shape
carat
color
clarity

Found it! (Tell me if I'm wrong!)

dmd4ever

Shiny_Rock
Hopefully everyone isn't getting sick of me yet, but this has been a crazy journey. Aside from my drama in seeking a refund on my star diamond, I've been looking at so many stones, and have gotten lots of good input here on the many diamonds I've posted, but now I believe the search is over. Everything else seemed like I was compromising something, so eventually I just decided to compromise on the budget! I want this to be perfect, especially after all the negativity surrounding my refund situation.

Anyway, please let me know if you disagree, but I can't find anything not to love: http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamond/diamond-detail/?product_id=AGS-1040399230006

It looks very white to me, sparkles like crazy, has the Brian Gavin name/policies behind it, and I don't know how it got an SI1 because I stared at it for quite some time under 10x maginfication and couldn't see a single issue. I viewed it at an appraiser's office and she said she had troube spotting the cloud even under the microsope. Input welcome!!!

2.008 carat
8.07 x 8.09 x 5.00 mm
AGS 000
G
SI1
Flourescence: Negligible
Table: 56%
Depth: 61.9%
Crown: 34.7
Pavilion: 40.8
Girdle Thin to Medium

OCgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I have a G SI1 stone (much smaller than 2.00 carat though haha) from Brian Gavin. It looks super white to me. The cut is AMAZING.

Initially seeing the cloud on the report worries me but if you and your appraiser are okay with it, then I say WHY NOT?

Mind I ask what happened to the BGD blue H SI1 stone you bought a while ago? How does that compare to the G SI1 stone you are considering now?

mrb09

Rough_Rock
that stone is right is my wheelhouse. well done, and congrats. from the cert and site, it looks stellar.

dmd4ever

Shiny_Rock
OCgirl|1309389052|2958427 said:
I have a G SI1 stone (much smaller than 2.00 carat though haha) from Brian Gavin. It looks super white to me. The cut is AMAZING.

Initially seeing the cloud on the report worries me but if you and your appraiser are okay with it, then I say WHY NOT?

Mind I ask what happened to the BGD blue H SI1 stone you bought a while ago? How does that compare to the G SI1 stone you are considering now?

It's going back to Brian and I'm sure it will be listed again soon. I liked that one a lot, but the color bothered me. I'm not sure if it was just a "low" H or what, but it just seemed too yellow for my taste. I looked at them side by side, and the color difference was really striking. Also, at just the right angle in just the right light I could see the small white inclusion in the table of the BGD Blue. Finally, while I know that the Blue's are also held to very high standards of cut, I could swear that the signature stone was just a little more enticing... Maybe a bit more crisp?

I would have gladly considered another BGD Blue, but he really didn't have anything in this size with better color except in the signature line and this stone just blew me away :) Brian and Jamie have been very helpful throughout the process and even worked with me a bit on price as I initiated the switch before the most recent price increase. Quite the opposite of my experiences in another thread ;-)

OCgirl

Brilliant_Rock
dmd4ever|1309389509|2958438 said:
OCgirl|1309389052|2958427 said:

It's going back to Brian and I'm sure it will be listed again soon. I liked that one a lot, but the color bothered me. I'm not sure if it was just a "low" H or what, but it just seemed too yellow for my taste. I looked at them side by side, and the color difference was really striking. Also, at just the right angle in just the right light I could see the small white inclusion in the table of the BGD Blue. Finally, while I know that the Blue's are also held to very high standards of cut, I could swear that the signature stone was just a little more enticing... Maybe a bit more crisp?

I would have gladly considered another BGD Blue, but he really didn't have anything in this size with better color except in the signature line and this stone just blew me away :) Brian and Jamie have been very helpful throughout the process and even worked with me a bit on price as I initiated the switch before the most recent price increase. Quite the opposite of my experiences in another thread ;-)

Yea I have an ideal cut H color stone from De Beers and I can see the color difference between my BGD G and the H. That really surprises me too because I thought one color shouldn't make that big of a difference.

I have a BGD blue but now you got me wonder how awesome the H&A signature stones are... :errrr:

Yea the thing with the blue line is the carats and choices are so limited. I prefer F/G colors too and I rarely see anything in that color range........ :roll:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats - on a gorgeous new stone and a good experience :appl:

Hope you find the colour on this one more to your tastes!!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It does look very nice, but honestly I would be a little worried about that big cloud on the plot.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
love the G SI1 combo.. :appl:

dmd4ever

Shiny_Rock
Laila619|1309390588|2958463 said:
It does look very nice, but honestly I would be a little worried about that big cloud on the plot.

That was initially my concern as well. Could someone please elaborate on the risks of a cloud in the center of the stone like this? Can it interfere with light performance somehow? This is essentially the only inclusion and I simply could not see it when I viewed the diamond in person.

OCgirl

Brilliant_Rock
dmd4ever|1309391919|2958481 said:

That was initially my concern as well. Could someone please elaborate on the risks of a cloud in the center of the stone like this? Can it interfere with light performance somehow? This is essentially the only inclusion and I simply could not see it when I viewed the diamond in person.

