Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Fragrance of the Day Thread

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Apr 28, 2008
Messages
5,539
Lust Vanillary, solid perfume. Its a sweet vanilla caramel scent that is noticeable but not overpowering. Its has a really cozy feel. I know its not a more 'traditional' scent (or too expensive for that matter) but its really lovely. I love their bath and body products, so every once in a while I'll pick up a little perfume on my way out. I love 'cookie' scents for candles, but not usually for fragrances--I wonder if I was just trying the wrong scents, though, after this one.
 

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jul 26, 2008
Messages
5,348
I just bought a new perfume and I adore it, been wearing it all day and it's so nice

Aqua Universalis Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian
 

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jan 30, 2008
Messages
5,057
FOTD - Wearing my old standby, Tresor. Tried, true, and not in anyone's face.

However, I've also been wearing the creme form of Library of Flowers' Willow and Water, a 3-note scent of (so say they) cut greens, flowering lotus, and watercress. It says it has 3 times the fragrance as their EDPs, and as noted, I find it very intense, almost too much, and yet...can't quite quit trying to figure out what exactly it is that I like about it. And I do. But a little goes a long way! Hands are quite enough! :)
 

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Apr 28, 2008
Messages
5,539
Caron Tabac Blond. It starts off strong with a deep, unsweet, floral scent. To me, the start is almost like a pure rose oil. Soon, though, the smokier notes take over. Its beautiful and interesting.
 

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jan 7, 2010
Messages
3,417
ckrickett|1402694115|3692626 said:
I just bought a new perfume and I adore it, been wearing it all day and it's so nice

Aqua Universalis Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian
I do appreciate this house. I wear APOM myself. Great choice!
 

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Apr 28, 2008
Messages
5,539
Guerlain--Jicky EDT. If you apply it too heavily, it smells just like aftershave at the start. Its wonderfully spicy, and smells a little masculine to me. I like it a lot.
 

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jul 26, 2008
Messages
5,348
rosetta|1402912384|3694038 said:
ckrickett|1402694115|3692626 said:
I just bought a new perfume and I adore it, been wearing it all day and it's so nice

Aqua Universalis Forte by Maison Francis Kurkdjian
I do appreciate this house. I wear APOM myself. Great choice!
when I bought it I was torn between those two! I decided on the forte.

Have you tried Oud Cashmere Mood by him, it is outstanding! I'll probably buy a bottle or two of that closer to the fall.
 

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jul 26, 2008
Messages
5,348
Today is Wish by Lollia

It's a very light sweet fragrance
 

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Apr 28, 2008
Messages
5,539
Lancome Tresor. It doesn't last at all on me though.
 

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Apr 19, 2004
Messages
19,466
ckrickett|1402971619|3694669 said:
Today is Wish by Lollia

It's a very light sweet fragrance

Their bubble bath product is divine---have you tried it? Makes the house smell heavenly....

cheers--Sharon
 

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jan 7, 2010
Messages
3,417
I'm going to bed with a spray of Un jardin sur de nil by hermes. Imagine a lazily spinning ceiling fan, open wooden shutters and a canopy bed, crickets chirping outside on a moonlit night. Well that's what I'm imagining anyway. Night all!
 

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Apr 19, 2004
Messages
19,466
rosetta|1403048200|3695319 said:
I'm going to bed with a spray of Un jardin sur de nil by hermes. Imagine a lazily spinning ceiling fan, open wooden shutters and a canopy bed, crickets chirping outside on a moonlit night. Well that's what I'm imagining anyway. Night all!

This is a goodie. Sleep well!
 

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Oct 21, 2004
Messages
2,870
canuk-gal|1403048745|3695329 said:
rosetta|1403048200|3695319 said:
I'm going to bed with a spray of Un jardin sur de nil by hermes. Imagine a lazily spinning ceiling fan, open wooden shutters and a canopy bed, crickets chirping outside on a moonlit night. Well that's what I'm imagining anyway. Night all!

This is a goodie. Sleep well!
A goodie for sure, Sharon. I don't think I will ever sleep well again unless I have a spray of this! Love the visual, perhaps I will sleep well on that alone. Thanks rosetta!
 

