shape
carat
color
clarity

Flanders, Radiant, HOF Dream, Regents, OH MY!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

godiva

Rough_Rock
Pretty....

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
More plagiarism! ... same source

And the official presentation.

QOHo.JPG

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
AAHHH yes!! the QOHs are really beautiful!
9.gif

I want one of those and another Radiant and some more RBs, I need more hands!
naughty.gif

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
I just went to see some radiants and I am convinced that you can find one with the brilliance and scintillation of a HOF stone for less...I saw a G that truly outsparkled an F stone. Only thing is that these were the differences:

Carat: 2.0
H VVS1
polish: G
Sym: G
D: 67.9%
T: 75%
6.89x6.89x4.99
Girdle: med-tk
Price: $12,604

Carat 2.02
F VS1
Polish: VG
Sym: G
D: 78.5
T: 70
6.83x6.74x5.29
girdle: sl tk-tk
and this stone had a Med Blue flor.
Price: $13,917

Strangely enough these were both cut differently. The top H stone was cut in a chunky style, whereas the F stone was in a concentric triangular cuts. Why are these Radiants cut so differently, and which cut is "proper"? Any help please?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 1/23/2004 5:06:03 PM Nicrez wrote:

Strangely enough these were both cut differently. The top H stone was cut in a chunky style, whereas the F stone was in a concentric triangular cuts. Why are these Radiants cut so differently, and which cut is 'proper'? Any help please?----------------

The "radiant" is a rather generic name. The cut model is not consistent: there are all sorts of "radiants" and each cutter has it's own receipe. So what you have seen is very mainstream. Onlt the cut of rounds is so standardized, the other s are not... These different models have no name of their own and no survey has been done, to my knowledge, of how these modifications affect light return (or brilliance or whatever optical effect). Each stone will have to be evaluated individualy for it's performance... this is the only wat to tell them apart aside your own hunch, of course.

The Radiant did start as a trademark cut and there still is a "true radiant" brand of Henry Grossbard's company. Only the name has been so diluted. Not sure if the brand is worth more than any other rads out there. These are not cut for any guaranteed opticla performance, even thought the type of cut was initially developed for this purpose.

PS: of your two choices I like the first (the specs, really, no idea of the look) - because of the perfect square outline and more decent depth. H-VVS is not a combination made in haven though, that VVS is not doing much for the look and the color could be better for the money.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results