clarity

Fragrance of the Day Thread

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Calliecake|1403453849|3698619 said:
canuk-gal|1403224717|3696916 said:
HI:

SOTD: Erolfa by Creed.

I bought this for my DH b/c it is one of the few scents I can tolerate on him. And me! I like the "fresh" spirit. I believe lime is at the outset, but can't really identify the dry down; it is herbal but not grassy nor dirt. There are times I like fresh and non sweet, and this is great!

cheers--Sharon

Canuk-Gal, Have you tried Pure White by Creed. I believe this one is only sold at Neiman Marcus. I love it but can't get past the online reviews calling it a fragrance for men. It is clean and fresh smelling. I just don't want anyone thinking I smell like a man. My husband thinks I'm was crazy. He likes it. I believe his comment was "yeah everyone will think you're a man. All 5'2" of you in your heels and dress"" Sorry for rambling, just wondered if you were familiar with this fragrance.

I love how many of you can describe scents. I'm totally oblivious to what anything smells like. I just know if I like something or not.

Calliecake, if you mean pure white cologne by creed, then I'm absolutely with you. I would definitely wear this as a women, it's perfectly unisex and perfect for summer. Go for it!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
rosetta|1403476290|3698825 said:
HI:

I bought this for my DH b/c it is one of the few scents I can tolerate on him. And me! I like the "fresh" spirit. I believe lime is at the outset, but can't really identify the dry down; it is herbal but not grassy nor dirt. There are times I like fresh and non sweet, and this is great!

cheers--Sharon

Canuk-Gal, Have you tried Pure White by Creed. I believe this one is only sold at Neiman Marcus. I love it but can't get past the online reviews calling it a fragrance for men. It is clean and fresh smelling. I just don't want anyone thinking I smell like a man. My husband thinks I'm was crazy. He likes it. I believe his comment was "yeah everyone will think you're a man. All 5'2" of you in your heels and dress"" Sorry for rambling, just wondered if you were familiar with this fragrance.

I love how many of you can describe scents. I'm totally oblivious to what anything smells like. I just know if I like something or not.

Calliecake, if you mean pure white cologne by creed, then I'm absolutely with you. I would definitely wear this as a women, it's perfectly unisex and perfect for summer. Go for it!

+2. I defy labelling--by gender--in fragrance...who is to say how you choose to smell and what appeals to you? Moreover, Oud is "traditionally" a "men's" fragrance but I like how it smells on me. Or rather, I like how it smells, period.

This is a desirable scent--rock it!

cheers--Sharon

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

cheers--Sharon

Thank you Rosetta! A man was buying this for himself at Neiman's which made me rethink the purchase. I went home and read the reviews and they all stated it was a men's fragrance. I took a sample and really like it. So glad you think it's fine for a woman to wear.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1403477328|3698835 said:
HI:

cheers--Sharon

+2. I defy labelling--by gender--in fragrance...who is to say how you choose to smell and what appeals to you? Moreover, Oud is "traditionally" a "men's" fragrance but I like how it smells on me. Or rather, I like how it smells, period.

cheers--Sharon

Thank you Canuk-Girl. I will probably get this one then I'll have to back away from the Creed counter. I'll have this one and Spring Flowers. I'm done for a few months!

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I am wearing Coco EDP by Chanel. Hubby is so sweet & generous to me! :love: I was browsing through the new Chanel boutique in Melbourne and testing a few perfumes. We moved on and did some other shopping, had lunch etc then I went back again and he said I could have anything I wanted... :naughty: :-o :naughty: So I've always loved warm, light spicy fragances and Coco seemed perfect on my skin. Gosh they are rather expensive though so no more perfumes for me for some years I suspect... :lol:

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
HI:

cheers--Sharon

cheers--Sharon

I agree. The funny thing is, whenever I wear a traditionally men's scent, I usually wind up getting a lot of compliments from women. I have a cologne called Azzaro Chrome, which basically smells like the epitome of a teenage boy's best efforts to impress a cute girl in class. Its soapy, a little metallic, and very strong and long-lasting. You wouldn't believe how many compliments I get on that one.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IndyLady|1402355610|3689732 said:
Today I'm wearing Pleasures by Estee Lauder, eau de parfum. Its a strong floral, heavy with jasmine, and fairly sweet. I like it. It reminds me of a more complex 'Lust' by Lush.

