shape
carat
color
clarity

Flame by MWM

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks KD!

I have to stress that this is not my setting though, although it probably came about as as a by-product of my wedding set design.

I am so glad everything is coming together - we had a bit of a hiccuph with regards to where I envisioned the surprise stones to be, and the entire project was almost derailed, but Mark came through like the consummate master craftsman he is and came up with a beauty. After seeing the 6 prong version of my crown, I''m *almost* wishing I had gone for 6 prongs!

Mine will have the heart prongs on all the prongs on the 10 pointers too. I keep telling myself I have waited so long and another few weeks won''t matter, BUT!!!!!! I want it NOW!!!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m actually glad that yours will have 4 prongs instead of 6! I always love to see MORE diamond rather than less!

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/12/2007 3:16:31 AM
Author: KristyDarling
I always love to see MORE diamond rather than less!

YES!! That is exactly why i went with 4 prongs - I was afraid the 6 prong version will look too chunky cos it covers more of the diamond. I was also worried abt 4 prongs being less secure, but fellow pscopers convinced me it''ll be fine. There''s always insurance I guess!

Did you end up making a decision on how to deal with the chip in your beautiful rock?

tanuki

Shiny_Rock
That is so graceful. I love the trellis-y way the prongs overlap each other. Pure genius.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
My entire staff have been very impressed with the MWM rings we have seen over the past few years. No one in our area makes a product of this level of finish and durability. They are tops in quality, without any question. One must keep in mind that MWM creations are built to last a lifetime or more. A lot of what passes for well made won't last 20 years, but may be more delicate in design simply because less metal is being used in the first place.

The old pieces from the early 1900's that still enjoy popularity among those looking for estate engagement rings seem very beautiful and extraordinarily delicate. You must know that these pieces were much heavier when they were brand new than as they appear to be today since a lot of metal has been worn away over the years. If one were to make new items so delicately, the mountings would not last a lifetime. They began life heavier, but many years ago.

If a person or a couple want a lifetime ring, the MWM and those of this sort, are the way to go. If you are less sure about what design is right, then a less costly, probably less durable ring choice which costs less might be better for you. A new mounting makes a super 5 year anniversay gift. Guys never know what to buy, especially after they have been in training for 5 years. Point a good man in the right direction and let him get you a super mounting when you know exactly what design is the "right" one for you.

Every time we open a package with one of these superb rings in it, we anticipate the surprise of the quality. We find it amazing how well constructed a fine piece can really be. We especially love the heart shaped prong tips that certain models use fro MWM.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
dave, thanks for that report on Mark Morrell. it would be hard for me to commit to a custom peice from someone when i couldn''t see examples first hand. your comments would be very reassuring to me if I wanted a MWM ring.

love that flame setting too
30.gif

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you Dave for the comments on MWM rings - I knew that his work is superb, but it is great having an expert chime in and confirm it. Without Pricescope I would never have found MWM.

Your comment that ''MWM creations are built to last a lifetime or more'' hits the spot - The set he is making for me will be my ''forever'' wedding set - this is it for me, no more upgrading! (HAHA famous last words
12.gif
).

mrssalvo have u picked a new setting yet?

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Jade is that Button in your avatar? He is precious. I could just kiss his whole face.

BTW, I updated my smoking in that other thread. (psst, I''m still doing good)
2.gif

shay

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Yes it is Button! He is such a smiley boy and loves doing this -
25.gif

I am so happy you are doing well - remember we are here for u if u feel like u''re gonna pick up a smoke!

xoxo

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/12/2007 7:48:53 PM
Author: JadeLeaves
Yes it is Button! He is such a smiley boy and loves doing this -
25.gif

I am so happy you are doing well - remember we are here for u if u feel like u''re gonna pick up a smoke!

xoxo
You guys are just about the best family a girl could have.

shay

:)

Brilliant_Rock
Those pics are GORGEOUS - are you the one he mentions on his main page that gave him the inspiration?
9.gif
BTW, your baby is adorable!

:)

Brilliant_Rock

This statement "However, as it usually goes, I was working out a new crown solution for a client and, while I worked on her incredible wedding set, an idea came to mind for a crown that would accept some little diamonds at it''s waist line. These images are of the new style simply called "Flame" for the time being. This mounting, as shown will carry a round center stone of 6.5 mm to about 7mm in diameter. This ring will be available with 6 small diamonds at 0.01 ct. each (one pointers) for a total small diamond weight of .06ct. in the crown. There is also a model without the small diamonds."

