shape
carat
color
clarity

Five Stone Diamond and Ruby Ring 4.6tcw

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Many of you may have seen the very sad post from a few months back where I mentioned that I had lost one of my earrings from BGD. BGD 3.41tcw studs Once I lost the earrings they were replaced with new studs from JA which have been happily been in my ears and which I hope to never have to replace. The question remained what to do with the remaining stud. I briefly considered selling the stone. I was stopped by sentimental value, the earrings had been a purchase of a milestone in my career and I realized that I did not truly want to let the reminder go.
0_BGD_341tcw_studs_02.jpg

The good folks who are on the PS boards on a regular basis will have realized by now my extreme fondness for rings. I wear a 6.10ct sapphire with 1.5tcw trillion side stones on my left hand nearly daily.
img_7605.jpg
With football season having been so enjoyable this year I decided what I really needed was something with my school colors that was fabulous and simple enough to be worn in that spot. I decided to take my available stone and make it into a crimson and white ring. ***As a side note I hope that I am not the only one who was able to enjoy Alabama’s opening against Wisconsin. Though I did feel bad for Wisconsin player Caputo who tried to line up in the Alabama backfield. I am even more excited about our upcoming game against MSU, and fingers crossed Clemson. :pray: ***

I choose to work with vendors that I have worked with before and whose quality was known to me. Marc Sarosi fromAfrica Gems is always super quick to respond and a true gentlemen. His promptness is coupled nicely with detailed and thoughtful responses and I trust him to make sure that the stone being sent out is one I will be happy with.
V from Sin City Treasure is a real doll. I have purchased a little yellow gold and diamond bangle from her and a few little things for a friend of mine. She is replies to enquires quickly and writes a little thank you note with each purchase. This is my first custom piece I have commissioned from Sin City Treasures. I have seen their bench’s work before. A friend of mine who posts on pricescope as Virginia has a great custom e-ring. Having seen this ring in person I knew the quality and the detail her bench puts into things.

Marc from Africa Gems was really great about helping me choose the perfect rubies for my ring. I told him what I was looking for and the size of the center stone and he was kind enough to help me narrow it down to two pairs and then sent me videos of both. I told him I was struggling to decide which pair I wanted and he sent me a second set of videos to help me see them in a more natural lighting. This attention to detail and determination to get things right is why I keep going back to Marc again and again for colored stones.

Once I saw the rubies next to my diamond I went back and forth over the decision about a three stone vs a five stone. After much contemplation I decided was that the three stone, while lovely and classic came a little to close to looking like an engagement ring. (As a single girl I could not have that!) I decided to go with a simple five stone similar to a sapphire and diamond ring BGD made for me a few ears ago.

Two days after receiving my stones V pulled a few options to choose from for the perimeter diamond sidestones. The dreaded analysis paralysis struck again and so I let V and her bench make the final decision. My primary concern was that all five stones be visible when my fingers were pressed together. I do a lot of work with my fingers tight together around small tools and stones that large which are prong set can sometimes be quite uncomfortable between my fingers.
Insert pictures of five stones together loose.

So now for the things which y’all are truly interested in details about the ring!
Ring Manufacturer: Sin City Treasures (link)
Center Stone: BGD Blue 1.71 7.69x7.72 mm H/SI 1

Ruby Side Stones: Africa Gems 6mm each 2.11 tcw
Diamond Side Stones: Sin City Treasures 4.6mm G/SI1 .78tcw
Metal: Platinum
Ring Size: 6
Ring Design: Low Set Five Stone Trellis with a rounded comfort ring shank

img_10153.jpg

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The center stone (BGD) and rubies from Africa Gems

img_10154.jpg

img_10155.jpg

img_10157.jpg

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The main three stones loose on my hand.

ETA: I have not the slightest idea as to why all the photos I have been posting today are coming out sideways.

img_10158.jpg

img_10159.jpg

img_10160.jpg

img_10161.jpg

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
All five stones together loose, this picture was taken by the owner of Sin City Tresures

img_10162.jpg

img_10163.jpg

img_10164.jpg

img_10165.jpg

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
CADS Round One:

trellis2.jpg

trellis3.jpg

_35669.jpg

trellis4.jpg

aac2013

Shiny_Rock
This is going to be FABUUUUULOUS!!! I can't wait to see it. :appl:

lioness

Brilliant_Rock
I am dying to see this ring. It's going to be breathtaking!!!

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Looks good so far. Can't wait to see the completed product.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looking good!!! I am looking forward to see this ring :love:

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
aac2013|1450583249|3963720 said:
This is going to be FABUUUUULOUS!!! I can't wait to see it. :appl:

Thank you so much! I am practicing my patience, I want to see it done so badly!

