and yes you should try a sample to see what you think first. It is gourmet and not for everyone but when I wear it it is like a big warm loving rich delicious hug.

For your snow fragrance choice if you're taking votes mine is for Hermessence Ambre Narguile. I love it on a cold winter's day. It's warm and spicy and delicious. Perfect for the snow.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm a bit commitment-phobic when it comes to perfume... A week is soo long in the same scent.
I might have a travel size of AN...that bottle is huge..

hedgehog93

Rough_Rock
Everyday scent: Floris Bergamotto Di Positano

Fancy event scent: Floris Malmaison Encore

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wet and rainy day today. I've been working on building a brand new server (invaribly things do go wrong with those things) had to stop before I threw something, took a very long shower (not normally my thing to do) and put on Teint de Neige. Ahhhhhhhhhh Its bedtime now.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm a bit commitment-phobic when it comes to perfume... A week is soo long in the same scent.
I might have a travel size of AN...that bottle is huge..

When I used to travel I would take a few perfumes in the mini spray bottles so I could wear whatever I wanted to as my mood dictated. That way you don't have to commit to just one.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:oops:I *might* have picked up the 4 hermessence travel sprays of ambre narguilé, paprika Brasil, Myrrhe églantine and vétiver tonka
yesterday

When I used to travel I would take a few perfumes in the mini spray bottles so I could wear whatever I wanted to as my mood dictated. That way you don't have to commit to just one.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:oops:I *might* have picked up the 4 hermessence travel sprays of ambre narguilé, paprika Brasil, Myrrhe églantine and vétiver tonka
yesterday

Yassss!!! I have those too. Love them ♥ Enjoy!!!! All beautiful fragrances!

Vetiver tonka is my go to for the summer and spring. That was FB worthy for me.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:oops: :oops:
Yassss!!! I have those too. Love them ♥ Enjoy!!!! All beautiful fragrances!

Vetiver tonka is my go to for the summer and spring. That was FB worthy for me.

I have the fbs of those already

But I smell cosy in ambre narguilé today!! Yay

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:oops: :oops:

I have the fbs of those already

But I smell cosy in ambre narguilé today!! Yay

Oh my gosh! I’m wearing Ambre Narguile today too. Haha I think you put the thought in my head yesterday. So cozy and comforting indeed. ♥️

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results