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/12/2007 8:13:10 PM
Author: :)
Those pics are GORGEOUS - are you the one he mentions on his main page that gave him the inspiration?
9.gif

Hmm you will have to ask Mark that
3.gif
. All I did was sent him pictures of aspects his rings and others that I like and he designed the ring. He was already in the process of designing a new crown to go with the heart prongs on the melee stones though, so I can''t take credit for the inspiration, however, I did specifically said I would like surprise stones incorporated on the crown, but only if it melds with the fluidity of his designs.

I think Button is getting a big head from all the nice compliments he is getting from PS abt how adorable he is! Thank u all!

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
*thumpthumpthumpthumpthump*

That is my heart going a million miles a minute after seeing pics of my new wedding set!

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 1/12/2007 8:13:10 PM
Author: :)
9.gif
I have seen it before too - somewhere on Pricescope I think?

Congrat''s on your cute babe JL
30.gif

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/17/2007 6:20:33 AM
Author: Garry H (Cut Nut)

30.gif

Thanks Garry!

What have u seen before?
33.gif
Pics of Button or pics of the ring?

You''ll get to see both Button and my new wedding set in person because I''ll like PM to do the appraisal for my new set too (if that''s ok with u)!

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 1/17/2007 7:23:49 AM
Author: JadeLeaves

Date: 1/17/2007 6:20:33 AM
Author: Garry H (Cut Nut)

30.gif

Thanks Garry!

What have u seen before?
33.gif
Pics of Button or pics of the ring?

You''ll get to see both Button and my new wedding set in person because I''ll like PM to do the appraisal for my new set too (if that''s ok with u)!
The ring JL - and sure - looking forward to seeing it.
But I am sure I saw that design before in the last few months

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Hmm I don''t recall seeing the Flame design on PS, unless you''re talking about a similar one by someone else because Mark Morrell only just developed this ring recently.

In any case, I love it, and if I am in the mkt for a solitaire setting, this would so be it for me
31.gif
but I am in
30.gif
with the blingy set Mark made for me so hopefully no more changes to my wedding set for me!!

If you''re talking abt my new set, yes he has made a full eternity band with heart prongs before and it has been posted here. I loved it and asked him to incorporate that in my set.

brenn4423

Shiny_Rock
The flame now will take up to 7.5mm stones (approximately 1.6cts). Also, I talked to Mark on the phone and he indicated that he also has it designed for a 9mm stone (approximately 3cts)
36.gif

blingergrrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/11/2007 5:34:19 PM
Author: Shay37
Lockes who?
31.gif
That'll teach them to discontinue a setting like that. MWM will do it one better.

shay
Just for fun, I'm posting a pic with the Flame and Lockes setting with an approx 1 ct stone....Gosh they are both so pretty! The second ring (the Lockes) is Sunkist's...I hope she doesn't mind that I posted it...It's a very pretty ring! I put them both together because I can't decide which I like better!!

flame_vs_lockes_in_approx_1ct.jpg

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Blingergrrrl I really appreciate the visual.

If I ever get a RB D/IF with SB Fluor that''s my setting. The flame. Of course I''d need to win the lottery first. LOL

Really though the setting is very fluid looking. Hope some PSers get it. And show it off.
9.gif

blingergrrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/22/2007 11:32:41 AM
Author: Stone Hunter
Thanks Blingergrrrl I really appreciate the visual.

If I ever get a RB D/IF with SB Fluor that''s my setting. The flame. Of course I''d need to win the lottery first. LOL

Really though the setting is very fluid looking. Hope some PSers get it. And show it off.
9.gif
And one is!! ottawaexpat1 wrote this :

Date: 2/22/2007 10:07:10 AM
Author: ottawaexpat1
Hi blingergirl, I have in fact just ordered this very setting! My diamond is approx. 1.28 carats, and I''d be happy to post some pics once I get this beauty in my anxious little hands. I''m anticipating another 1.5-2 weeks before I get it. I''m planning to wear it with a 1/2 eternity band, so I''ll let you know how it fits with the flame.

at this link:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/any-pics-of-mark-morrells-flame-ring-puhlease.58314/

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results