shape
carat
color
clarity

fquestion on flouresence debeers diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ed diamond

Rough_Rock
i am considering purchasing a debeers millenium diamond it is an H, VS1, 1.58 ct, vg symmetry and polish, 56% table and 61.8% depth. the gia report does not have the crown and pavilion angles. The stone does look very lively. my question is the stone has strong blue flouresence. is this a detriment? i have read both opinions. doesn't appear to look bad and i wouldn't think that debeers would want to it's first branded diamonds to be poor quality. opinions pls. i'm probably overpaying. it's $13,500.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi Ed,My best advice would be to compare it to diamonds that have none or faint flourescence then ask yourself ... is this ok? Usually when people are shopping diamonds by paper and they see "strong" flourescence it turns them off. I think they're generally making a rash decision because there are people who do like flourescence in diamonds ... especially in ones that are H, I & J (and lower colors). I've put up a page explicitly on the subject that you may find practical. This is the link here ... http://www.goodoldgold.com/fluorescence.htm Note my bottom line comments at the end of the page and use this advice to your advantage.Peace,
Rhino------------------
To see and learn the most critical information you can before the purchase visit "The Ultimate Diamond Information Site" at www.goodoldgold.com

ed diamond

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the info and the site link. it was very informative.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results