shape
carat
color
clarity

Five stone for standalone wedding ring

kalomeli

Shiny_Rock
Dear ladies and gentlemen of Pricescope,

It's finally time! After four years of engagement (getting our Master's studies done, finding jobs, panicking because I'm not a girly girl who has always dreamed of her wedding :lol: , etc.) we're eloping and heading for honeymoon next spring.

It's wedding ring shopping time! :naughty:

I live an active lifestyle and figured that a five stone ring is probably blingyness (is that even a word?) and budget-wise the best option. We're aggressively saving to buy a place of our own so we're on a budget (about 3000e). I wear a size 8.5 since I have manhands that tend to swell when it's warm and I also like my rings loose. Due cultural reasons my engagement ring is a plain 2 mm platinum band and I may consider buying another band to wear when I want a more substantial look but mostly this ring is going to be a standalone ring.

I've looked through pretty much all of PS five stone ring threads or, um, the pics at least and I think that Yssies present to her mom is perfection. https://www.pricescope.com/communit...mum-a-pressie-a-2-25ct-oec-five-stone.173503/. :love: So maybe something inspired by that...

Any comments, warnings, things to be considered about this plan? Also vendor advice would be valuable. Thank you in advance! :wavey:

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
Oh, my goodness, yes, I love this idea! I have a 5 stone band (got for my 5 year anniversary) that I regularly stack with my plain 2mm wedding band and other stackers, and I get more compliments on the 5 stone than any of my other jewelry, hands down. Mine is about 1.10 ctw on a size 5.5 finger, so I think larger stones would be in good proportion with your finger size.

No real advice except to maybe try on different styles, if you can, and decide on your favorite setting that way. I thought I'd reset my OECs into a trellis setting, but I now love the vintage setting too much to change it. Brian Gavin has one of my favorite trellis settings, and Whiteflash also makes very lovely 5 stone rings like the Yssie example you posted. Other options would be Good Old Gold or ID Jewelry (both carry the Vatche 5 stone setting that a lot of PSers have).

Can't wait to see what you decide on! :cheeky:

rubybeth_stack_5_stone.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was also thinking of the one Mayk just posted, but I doubt it would work because of the size difference. It probably needs to be closer to your size.

Have you seen the gorgeous one Victor Canera made for m-2-b? It was absolutely gorgeous! She ended up selling hers because she upgraded to a much larger right hand ring. But I loved everything about hers. I love Yssie's mom's ring, too, and certainly both WF and Victor have superior quality diamonds to go in the settings.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-victor-canera-graduated-5-stone-ring.177310/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-victor-canera-graduated-5-stone-ring.177310/[/URL]

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
Mayk|1443049650|3931032 said:

OP's budget is 3,000 Euro, so I think this ring is out of budget. It would be lovely, though!

Edited to add: OP, how do you feel about a vintage band? http://www.jewelsbygrace.com/rings/vintage-antique/1-00tcw-antique-5-stone-old-european-cut-diamond-band-by-birks#.VgP9T9JVhHw

kalomeli

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone for your answers! The BGD band is gorgeous but unfortunately out of our (slightly flexible) budget. :blackeye:

Rubybeth, I think your advice on trying on different styles is great. I'd love to be able to see the sideview of the diamonds but other than that I'm open to different solutions. I'll probably head to local jewelry stores to get some ideas on what I like on myself.

Also contacting some vendors to get an idea on what we can get on our budget is probably a good idea. I'm not an expert on diamond buying (already figured that out yet, eh? :lol:) but this is not my first time either so I don't feel as lost as I might. I love this forum because I get to ask dumb questions and get smart answers!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kalomeli|1443117525|3931359 said:
Thanks everyone for your answers! The BGD band is gorgeous but unfortunately out of our (slightly flexible) budget. :blackeye:

Rubybeth, I think your advice on trying on different styles is great. I'd love to be able to see the sideview of the diamonds but other than that I'm open to different solutions. I'll probably head to local jewelry stores to get some ideas on what I like on myself.

Also contacting some vendors to get an idea on what we can get on our budget is probably a good idea. I'm not an expert on diamond buying (already figured that out yet, eh? :lol:) but this is not my first time either so I don't feel as lost as I might. I love this forum because I get to ask dumb questions and get smart answers!

That is very expensive and likely due to the color and cut of the stones. My 5stone (which I wear with plain gold bands as my set) was a fraction of that as it isn't a branded cut and are ks

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results