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1450598005|3963767 said:
Looking good!!! I am looking forward to see this ring :love:
Me too!

thecat|1450587470|3963741 said:
Looks good so far. Can't wait to see the completed product.
Thank you cat!

lioness|1450586112|3963736 said:
I am dying to see this ring. It's going to be breathtaking!!!

I will pass that on to the folks at SCT, I am in total agreement!

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Pictures from the video Africa Gems to help me ensure I was making the right choice.

Face On

Side View

Rear View

screen_shot_2015-12-20_at_1.png

screen_shot_2015-12-20_at_0.png

screen_shot_2015-12-20_at_2.png

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Round Two CADs from SCT, only very minor adjustments.

Angled View

Profile View

Side View

rnids8m8.png

gllum9ac.png

ing9tchv.png

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This last CAD raises the stones very very slightly, just enough so they do not poke into my fingers. One of the most important factors for me is that the stones are as low set as possible. Low set stones allow for greater wearability in my line of work. I change gloves many times a day and it is important that rings not catch on things.So SCT raised the stones just a tiny bit to make sure that they would not be perpetually dirty and still low enough that I may actually wear the ring as a right hand ring regularly.

I have just approved the CAD and SCT is going to get back to me soon about when I can expect the ring.

Final CAD From SCT (Yes they really do have a wicked fast turn around time)

final_cad_sct.png

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can hardly wait to see the finished product, cokitty! :naughty:

LateBloomer28

Rough_Rock
This is going to be gorgeous ( :love: those rubies!) - can't WAIT to see the finished ring!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I find this color combination so attractive, rubies, diamonds and yellow gold...please tell me you are going with yellow gold?
I might have missed that detail...going to be beautiful!!!

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Your new ring is going to be fabulous! :appl: I can't wait to see the finished project! Thanks for sharing the process! :wavey:

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
LateBloomer28|1450674764|3964143 said:
This is going to be gorgeous ( :love: those rubies!) - can't WAIT to see the finished ring!!
Thank you! Marc from AG always finds just the ring thing for me!
derbygal|1450644378|3963952 said:
I can hardly wait to see the finished product, cokitty! :naughty:
You are me both derby gal!

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
tyty333|1450709454|3964219 said:
I find this color combination so attractive, rubies, diamonds and yellow gold...please tell me you are going with yellow gold?
I might have missed that detail...going to be beautiful!!!

The only gold item I wear regularly is a Rose Gold Faberge Egg(my avatar), and I hoping this will be a RHR that I wear regularly so I am having it done in platinum.

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Citymouse-Countrymouse|1450730526|3964431 said:
Wow! How exciting! I like your sapphire ring too.
Thank you City/Countrymouse. (Cute username!) I like my sapphire ring too! It is from BGD!

Rockinruby|1450720147|3964331 said:
Your new ring is going to be fabulous! :appl: I can't wait to see the finished project! Thanks for sharing the process! :wavey:
RockinRuby, thank you! I always enjoy reading about other peoples experiences and it has often helped me determine which vendors I would like to work with....and those I might wish to avoid.

_35723.jpg

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Rendering from SCT of the approved CAD, they have also reached out to me to let me know that the ring should be completed on January 2nd, and to me the next day!

5bg9ipcbtzl-mqjdpfg6sjxtqpkcmbeqf-ek0awx3mc.jpg

cinnamonstick

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! What a great write up with so many wonderful pics! Your rings!! All of them! I couldn't pic my fav!

Your 5 stone CAD looks stunning! It was interesting to read the steps and slight changes. It is really fascinating how there are so many 5 stone rings out there, yet each one is unique in its own way. :)

Keep us posted! January 3rd! Good luck! Post pics :)

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
It really is amazing, and V is equally amazing. :) Any future husband of yours is going to have to blow your mind with an engagement ring.

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
cinnamonstick|1450749693|3964573 said:
Wow! What a great write up with so many wonderful pics! Your rings!! All of them! I couldn't pic my fav!

Your 5 stone CAD looks stunning! It was interesting to read the steps and slight changes. It is really fascinating how there are so many 5 stone rings out there, yet each one is unique in its own way. :)

Keep us posted! January 3rd! Good luck! Post pics :)

Thank you! I am really excited and trying to act like a child a week before Christmas!

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
ame|1450802755|3964821 said:
It really is amazing, and V is equally amazing. :) Any future husband of yours is going to have to blow your mind with an engagement ring.

Thank you Ame, I will send your compliments on to the folks at SCT. As for a future husband....cross that bridge when I get there.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cokitty, can't wait to see this!!!

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1451152300|3966448 said:
Cokitty, can't wait to see this!!!

I am right there with you! 6 days to go and I am DYING! :errrr:

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! You have a beautiful collection.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results