shape
carat
color
clarity

Fragrance of the Day Thread

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jasmin des Anges (Dior)... for Christmas ( window) Shopping at place Vendôme in this far too warm weather. Beautiful floral.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Guerlain ideal homme cologne. Perfectly unisex.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Chanel #5 body lotion. mmmmmm I keep putting my hands on my face to inhale in the scent.....

cheers--Sharon

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
Eau des Merveilles, by Hermes. It has been my go-to scent this holiday season.

Yes! I love it! I received it for Christmas this year and have been enjoying wearing it ever since. I just can't get enough of it. I walk by my dresser and have to stop and smell it.

Gem Queen

Brilliant_Rock
Creed Vanasia

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yesterday I started the year with YSL Cinema. and whoa... I do forget how good it can be.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good one, @Arcadian and happy new year to you!

The same my friend! Tomorrow (or later today...lol) I will be wearing Guerlain Embruns Y'lang totally sprung for a full bottle because...sales...lol

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am starting to wear perfume again and already forgot what I have in inventory besides my winter favorites of Vaniglia del Madagascar and Tihota. Cannot wait to get back to NYC and see my perfume collection again. I really forgot what I have lol.

Today I am wearing Vaniglia Del Madagascar. An oldie but a delicious goody for me.

vanigliadelmadagascar.jpg

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Confession time...just bought Frederic Malle "promise" ...... As an air freshener (well FRESH is the last thing that comes to mind).

It's got plutonium strength, sillage and longevity. Too much on me. But great for a winter house. Too much for most people and the hefty dose of cypriol makes it a perfumista "miss". Still had to have it in my collection. People irl would send me to the therapist if they found out..
1spray scents 3500 daft for two days lol

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yesterday was the first day wearing my sample of Winter Palace by Memo. I am wearing it again this morning.

Sweet (not too sweet), spicy, citrus (lemon and grapefruit and bergamot). Then amber, vanilla, and amber wood come into play and the dry down is a warm gourmand but not too sweet or cloying. This has promise. We shall see if it is FB worthy...

winterpalace.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Confession time...just bought Frederic Malle "promise" ...... As an air freshener (well FRESH is the last thing that comes to mind).

It's got plutonium strength, sillage and longevity. Too much on me. But great for a winter house. Too much for most people and the hefty dose of cypriol makes it a perfumista "miss". Still had to have it in my collection. People irl would send me to the therapist if they found out..
1spray scents 3500 daft for two days lol

Haha I use a far cheaper "air freshener" scent right before bed. I spray around my sleeping area. La Vanilla Lavender. It is very relaxing and much less expensive than Frederic Malle "Promise"...but of course one has to enjoy vanilla and lavender.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha I use a far cheaper "air freshener" scent right before bed. I spray around my sleeping area. La Vanilla Lavender. It is very relaxing and much less expensive than Frederic Malle "Promise"...but of course one has to enjoy vanilla and lavender.

Vanilla and lavender make far more sense for sleeping!!!!

I quite enjoy the lavender note in Guerlain "mon Guerlain" Edp

...bzw what a shame lavender has fallen out of fashion... It smells good, is relaxing, antibacterial , a mite and bug repellant and a natural pick-me-up ( some say antidepressant). Why do we use harsh chemicals instead ?? Humans don't make sense most of the time

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Vanilla and lavender make far more sense for sleeping!!!!

I quite enjoy the lavender note in Guerlain "mon Guerlain" Edp

...bzw what a shame lavender has fallen out of fashion... It smells good, is relaxing, antibacterial , a mite and bug repellant and a natural pick-me-up ( some say antidepressant). Why do we use harsh chemicals instead ?? Humans don't make sense most of the time

Agreed. Humans often do not make sense. :/

We don't use harsh chemicals to clean (except when we were dealing with RW that is Oy please let that not happen again :pray::pray::pray:). We use Dr Bronner's Castille soap mixed with water to clean and other various less harsh cleaning agents. Seems to work well.

I love lavender and didn't realize it was out of fashion lol. But I don't give a thought to what is in or out of style. I always just go with what I enjoy and like and prefer and I didn't even need to reach old age (though I have lol) to be this way. I always was.

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock

We don't use harsh chemicals to clean (except when we were dealing with RW that is Oy please let that not happen again :pray::pray::pray:). We use Dr Bronner's Castille soap mixed with water to clean and other various less harsh cleaning agents. Seems to work well.

I love lavender and didn't realize it was out of fashion lol. But I don't give a thought to what is in or out of style. I always just go with what I enjoy and like and prefer and I didn't even need to reach old age (though I have lol) to be this way. I always was.

Lavender out of fashion? I didn't realize that! I think of it as incredibly classic. We love using it with epsom salts in baths, or in essential oils during bedtime.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I seem to remember (and I could be totally wrong) a slew of femmy pseudo fougères that came out starting in 2016. I love the smell of lavedndar but can have issues with the real thing. I try to avoid when possible.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SOTD Le Labo Santal 33. Love this one. ❤️

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I finished a very vintage bottle of Fleurs de Rocaille :( I held off as long as I could. I will miss it. (I do have a more current bottle of course...its just not the same)

Today is a guerlain layer of Embruns Y-lang y-lang and Neroli Outre Noir. Makes sense that scents from this line would indeed go together.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your layering sounds divine!!!
I had a very old bottle of FdR...good stuff!!

princessandthepear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Did anyone read that IFRA will classifying jasmine, ylang ylang and opoponax as allergens? With the popularity of these scents it should be interesting to see in what direction the perfumers go in developing new scents.

Myshinybestlife

Shiny_Rock
20200108_064529.jpg
I wore this today, it was a bit to much for me the first 2 times, but with the cold weather and spraying just a little , I think I have found a new fav

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did anyone read that IFRA will classifying jasmine, ylang ylang and opoponax as allergens? With the popularity of these scents it should be interesting to see in what direction the perfumers go in developing new scents.

Interesting. I find I cannot tolerate (most?) many perfumes. I have trouble breathing and I also get rashes from many fragrances.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh No... I wish they could let perfumers get away with a strict information policy - listing all allergens clearly on the packaging. So people with allergies could more easily avoid their triggers, but everyone else could still enjoy their jasmine (or oakmoss, ylang-ylang, opoponax etc etc!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I am happy to be out of style. I love lavender.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooooooooops someone might be wearing a spray of FM "promise" . It's under heavy clothing, it's cold outside and I am a sahm, so not bothering anyone who can't get away from me (kids in school and Dh traveling).
Smelling me across the Atlantic, @canuk-gal , @missy , @Arcadian ??

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooooooooops someone might be wearing a spray of FM "promise" . It's under heavy clothing, it's cold outside and I am a sahm, so not bothering anyone who can't get away from me (kids in school and Dh traveling).
Smelling me across the Atlantic, @canuk-gal , @missy , @Arcadian ??

Hahaha well, one day I hope to be seeing and smelling you in person dear @kipari !!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am happy to be out of style. I love lavender.

You and me both girlfriend. Bring on the lavender. I take baths with it and spray it around my pillow every night. Oh I miss my lavender baths now that we are back in the city...it's a treat reserved for the beach house. Sigh.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results