shape
carat
color
clarity

For fun: What''s your favorite colored stone?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
If you could collect only one type of stone for the rest of your life, what would you choose? And if you want to go further, what type within that stone do you like best (ex. tsavs, or rhodolite garnets, etc.)

I think I would be really torn, but it would come down to garnets or tourmalines. Right now leaning towards garnets!

1.gif

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
This is easy for me Corundum: This would include sapphires and rubies. There is plenty in that family to keep me happy for a very long time. I have a short list of major purchases I want to make in my life time, and I think pretty much all the stones are from the family.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Spinel. (I think everyone knows this though!)

2nd would be topaz. All of them. Even the nuked ones...

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Although I love tourmaline, I would have to go with green diamonds (natural of course) in various shades of blue-green, yellow-green, grey-green, etc. . .

paeony

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Moonstones.. I''ve gone through phases with other stones, but I always come back to moonstones
1.gif

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Ooh, that''s a toughy but I''d have to say Chrysoberyls, with garnets running a close second.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/16/2009 2:31:04 PM
Author: LtlFirecracker
This is easy for me Corundum: This would include sapphires and rubies. There is plenty in that family to keep me happy for a very long time. I have a short list of major purchases I want to make in my life time, and I think pretty much all the stones are from the family.

You get so many colors in the corundum family too!

LTL, I think I know this but I''m a little hazy right now, but what is the stone in your avatar? It''s lovely!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/16/2009 2:36:50 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Spinel. (I think everyone knows this though!)

2nd would be topaz. All of them. Even the nuked ones...

I had a feeling...
1.gif

I blame you for my current spinel obsession
2.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/16/2009 2:37:14 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Although I love tourmaline, I would have to go with green diamonds (natural of course) in various shades of blue-green, yellow-green, grey-green, etc. . .

I would totally have said tourmaline for you! (I wonder why...)
3.gif

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Emerald

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/16/2009 2:52:17 PM
Author: paeony
Moonstones.. I''ve gone through phases with other stones, but I always come back to moonstones
1.gif

Moonstones are so pretty - so mysterious and lovely!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/16/2009 3:07:37 PM
Author: Kismet
Ooh, that''s a toughy but I''d have to say Chrysoberyls, with garnets running a close second.

Pretty! Do you have any chrysoberyls now? Pictures?
1.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/16/2009 3:13:36 PM
Author: Pyramid
Emerald

One of my first loves
1.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sapphires, every color under the rainbow.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
If I had an unlimited budget, corundum (kashmir saphires, rubies, pads, pink saphires - too many beauties!)

At my current budget, tourmalines: nice sparkle, all colours and hardy enough to be worn. If I ever win the lottery, I would be able to indulge in cuprians: blue, green, purple...

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Garnets - regardless of budget. You could spend a lifetime studying and collecting them.

At the moment I think Mali Garnets are my favourites - but I love all of them.

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
I have a tie - Garnet and Spinel

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
The Padparadscha Sapphire. I know, I am very boring. HA!!!!!!!!!!!!
runawaysad.gif

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Corundum. [White diamonds are not colored stones
9.gif
11.gif
].

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/16/2009 3:11:40 PM
Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl
Date: 2/16/2009 2:31:04 PM

Author: LtlFirecracker

You get so many colors in the corundum family too!

LTL, I think I know this but I''m a little hazy right now, but what is the stone in your avatar? It''s lovely!

A tsavorite that I have. One of the things on my list of things to do is change my aviator to my sapphire. Just because I have had that one up forever.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/16/2009 3:51:16 PM
Author: Linda W
runawaysad.gif

Not at all. Padparadschas seem to come in various combinations of orange and pink (the NSC website shows this), and they''re so beautiful that I can easily see having a giant collection of them.
31.gif

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Probably spinel, and garnet and after those two I''d say sapphire. I don''t think I could pick one. I love that they are pretty durable and come in a variety of colors.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/16/2009 3:14:32 PM
Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl
Date: 2/16/2009 3:07:37 PM

Author: Kismet

Pretty! Do you have any chrysoberyls now? Pictures?
1.gif
The chrysoberyls are the trillon in the center (which just got set into a pendant that I''ll be picking up today) and the right hand stone in the upper left box. I have a 3rd one as well but I haven''t been able to get a good picture of it. Under fluorescent lights it looks like a tsavorite. Under incandescent light or in sunlight it looks pretty olive.

kiz-collection.jpg

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
My choice would have to be garnets. I thought garnets only came in maroon colors. After PS, I realized that was not true. They come in so many color choices! I am absolutely in love with Malayas right now like Coati''s and Tourmaline_Lover''s. I also just learned about Tanga''s, and they are gorgeous! Really nice reddish/pinkish/purple color.

Garnets also are the most diamond-like that I''ve seen in gemstones. I love their high refractive index!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/16/2009 3:51:16 PM
Author: Linda W
runawaysad.gif

No you are not. That is one of the most complex colors I know. I am sure you could get a good amount of them, and they would all be so different from one another.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Garnet. I''d love an andradite.

RNgemlover

Shiny_Rock
Obviously my favorite colored stone is Alexandrite lol! Ruby is second. This does not count natural fancy diamonds, as they are in a league of their own.

prettyastheycome.jpg

RNgemlover

Shiny_Rock
But... green diamonds are quite nice lol!

radiantnaturalfancygreengia.jpg

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Struggling to make a decision here so ......................

Anything well cut with a vibrant, highly saturated colour.

No. Wait.

Anything that colour changes.

Errr, no. Hang on a minute.

Indecisiveness is a quality and means that I have to keep buying to make up my mind about this question!
31.gif

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Sapphires...all colors.....and Spinels....all colors......
30.gif

Lori

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results