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jul 26, 2008
Messages
5,348
canuk-gal|1403047582|3695304 said:
ckrickett|1402971619|3694669 said:
Today is Wish by Lollia

It's a very light sweet fragrance

Their bubble bath product is divine---have you tried it? Makes the house smell heavenly....

cheers--Sharon
I have not but I will now! I am a HUGE fan of lollia I have like 5 different scents of theirs!
 

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jul 26, 2008
Messages
5,348
Today was a rare day for me. One of my favorite scents that WAS DISCONTINUED BY LA'OCCITANE! (CURSE THEM! Discontinuing my favorites!). But I decided to wear it today.

it is their honey water scent and it was The best! So light and sweet. Every time I wear it everyone asks what it is. They haven't made it in at least 7 years and there has been no hope of me finding more, so I am quite frugal with it. But I decided to wear it today... so nice.
 

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Apr 28, 2008
Messages
5,539
Chanel No. 5 EDT. I received it as a gift a family friend; I've had the bottle for years but can't seem to run out.
 

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Apr 28, 2008
Messages
5,539
Guerlain Samsara EDT--powdery, floral, strong on the sandalwood, a little excessive, but very lovely. I find the scent to be a little masculine.
 

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jul 26, 2008
Messages
5,348
On a whim I got a little scent stick from Lush called Lust. It is very heavy on the Jasmine, and I like it a lot. It is what I am wearing today.
 

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Apr 19, 2004
Messages
19,466
HI:

SOTD: Erolfa by Creed.

I bought this for my DH b/c it is one of the few scents I can tolerate on him. And me! I like the "fresh" spirit. I believe lime is at the outset, but can't really identify the dry down; it is herbal but not grassy nor dirt. There are times I like fresh and non sweet, and this is great!

cheers--Sharon
 

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Apr 28, 2008
Messages
5,539
ckrickett|1403207656|3696715 said:
On a whim I got a little scent stick from Lush called Lust. It is very heavy on the Jasmine, and I like it a lot. It is what I am wearing today.
I love Lust! I always get compliments on it; I usually wear it when I'm going out in a particular LBD with red lipstick. I think you can wear it whenever, but something about the name, the jasmine, and the bright red of the stick always makes me reach for it when I'm going out bar hopping.
 

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Apr 28, 2008
Messages
5,539
Today I wore a Victoria's Secret body spray my one of my best friends left behind after visiting me, called Victoria's Secret Forbidden Vanilla. The scent is that of a completely over-the-top, sexy vanilla cupcake. I love it. Part of it is because it smells like my best friend; some part of it is because the smell of a sweet vanilla is just comforting to me. It doesn't have much of a dry-down or change in tone, which is so interesting and a little nice too. You get just what you've put on.
 

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jun 8, 2008
Messages
26,634
Favorite summer vanilla perfume is Hermessence Vetiver Tonka. Favorite winter vanilla is Tihota. Vetiver Tonka is light and beautiful and mellow and sophisticated. Like a gentle warm breeze that floats in the most delicious way. I have been wearing this Hermes perfume almost every day lately.

Diptyque Eau Duelle is nice too. It's a bit spicy but still clean and fresh.

One of the best things about winter IMO is that I can start wearing my very favorite perfume Tihota. I miss it because it's just not a good summer perfume. Best in the cooler weather. If you love vanilla and haven't tried it my recommendation would be to purchase a sample at LuckyScent and see what you think. I have never smelled any perfume so heavenly so amazing as Tihota. And I am so glad it is back in production!
http://www.luckyscent.com/product/37401/tihota-by-indult
 

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jan 7, 2010
Messages
3,417
missy|1403433509|3698500 said:
Favorite summer vanilla perfume is Hermessence Vetiver Tonka. Favorite winter vanilla is Tihota. Vetiver Tonka is light and beautiful and mellow and sophisticated. Like a gentle warm breeze that floats in the most delicious way. I have been wearing this Hermes perfume almost every day lately.

Diptyque Eau Duelle is nice too. It's a bit spicy but still clean and fresh.

