shape
carat
color
clarity

for brushed or satin finish gold is there a big difference between 14k and 18k?

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I was wondering this because in shiny gold I find that the 18k does have that richer more buttery look. I wondered if even in satin or brushed gold, it would look richer in 18k? I haven't seen a side by side comparison in this style? What say you? Was thinking of something in that style and didn't know whether to pay the extra dollars on 18k or not.

HS4S_2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I feel like it doesn't look as rich in 18k satin finish. The shiny gold looks richer to my eye.

Lakefront

Shiny_Rock
I just googled gold karats. Look around Etsy and you’ll find brushed/satin rings of various gold karats in a stack to compare.
It looks like the deeper buttery color translates in polish polished and brushed.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I feel like it doesn't look as rich in 18k satin finish. The shiny gold looks richer to my eye.

No what I mean is if you have brushed 14 karat and brushed 18 karat can you see a difference?

HS4S_2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
No what I mean is if you have brushed 14 karat and brushed 18 karat can you see a difference?

Ahh. OK. This I am not sure about :).

sunandsky

Shiny_Rock
Yes - the underlying color difference is still visible. You can google examples also but I have both.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results