I could never have described it, IndyLady, but it was the only scent I wore for several years after I felt I had outgrown the Shalimar-type scents of my youth and had no spirit of adventure to go looking for anything new! (I have never smelled, "Lust".) I felt it was a "light" scent...not as "Oriental" and opium-den-like as the Shalimar and Moschino I wore as a teenager and young woman!

Deb
:wavey:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My best friend had a knee replacement done two weeks ago and is in a nursing home. I try to visit her every day. Yesterday she said I smelled good and we discussed colognes. She still wears the Shalimar we both loved in our youth, but also a scent (I believe she said it is also by Guerlain) called, "Candy". Does anyone here know it? I do not.

I was wearing my new scent, "Philosykos" by diptique, which is a fig scent. (It may or may not be the fig scent that someone wrote her husband said made him think of fields of freshly mowed grass when he smelled her.) At any rate, she asked me to bring the spray bottle in with me and I brought it when I visited today. I sprayed her pillow with it (actually I sprayed the air and then waved her pillow through it).
She loved it and the upshot of it all is that she now has my new bottle of Philosykos and I think I am going to buy myself another one!

How is it that reading Pricescope always ends up costing me money?

Deb/AGBF
:saint:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IndyLady|1403493969|3698966 said:
HI:

cheers--Sharon

cheers--Sharon

I agree. The funny thing is, whenever I wear a traditionally men's scent, I usually wind up getting a lot of compliments from women. I have a cologne called Azzaro Chrome, which basically smells like the epitome of a teenage boy's best efforts to impress a cute girl in class. Its soapy, a little metallic, and very strong and long-lasting. You wouldn't believe how many compliments I get on that one.

Not funny at all. Men's scents are appealing to women so if women wear them I can understand why we would enjoy smelling them on other women too! In college (in the 1980's) it was all the rage for women to wear men's fragrances and I don't think I owned any women's perfumes at that time. Just "masculine" or unisex fragrances. Nowadays I mainly wear women's perfumes though I have been know to borrow/share with my dh as I just love the way many of his colognes smell (especially on him).

I wish I could wear Creed fragrances but for some reason they all disappear on me almost immediately.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Canek-Gal, Rosetta, Indylady and Missy,

Thank you all so much for your comments. As i stated earlier in this thread I have had such a hard time with fragrances and severe headaches. For some reason I have had zero bad reactions to the Creed fragrances and I love how many of them smell on my skin. I was just having a hard time with the reviews saying it was for men. My only wish is the fragrance lasted longer. It would also be nice if the large bottle of Pure White was a little less expensive. Again, thank you for your kind comments!

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Calliecake|1403536523|3699179 said:

Thank you all so much for your comments. As i stated earlier in this thread I have had such a hard time with fragrances and severe headaches. For some reason I have had zero bad reactions to the Creed fragrances and I love how many of them smell on my skin. I was just having a hard time with the reviews saying it was for men. My only wish is the fragrance lasted longer. It would also be nice if the large bottle of Pure White was a little less expensive. Again, thank you for your kind comments!

It's a delightful summer fragrance. It is very expensive per ml in the smaller bottle!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rosetta,

You should have heard the thud of my head hitting the floor when I husband told me to purchase the large bottle. I was also amazed at how much more the Pure White was versus the Spring Flower.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Lorelei|1401560973|3683859 said:
dragonfly411|1401555357|3683810 said:
Lorelei!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so glad you started this lol!

Today I am wearing Caron Tabac Blond which Lorelei herself introduced me to. It is my go to scent when I want to feel attractive, confident, or when I just need something that I find comforting to relax in. Some scents tend to be too much or too heavy or get really rancid smelling in the heat of Florida, but not Tabac Blond. Mine is the Eau de Parfum and a little goes a long way.

It starts out with a strong tobacco smell mixed with scents of leather and a little vanilla. The vanilla gets a big stronger on me about midway through the day. The beginning of it makes me think of the seductive beauty of early women in movies. Marlene Dietrich and Heddy Lamar come to mind.
Towards the end of the day it becomes more floral on me, and I get to enjoy a nice relaxing evening with whiffs of light flowers.

It's my sexy perfume. I use it pretty sparingly since I'll probably never get another bottle lol, but it is nice to wear either when I'm going out, or on days when I may not feel my prettiest starting out.

