shape
carat
color
clarity

For those that have asked about this...

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Hello PSers! I recall a few times people asking about this beautiful shape/cut from Brian Gavin and it’s back:

diamondhoarder

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hello PSers! I recall a few times people asking about this beautiful shape/cut from Brian Gavin and it’s back:

Nice find! I have one of these (it was a one-off that came from B2C rather than Brian Gavin) and they are really stunning diamonds. Its great to see that there is now a reliable source for them in various specs. Prior to this, finding them has been quite hit and miss.

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for posting, that’s a cool stone. I actually don’t like H&A rounds but the vibe is totally different in a clipped square cut.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am really tempted by the new flock of Quadex diamonds ... I love the look!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just bought a .40 J blue to see it. Y’all know I love square diamonds. Now I’m thinking of making side stones for my emerald, but they don’t have another one that size in the blue line.

anyway. I didn’t have it set. @marymm , what did you buy?

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

ruffrock

Rough_Rock
Beautiful cut. Wheels turning on what shaped colored stones and colorless diamonds they will go with.....:D

diamondhoarder

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Bluenile also has these. They are branded as ASTOR Ideal in their radiant section. Maybe this increased availability will be the beginning of a new trend in ideal radiants. I'm kind of hoping so. I would love to see more of these in SMTB on PS =)2

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@diamondhoarder I checked the Astor ones out and I found they were more expensive than the BG ones. (Seemed so anyway).

I LOVE mine.. absolutely adore it. Now, I had no business buying another diamond lol. I have projects to work on AFTER we finish replenishing our savings from the beach town residential lot we purchased.

Now, what to do with this diamond? I’m thinking of maybe getting 2 more and making a 3 stone down pendant, or I’m toying with the idea of getting another and making them side stones for my asscher cut emerald Inken sourced for me.

My next two projects include: upgrading my HPD solitaire and setting the emerald.

Here are a few pics— sorry I don’t have more, but I am super busy right now.

B7D0C148-F65A-4C0D-A826-FE6E64844FE5.jpeg

8C52AA34-D409-47A2-BBDC-E38E215AF537.jpeg

89ED8A4A-6F8B-4075-81F0-3F29477DCD15.jpeg

it’s a .408 Brian Gavin Blue J vs2. I guess it’s a cut cornered radiant?

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
I just traded in my 0.80 K BGD studs for these little guys

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Congrats, @Jax172 how do you like
Them in comparison to the rounds? I know someone that is considering getting one.

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats, @Jax172 how do you like
Them in comparison to the rounds? I know someone that is considering getting one.

I don’t have them yet, I had to wait about a month for AGS to verify my trade in stones so the actual purchase just went through yesterday. I will definitely post pictures and thoughts when I get them. I love my round diamonds but I have so many other pairs of round studs that I thought these might be an interesting option.

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
@whitewave, I bought these two Quadex diamonds - https://www.briangavindiamonds.com/0.31-f-vs2-signature-quadex-cags-104113354029 - and - https://www.briangavindiamonds.com/0.308-f-vvs1-signature-quadex-cags-104113701002 - I am thinking to use them as a side stones for one of my CS gemstones. I'll update here with my impressions after I receive them late next week.

Looking forward to hearing what you think about your Quadex Blue!

You must have returned these because I just bought the same stones. Why didn’t you like them?

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Jax172 - I thought these two Quadex diamonds were *beautiful* and so well matched! I bought them as side-stones for a specific colored gemstone that I ended up returning, and as I had no other real need for the Quadex pair I reluctantly returned them.

I look forward to seeing what you do with your new Quadex diamonds --- care to share your plans?

FWIW I was definitely impressed with the Quadex cut and later this summer I hope to pick up a single sub-carat Quadex to use in a moi et toi ring.

Heathcat24

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I don’t have them yet, I had to wait about a month for AGS to verify my trade in stones so the actual purchase just went through yesterday. I will definitely post pictures and thoughts when I get them. I love my round diamonds but I have so many other pairs of round studs that I thought these might be an interesting option.

How are you getting these beauties set??? I can't wait to see ear shots!

I am currently "in waiting" for a little Quadex sliding bezel pendant with this stone.

It was completely an impulse purchase back in June, but I just had to have one!

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock

I am currently "in waiting" for a little Quadex sliding bezel pendant with this stone.

Yes! Just simple stud settings. Is BGD doing the setting on your stone?

Heathcat24

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Yes! Just simple stud settings. Is BGD doing the setting on your stone?

Yes! The first attempt made it look like a cushion, and I really envisioned the cut-corners being well-defined. They were beyond great, offered to remake it, and even sent me CADs! I am on pins and needles to see it in real life!

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
Yes! The first attempt made it look like a cushion, and I really envisioned the cut-corners being well-defined. They were beyond great, offered to remake it, and even sent me CADs! I am on pins and needles to see it in real life!

So you mind if I ask how much the setting was? I’m considering buying another one for a pendant and deciding if it’s worth having them make the setting or sending to Daniel M

Heathcat24

Shiny_Rock
Premium
So you mind if I ask how much the setting was? I’m considering buying another one for a pendant and deciding if it’s worth having them make the setting or sending to Daniel M

I originally ordered the Barbara in platinum. (I think it was a little over $700???) Jamie (who has just been AMAZING through this process!) mentioned, though, that my Quadex setting might be new in their catalog when they finish it, so you might want to ask them before you order anything!

josieKat

Shiny_Rock

Ooh, I can't wait to see this necklace. I'm hoping to get the same thing in a similar size and would love to see one! I was also going to ask about them doing the Barbara for the Quadex.

Heathcat24

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Ooh, I can't wait to see this necklace. I'm hoping to get the same thing in a similar size and would love to see one! I was also going to ask about them doing the Barbara for the Quadex.

Thank you so much! I am soooo excited! This is my first bezeled anything! Lol!

I have a round K ACA pendant about the same size as the Quadex, so I am really looking forward to comparing the two!

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock

Do you have the CAD you can post?

Heathcat24

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I just love it! It is EXACTLY what I had in my head when I saw first saw the Quadex!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results