One of the best things about winter IMO is that I can start wearing my very favorite perfume Tihota. I miss it because it's just not a good summer perfume. Best in the cooler weather. If you love vanilla and haven't tried it my recommendation would be to purchase a sample at LuckyScent and see what you think. I have never smelled any perfume so heavenly so amazing as Tihota. And I am so glad it is back in production!
http://www.luckyscent.com/product/37401/tihota-by-indult
Hot dignity dog! Tihota is back?? I've been wanting to try this for aaaaages. I'm out of the country for a while, but will be sure to order a sample on my return. Thanks missy!
 

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jun 8, 2008
Messages
26,634
rosetta|1403434635|3698505 said:
missy|1403433509|3698500 said:
Favorite summer vanilla perfume is Hermessence Vetiver Tonka. Favorite winter vanilla is Tihota. Vetiver Tonka is light and beautiful and mellow and sophisticated. Like a gentle warm breeze that floats in the most delicious way. I have been wearing this Hermes perfume almost every day lately.

Diptyque Eau Duelle is nice too. It's a bit spicy but still clean and fresh.

One of the best things about winter IMO is that I can start wearing my very favorite perfume Tihota. I miss it because it's just not a good summer perfume. Best in the cooler weather. If you love vanilla and haven't tried it my recommendation would be to purchase a sample at LuckyScent and see what you think. I have never smelled any perfume so heavenly so amazing as Tihota. And I am so glad it is back in production!
http://www.luckyscent.com/product/37401/tihota-by-indult
Hot dignity dog! Tihota is back?? I've been wanting to try this for aaaaages. I'm out of the country for a while, but will be sure to order a sample on my return. Thanks missy!
You're very welcome rosetta! I hope you love it as much as I do!
 

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jun 7, 2014
Messages
6,674
canuk-gal|1403224717|3696916 said:
HI:

SOTD: Erolfa by Creed.

I bought this for my DH b/c it is one of the few scents I can tolerate on him. And me! I like the "fresh" spirit. I believe lime is at the outset, but can't really identify the dry down; it is herbal but not grassy nor dirt. There are times I like fresh and non sweet, and this is great!

cheers--Sharon

Canuk-Gal, Have you tried Pure White by Creed. I believe this one is only sold at Neiman Marcus. I love it but can't get past the online reviews calling it a fragrance for men. It is clean and fresh smelling. I just don't want anyone thinking I smell like a man. My husband thinks I'm was crazy. He likes it. I believe his comment was "yeah everyone will think you're a man. All 5'2" of you in your heels and dress"" Sorry for rambling, just wondered if you were familiar with this fragrance.

I love how many of you can describe scents. I'm totally oblivious to what anything smells like. I just know if I like something or not.
 

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Apr 28, 2008
Messages
5,539
Today I'm wearing my mother's Lancome Tresor Midnight Rose EDP. Its super sweet, with lots of rose. After a few days of very sweet scents, I think its time for me to try something different.
 

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jul 26, 2008
Messages
5,348
IndyLady|1403420848|3698462 said:
ckrickett|1403207656|3696715 said:
On a whim I got a little scent stick from Lush called Lust. It is very heavy on the Jasmine, and I like it a lot. It is what I am wearing today.
I love Lust! I always get compliments on it; I usually wear it when I'm going out in a particular LBD with red lipstick. I think you can wear it whenever, but something about the name, the jasmine, and the bright red of the stick always makes me reach for it when I'm going out bar hopping.
They have a body powder called lustre that uses their lust scent. It is DIVINE! I also bought a shower gel by them called "Flying Fox" Not as spicy as lust but very close! I love Lush!
 

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jul 26, 2008
Messages
5,348
Today is my usual, I wasn't feeling to adventurous in the smell department so I went with Bvlgari's Rose Essentielle. It has such a wonderful scent of rose, I ADORE it.

It is my absolute favorite ever. In my mind there are only 2 houses who make impeccable perfumes pretty consistently - Creed, and Bvlgari. But by far Bvlgari fragrances are my favorite. I am fast becoming a fan of Maison Francis Kurkdjian though.
 
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!

JEWELRY BLOG

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor



Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.
Top