DRAGI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was hoping to see you, how are you sweetheart???? I am so glad to see you and you are still enjoying Tabac Blond?? I am so glad! That was a few years ago now we were discussing that one, brings back such memories....I have a good stash of the parfum, I still have about half a bottle of the 200ml extrait I had back then plus some further supplies, it's a weird one but so beautiful....It is special and I find it's a real ' bossy boots' fragrance, I find it makes me feel more powerful and sometimes that's good when I need a boost in that direction.

Sending you hugs and to the horses too! xoxoxo

Just got back to this! I am good!!! How are you? We are expecting our first next month skeeep!!! Yes I am still enjoying Tabac Blond. I have a bottle in the dresser. It lasts so long in all ways lol!

Today I am actually wearing another Caron scent - Aimez Moi. It is very light, which I need today as it is hot and humid here and I am such a sweaty mess these days.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
AGBF|1403494436|3698971 said:
Today I'm wearing Pleasures by Estee Lauder, eau de parfum. Its a strong floral, heavy with jasmine, and fairly sweet. I like it. It reminds me of a more complex 'Lust' by Lush.

I could never have described it, IndyLady, but it was the only scent I wore for several years after I felt I had outgrown the Shalimar-type scents of my youth and had no spirit of adventure to go looking for anything new! (I have never smelled, "Lust".) I felt it was a "light" scent...not as "Oriental" and opium-den-like as the Shalimar and Moschino I wore as a teenager and young woman!

Deb

Shalimar as a teenager? If I only had such taste as a teenager! You are just fabulous. I believe I wore Clinique's Happy Heart as a teen. I loved it a lot, but it seems inappropriate now for some reason. Maybe I'll give it another try.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IndyLady|1403568634|3699561 said:
AGBF|1403494436|3698971 said:

Shalimar as a teenager? If I only had such taste as a teenager! You are just fabulous. I believe I wore Clinique's Happy Heart as a teen. I loved it a lot, but it seems inappropriate now for some reason. Maybe I'll give it another try.

I find it funny that you find it funny that I wore Shalimar as a teenager! My best friend, tonight, told me that "Candy" is not by Guerlain as Shalimar (our old favorite together) is, however. I think she said it is by Prada. I have never smelled it.

She also finds that the Philosykos eau de toilette I gave her doesn't last long enough although she loves the scent. She wants to try the eau de parfum (although she is keeping my bottle of the eau de toilette!!!).

Deb :wavey:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you all so much for your comments. As i stated earlier in this thread I have had such a hard time with fragrances and severe headaches. For some reason I have had zero bad reactions to the Creed fragrances

Perhaps it is due to the large degree of essential oils and less synthetic ingredients. Same (non reaction) for me.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IndyLady|1403493969|3698966 said:
The funny thing is, whenever I wear a traditionally men's scent, I usually wind up getting a lot of compliments from women. I have a cologne called Azzaro Chrome, which basically smells like the epitome of a teenage boy's best efforts to impress a cute girl in class. Its soapy, a little metallic, and very strong and long-lasting. You wouldn't believe how many compliments I get on that one.

Do you-does anyone-know the Geoffrey Beene scent Bowling Green? It is my favorite ever. I got my husband a million bottles of it when it looked as if it was going to be discontinued. I think that one can still scrounge some up somewhere. I cannot fathom why that scent was ever discontinued. I love it more than anything I have ever smelled. It is so absolutely fresh!!!

Deb/AGBF

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1403573063|3699621 said:

Thank you all so much for your comments. As i stated earlier in this thread I have had such a hard time with fragrances and severe headaches. For some reason I have had zero bad reactions to the Creed fragrances

Perhaps it is due to the large degree of essential oils and less synthetic ingredients. Same (non reaction) for me.

Canek-Girl,

The gentleman at the Creed counter made the same comment regarding synthetic ingredients causing headaches. It does make sense.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
So there used to be a big thread on perfume that I'd like to read back over. It was what got me started loving perfumes, before even the one I started in shopping. Any idea how I'd find it?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dragonfly411|1403630401|3700112 said:
So there used to be a big thread on perfume that I'd like to read back over. It was what got me started loving perfumes, before even the one I started in shopping. Any idea how I'd find it?

Is this the one, dragonfly?

Perfume Thread...[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/do-we-have-any-perfume-lovers-on-ps.185351/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/do-we-have-any-perfume-lovers-on-ps.185351/[/URL]
or maybe this one?
Other Perfume Thread...[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/perfume.119103/page-11']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/perfume.119103/page-11[/URL]

PS-Is this recent thread-which ended up in Hangout-the one you started in "Shopping" or is there yet another perfume thread out there somewhere!!!?

