shape
carat
color
clarity

Five Stone Bezeled Ring from DanielM Jewelry

mimB

Shiny_Rock
Yesterday received the Five Stone Bezeled Ring that I custom ordered from Dan & Caren of DanielM Jewelry on Etsy. It's got some tiny imperfections that you might see in close up shots, but it is magnificent and purrfect!
At least, I love it, and it's exactly what I wanted.

Specifications:
> Gemstones
-- Center Stone: Tsavorite from Bruce Bridges (you can read about my tsavorite acquisition process here), cushion, 5mmx6mm
-- Inner Side Stones: Sapphires from Yvonne Raley of CecileRaleyDesigns on Etsy, off-round, ~3.3mm
-- Outer Side Stones: Rhodolites from Yvonne Raley of CecileRaleyDesigns on Etsy, round, 4mm
> Metal
-- Bezels: rose gold
-- Shank & Bridge: Argentium Silver
> Size: 10

Here's my thread on the design process for the ring and working with Dan & Caren.

Photos to follow right up!

mimB

Shiny_Rock
The following 4 photos are the courtesy of my partner and his nice camera and fancy tri-pod. :)

06_24_13-img_0357.jpg

06_24_13-img_0359.jpg

06_24_13-img_0364.jpg

06_24_13-img_0377.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful colour combo which I never expected to see work together and the ring looks fabulous on you. :appl:

SB621

Ideal_Rock
The color of that tsav is by far swoon worthy!!!!!! It is just stunning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW! I love it!! They do fantastic work, I agree! I think the RG w argentium combo was genius - really makes the gems pop and I love the colour palette you chose!

Enjoy!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the colors!!! It looks like a fun ring to wear!

Efriede

Shiny_Rock
Fabulous!! :love: PS is a dangerous dangerous place.. :Up_to_something:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty pretty ring! Looks wonderful to me!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
That is lovely! What a great color combination and the bezels look great!

hippi_pixi

Brilliant_Rock
i was worried how this would turn out when i saw your earlier thread but it looks fabulous! well done. the tsav color is excellent on you and the 2 tone metal works really well

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I *love* the colors and how it looks on your hand. Surely, there will be more photos?

mimB

Shiny_Rock
Thank you gals for your words! I admit I'm pretty glad that my color machinations had such a nice real life outcome :)

There shall most certainly be more photos :razz: However, PS hates me right now, and errors out every time I try to upload anything :/ Will be trying again in a couple of hours.

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I think it's time for another try at uploading those pics... :naughty:

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the pic wit your eye! Pretty!

kiwiflea

Rough_Rock
Love this ring - the colour combination and design are very unique! Beautiful :))

Groucho

Rough_Rock
Gorgeous ring! Love the combination of colors and cuts. Well done --- enjoy it.

IE_Princess

Shiny_Rock
It's beautiful - it manages to be fresh and classic at the same time! Wear it in good health!

mimB

Shiny_Rock
So it seems I can circumvent this "Network too busy" and "No server response" error that I get on Chrome by uploading photos via Firefox - and only one at a time.

Thank you all for your kind words! I'm definitely falling more in love with the ring as time passes, and am feeling very grateful to the vendors who made it possible by providing the awesome stones and setting. :) It's definitely a pretty joy - I had a stressful day yesterday with a late lunch, and at one point, feeling miserable, angry and hungry, looked at the ring and felt like "well the universe hates me today, but at least you're pretty!".

:razz:

_7583.jpg

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
mimB|1372348119|3473197 said:
I had a stressful day yesterday with a late lunch, and at one point, feeling miserable, angry and hungry, looked at the ring and felt like "well the universe hates me today, but at least you're pretty!"

hehehe, I've had similar moments :bigsmile:

Yay for more pics!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous colors! The rose gold is a beautiful touch!

mimB

Shiny_Rock
Seems like am finally ably to load more pics. They're all still from the first day, and I was a mad prop queen and took photos with anything I could think of.

_7671.jpg

final006.jpg

final009.jpg

final010.jpg

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
I know I said this on your other thread already, but I really love this ring! The combination of colors is so mysterious and luxurious. Excellent job!

mimB

Shiny_Rock
MOar...

_7675.jpg

_7676.jpg

mimB

Shiny_Rock
And more...

final019.jpg

final023.jpg

mimB

Shiny_Rock
Almost there...

final025.jpg

final027.jpg

mimB

Shiny_Rock
...and final ones, in incandescent light. Phew for my internet not flaking out on me too much today. :)

I've noticed a curious property of this ring: let's say there's a top and bottom side to the stone line; when I wear the top facing to me, I can't really notice the bezel errors. When I wear it with the bottom facing me, a lot of the errors become rather pronounced. Which is just, super curious.
I'll try to take photos to show what I mean.
All in all, the ring is an epic joy. However, it makes me wonder whether even bezels for uneven stones are a possibility - because it seems like Dan's skill in bezels is pretty solid in most of his work.

final030.jpg

final031.jpg

alice87

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful ring! It did turned out great! Good job!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
mimB|1372563948|3474609 said:
I've noticed a curious property of this ring: let's say there's a top and bottom side to the stone line; when I wear the top facing to me, I can't really notice the bezel errors. When I wear it with the bottom facing me, a lot of the errors become rather pronounced. Which is just, super curious.

I have yet to see a ring where I don't consider it to have a top or bottom. My sapphire is native-cut and prong-set, yet there if I wear it "upside-down" the cut looks wonkier than if I wear it "right side up." Heck, even my husband claims his wedding band has a right-side-up and upside-down. I guess an ideal cut MRB in a plain solitaire might not have a right side up, but I don't have one of those.

I do think it's possible to have perfect bezels on imperfect stones, but requires skill that is rare and a larger investment of time.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring, and beautiful ring wearer!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful design. You have a lovely ring and the colors look terrific together.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results