I am not an expert but it just so happened I came across this post earlier today. This guy was bought a 3 ct G SI1 cushion with the inclusion being a cloud in the center of the stone. When he first saw the diamond he didn't spot anything. But after it was mounted, he saw a cluster of black cloud-like element in his stone?

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/need-an-expert-opinion-on-this-3ct-cushion-cut-diamond.158686/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/need-an-expert-opinion-on-this-3ct-cushion-cut-diamond.158686/[/URL]

I know it's a long post but it's another :(sad story...

dmd4ever

Shiny_Rock
OCgirl|1309392197|2958486 said:
dmd4ever|1309391919|2958481 said:

I am not an expert but it just so happened I came across this post earlier today. This guy was bought a 3 ct G SI1 cushion with the inclusion being a cloud in the center of the stone. When he first saw the diamond he didn't spot anything. But after it was mounted, he saw a cluster of black cloud-like element in his stone?

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/need-an-expert-opinion-on-this-3ct-cushion-cut-diamond.158686/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/need-an-expert-opinion-on-this-3ct-cushion-cut-diamond.158686/[/URL]

I know it's a long post but it's another :(sad story...

Thanks, OCgirl. Reading through that thread, and based on the pictures he posted, this stone definitely does not have any dark inclusions visible to the naked eye. Also, my cloud is quite spread out (not sure if that's good or bad) based on the plot. My local appraiser is definitely not affiliated with BGD in any way and she went on and on about how she couldn't believe this diamond didn't get a higher clarity grade and that she had trouble even finding it. My concern is whether this could affect the performance of the stone in any way?

wreckem

Rough_Rock
I have a BGD G SI1, albeit much much smaller. It too has a giant cloud, but on the side and not in the center. It too, is hard to spot under magnification because while it is large, it is not dense. Yours probably isn't dense either. Dense clouds can apparently effect optics and could potentially show if they are black pinpoints. Since you have seen the diamond you should be able to see if the light performance is compromised. I doubt it is and I don't think BGD would steer you wrong.

Mine isn't compromised and is one sparkly little fireball.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
sometimes clouds can affect light performance but if it is a BGD signature stone I believe these are chosen to not have any bad effects. since your appraiser said it was fine I think it is fine :) you could also ask BGD about any negative effects from the cloud.

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
I agree I don't think that BGD will steer you wrong. While a cloud may or may not affect performance, it sounds like you've had a good long look at the stone with an appraiser and everything checked out, and BGD lists it as eye clean. I think it looks amazing. IF for some reason once the stone was set and you were unhappy, BGD has an excellent return policy. IMO I think your going to fine. The diamond looks great, and I'm so happy for you. You have such an amazing attitude! :appl:

dmd4ever

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, everyone. I did talk with Brian about it before they shipped it to my appraiser and he assured me that it did not affect the performance of the stone and that it would not be an inclusion I had to worry about. I only ask here because someone raised the point about the big cloud and I've seen other people raise concerns about clouds, particularly in the center of the table. Based on what I know so far, though, I love it!

wreckem

Rough_Rock
Large dense clouds = bad. I don't think a diamond with a large dense cloud would make the cut for a BGD signature stone.

TristanC

Brilliant_Rock
I believe if BGD gave you the nod and told you to rest easy, you've seen the stone IRL and under magnification and it looks fine, your appraiser saw it and can't believe it didn't rate higher and thinks it isn't a problem... the conclusion is, it is probably a money saving cloud.

If you have never seen it in real life, you could still be doubtful, but if your eyes only see beauty and the professional appraiser's eyes too, then I think you have a winner.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks like an outstanding choice to me! :appl: :appl: :appl:

lbling

Rough_Rock
One that is a beautiful diamond. Two if an appraiser cannot notice a cloud even under a microscope and have personally viewed the diamond and are extremely happy with it, go for it! Given the situation you are having with Luxe, if this transaction makes you feel comfortable and reassured I would go for it! I can't wait to see that beauty in a ring! You're future fiance is one lucky lady!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, looks like you've found a REAL WINNER. Congrats!! :)) :appl: I'm sure yr GF will be more than thrilled!!

Also, my 2 cents on BGD diamonds: Since I own both their Sign H&A line and a "blue", I can honestly say that optics wise, their Sign line on a scale of 1-10, scores an 11 for me, whilst the "blues" (or at least mine) score a full 10. Even their 'blues" are superior in performance than other "ideal" cut diamonds (ie. those with an HCA of less than 2 and "approved" as ideals by independent appraisers). As for clarity, Brian is very fussy with this too, I know. My Si2 is so clean (and not just eye-clean) I have trouble locating the inclusions even with a loupe. And when I compare my BGD "blue" Si1 with other GIA-certed Si1, the "blue" Si1 just blew the others right out of the water!!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad to hear some good news for you.
It looks beautiful.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results