The Most Recent Hangout Thread on Perfume...[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/do-you-wear-perfume.199419/page-3']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/do-you-wear-perfume.199419/page-3[/URL]

Deb

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I feel like there was a discussion before these in which I actually discovered perfumes from Lorelei and a few others. It was before that second one you linked in which is one I started. It ignited me getting samples and looking for perfumes I loved and collecting them, and I can't seem to find it. :blackeye:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dragonfly411|1403634523|3700170 said:
I feel like there was a discussion before these in which I actually discovered perfumes from Lorelei and a few others. It was before that second one you linked in which is one I started. It ignited me getting samples and looking for perfumes I loved and collecting them, and I can't seem to find it. :blackeye:

Go to the ,"Search by Google" search engine on Pricescope and type in "Pricescope" and then a key word for your search. I used "perfume". You could try that and then search the results, knowing better than I did what you are looking for, or you may have a better key word than, "perfume". Let me know if you find your thread!

Hugs,
Deb

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Today is Black Orchid by Tom Ford. It was a little sample I fell in love with. I am so tempted to buy a whole e bottle! It had very nice sweet deep floral notes!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
AGBF|1403634975|3700173 said:
dragonfly411|1403634523|3700170 said:

Go to the ,"Search by Google" search engine on Pricescope and type in "Pricescope" and then a key word for your search. I used "perfume". You could try that and then search the results, knowing better than I did what you are looking for, or you may have a better key word than, "perfume". Let me know if you find your thread!

Hugs,
Deb

Tried with no luck. I'm hoping Lorelei might remember it.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Nope lol! That's the one I started.

I now have samples on the way of Mitsouko - which I read one of Jean Harlowe's husbands sprayed on himself before committing suicide. I have no idea why this makes it so intriguing to me.
Jo Malone White Jasmine and Mint - because in this last part of my pregnancy I've been obsessed with mint, menthol, camphor and eukalyptus so I think I'll enjoy the mint. Plus it's hot out.
Creed Royal Water - Again, because I want to try some cooling scents
And Christian Dior La Collection Couturier Parfumeur: Cuir Cannage - This was apparently made to replicate the smell of the inside of a leather bag with some florals. Just. Omg. Can't WAIT to smell this.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dragonfly411|1403662224|3700523 said:
Nope lol! That's the one I started.

I now have samples on the way of Mitsouko - which I read one of Jean Harlowe's husbands sprayed on himself before committing suicide. I have no idea why this makes it so intriguing to me.
Jo Malone White Jasmine and Mint - because in this last part of my pregnancy I've been obsessed with mint, menthol, camphor and eukalyptus so I think I'll enjoy the mint. Plus it's hot out.
Creed Royal Water - Again, because I want to try some cooling scents
And Christian Dior La Collection Couturier Parfumeur: Cuir Cannage - This was apparently made to replicate the smell of the inside of a leather bag with some florals. Just. Omg. Can't WAIT to smell this.

Crap! I'm not sure how else to search for it. But if I come across it, I'll be sure to post it here. Sorry! I tried! :wavey: :))

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
It's lost I'm afraid. Perhaps we can continue the notion here, or on a separate thread. I'd like to find scent recommendations. There was a time when I just loved testing out new scents and I had this ginormous list based on things I'd found on here and then on a couple of other sites that Lorelei had recommended at one time. I lost many of my samples when I moved to this house, and sold several bottles that I used once and never did again. So I am going to be slowly rebuilding my collection. I did chance across a small bottle of an Annick Goutal scent that was my favorite this past winter, and plan to hunt down a bigger bottle. I'll let you all know how I like the 4 samples on the way.

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
Today is Tauer Reverie au Jardin, which is lovely for summer. It's light and has a floral/herbal feel to it. Yesterday I tried Tauer Noontide Petals and after less than 5 minutes I was standing at the kitchen sink with a Brillo pad in my hand trying to scrub every trace of it off my wrists. The scent, on me, was like being trapped at the bottom of a cellophane bag with a mass of rotting wedding flowers. Ack.

Dragonfly411, if you like the softly scented leather idea Hermes Kelly Caleche is a lovely and approachable scent, as you can see from the number of people upthread that love it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results