carat
color
clarity

Fragrance of the Day Thread

daneshpastry

Shiny_Rock
Premium
HI:

Father Hubbard's cupboard is bare. Would like some suggestions for scents for Fathers Day. My DH loves Creed Royal Oud and many Tom Ford fragrances. He is flexible--I buy him what I like! (and also wear) lol

cheers--Sharon

What's your budget? If in the same price range as Creed and tf, maybe Sycomore by Chanel (woody Vetiver); Dior Leather Oud (as advertised); Hermes Cuir d'Ange (floral leather)....or something from the Malle line (Portrait of a Lady (patchouli rose)).

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What's your budget? If in the same price range as Creed and tf, maybe Sycomore by Chanel (woody Vetiver); Dior Leather Oud (as advertised); Hermes Cuir d'Ange (floral leather)....or something from the Malle line (Portrait of a Lady (patchouli rose)).

Thanks for the suggestions. Can't get Malle locally--and I am too lazy to go the sample route/online to try. So much new stuff out..I get overwhelmed when I see the options!

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Commes De Garcon Black Pepper...adding some spice to this rainy rainy Thursday and brightening things up a bit.
1229646u2ypdh0e8n.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today it's Keiko Mecheri Loukhoum Parfum du Soir, lovely!

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Taking a family member to an appointment with a pulmonologist today, so only wearing the slightest hint of Wood Sage & Sea Salt that will have been on for 6 hours by the time we get there. I like it, but IMO it can't really be called a perfume. Within 30 seconds, it hovers a whopping .5 mm above the skin, and leaves a trail a full mm long, that disappears in about 2 seconds. If I need a hit of it, I can inconspicuously glue my nose to my arm I'm sure. :rolleyes:;))

I'm thinking I shouldn't set anyone off. Of course, it also leaves me seriously un-whomped-up.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Taking a family member to an appointment with a pulmonologist today, so only wearing the slightest hint of Wood Sage & Sea Salt that will have been on for 6 hours by the time we get there. I like it, but IMO it can't really be called a perfume. Within 30 seconds, it hovers a whopping .5 mm above the skin, and leaves a trail a full mm long, that disappears in about 2 seconds. If I need a hit of it, I can inconspicuously glue my nose to my arm I'm sure. :rolleyes:;))

I'm thinking I shouldn't set anyone off. Of course, it also leaves me seriously un-whomped-up.

I like it but feel the same way, it's beyond fleeting.

daneshpastry

Shiny_Rock
Premium

It's funny - when Lutens started his line, many in the industry called his perfumes "bases - not real perfumes." I always took offense to this, but I have to say I feel the same way about companies like Jo Malone. They're not fully formed perfumes....they're ideas that haven't fully formed.

I think I'm just getting cranky as I grow older.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I started with Coromandel Nope nope and nope, could not handle it!:cry2: So wearing the remnants after a shower. I can still smell it a little. :shock:

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I started with Coromandel Nope nope and nope, could not handle it!:cry2: So wearing the remnants after a shower. I can still smell it a little. :shock:
Sorry you're still having a hard time! Healing vibes!

I've mostly been in wood sage and sea salt (although I think @ksinger is spot on with her description) and Hermès Myrrhe Eglantine , so nothing to report , really...
Today in Hermès cuir d'ange... mostly to switch things up a bit... nice leather for warmer temps. Getting a strong and very realistic band aid (sturdy, hospital strength, skin colour old school band aid) accord in the top notes, though. So I can't always handle it..
Today was fine.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One of my oldies but goodies today. Perfect cozy smell for an absolutely horrid weather day.
Molinard Vanille.

Ahhh it reminds me of cream soda with grown up vanilla fragrance. It is just straight deliciousness. They dont make this version anymore and I will be very sad when I have none left.

@Arcadian sending more good wishes and healing vibes your way.

daneshpastry

Shiny_Rock
Premium

Send to me pls ;-)

I've listed after this for so long - I just can't justify Chanel's prices anymore .

Does anyone remember a perfume called Smiley? It's supposed to contain some chemicals to improve your mood - it didn't last long on the shelves .I imagine the drug administration had some questions for their claims that they couldn't prove.

Anyway - besides the pseudo science, it's a nice fruity thing with some chocolate notes. Comes in a cool bottle too.

http://www.nstperfume.com/2006/03/30/smiley-i-profumi-di-firenze-fiori-del-cielo-new-fragrances/

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha! Only from my cold dead hands!!!:P2

I love it but right now its just too darn much. Its the rainy season right now and the additional humidity is not helping.

Tonight though I'm wearing Histiores de Parfums Tubereuse III. Lightly of course! But its such a great perfume and its raw/humid/grey/rainy (pants as @Lorelei would say:lol: ).

Its so funny, I bought the 4oz bottle and I'm scared of running out:shock:

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think Frangrantica allows you to search by notes, you can enter in as many notes as you want and it gives you a list of all perfumes with those notes.
I did not know I could do multiple notes - fantastic! Thank you!

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, today I haven't even gotten a shower. Just one of those where I'm moving sloooowly. I will I promise!!

However, yesterday, since I was all alone at home, I was pretty liberal with my vintage Aliage. I wore this quite a bit back in the day, so I can say that even though it is one of those with evil fluorocarbon propellent, I do think the top notes are kinda shot. It's still pretty awesome though, and every time I wear it I'm struck by just how unlike anything currently available it really is. (Or at least currently available outside of some very niche stuff that I'm not willing to mess with finding.) I do know that the Aliage currently available is a pale, thin version of that green moss-laden stuff of my youth.

Maybe one of you guys will chime in and tell me of others like that, which I read is a floral chypre. I really do prefer straight up florals so much that I often forget there are other things out there. But then, maybe I like chypres more than I think. I wore Halston a hundred years ago and Fragrantica classifies it as a floral chypre too.

I'll probably wear it again today, because it's cool and moisty out - not a common thing in Oklahoma in May. The mossy will go with that just fine, I'm thinking.

princessandthepear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Just a heads up, if you want more Lanvin Arpege, it is on clearance sale at FragranceNet.com.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just a heads up, if you want more Lanvin Arpege, it is on clearance sale at FragranceNet.com.

Thanks for the heads up! :) But I'm all stocked up at the moment. I've got 2 bottles of the perfume, and a couple of bottles of the EDT.

Right now I'm stocking up on vintage Aliage. Yes, I snagged another bottle. And yes, I'm wearing it today.

OK, y'all, help me out here - if I like Aliage, would I like a vintage Miss Dior, do you think?

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tonight wearing Aramis Calligraphy Rose. Contemplated wearing Calligraphy Saffron but its too humid for it. (great in the winter tho!)

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the heads up! :) But I'm all stocked up at the moment. I've got 2 bottles of the perfume, and a couple of bottles of the EDT.

Right now I'm stocking up on vintage Aliage. Yes, I snagged another bottle. And yes, I'm wearing it today.

OK, y'all, help me out here - if I like Aliage, would I like a vintage Miss Dior, do you think?

I have a small amount of Miss Dior which to me smells like a big ol blst of oakmoss and aldehydes. (so I went back and smelled it and hmmm maybe its off? ) . I don't remember the year of the decant.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi girls, sorry I haven't been sharing here. Cycling this week and I don't wear fragrance when I cycle. Just eau de missy which is quite enough :lol:
Anyway hope everyone is enjoying a fragrant and pleasant week.:wavey:

Just so I can contribute something- for those of you who enjoy Rose perfumes I took a photo of our roses.

roses.jpg

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah, beautiful! Thanks Missy! :)

Well, I snagged a vintage Miss Dior perfume. Wish me luck. It's a big old blind buy, since I've never smelled it. Yeah, that's me: Miss Devil-May-Care. ;-)

In the meantime though, I think Carnal Flower might be in the cards today. We'll see how my mood is after I've showered.

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
SOTD: Fracas

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My DH loves Oud Suede from The Art of Shaving (don’t laugh!). It’s an awesome scent that always gives me butterflies.

I recently bought him a similar scent - Peter Millar. Really manly and seductive. https://www.petermillar.com/products/MC0T10/Mens-Cologne

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a bunch of Louis Vuitton perfume samples (1-2 of each scent) from when I was trying to decide which I liked best. If anyone wants one let me know and I’d be happy to send them to you!

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lalique de Lalique edp pre reformulation (teal box). Only 30 ml left :(((

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lalique de Lalique edp pre reformulation (teal box). Only 30 ml left :(((

Hmm. Just looked that one up. Sounds like it might be something I'd like - I find I've liked various Sophia Grojsman perfumes over the years.

Today was Joy.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had to forego perfume today. :cry:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No perfume today either! I think I have a summer cold (how cruel is this???) lots of chest junk stuffy nose, wanna sleep (like a lot) + coughing a lot+ some pretty nasty aches and pains. All the rain we're getting isn't helping. Thank you Alberto. I'm at home alone, kinda thankfully. He took the dog and split (he has volunteer work he does for vets that is never cancelled)

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No perfume today either! I think I have a summer cold (how cruel is this???) lots of chest junk stuffy nose, wanna sleep (like a lot) + coughing a lot+ some pretty nasty aches and pains. All the rain we're getting isn't helping. Thank you Alberto. I'm at home alone, kinda thankfully. He took the dog and split (he has volunteer work he does for vets that is never cancelled)

And none today either. I'm at the Jonzen stage right about now:lol: But I had better not, considering I probably wouldn't even be able to smell it, and its NEVER good to spray perfume if you're sick anyway (bad juju)

daneshpastry

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hope everyone is doing well and feeling better.

Wearing Mauboussin today.

We moved over the weekend - the walls can't support my perfume cabinets :oops2: so I need to find something very shallow and slim that's free-standing.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results