shape
carat
color
clarity

Five Reasons Illegal Immigration Will Destroy America

siv1

Shiny_Rock
I know this is a few years old, but still find it relevant today.

The Obama Administration, no doubt in a bid to bolster Democratic voter numbers 5 to 10 years down the road, has declared the flood gates open.  House Speaker and Grand Champion RINO John Boehner has vowed publicly that the House will pass “5 to 7 immigration bills this summer”.  Is that right, Mr. Speaker?  Boehner is living proof that the terms ‘conservative’ and ‘Republican’ are not synonymous.
I see five major reasons to fully secure our borders right now and stop to whatever degree possible the influx of even one more person illegally entering this country:
1.  We cannot possibly find employment for every one of them age 16 and up and this means the welfare rolls will swell exponentially.  Already in this country, over the past five years, we’ve seen unprecedented increases in people/families on food stamps (SNAP program) now approaching 50 million; 10 million + now on disability and a stunning 92 million Americans are NOT working at all.  Who in their right mind actually believes we can absorb tens of thousands of aliens without collapsing an already fragile economy?  Oh, and in case you didn’t know, Mr. Obama and company have been actively advertising Americas ‘freebies’ throughout Mexico and even Central America.  We have $17 trillion in ‘official’ debts, $100 trillion in unfunded obligations and the only reason your stock portfolio is worth  a warm bucket of spit is because of Fed pumping.  If you think adding thousands, perhaps tens of thousands of people to the already stressed welfare system won’t hurt YOU, you’re beyond stupid.
2.  Diseases we’ve long conquered in America will once again rear their ugly heads.  Typhoid, measles, small pox, malaria and even scabies are being carried back into America via the flood of unchecked illegals entering from Mexico and from Central America via Mexico.  In spite of our efforts to immunize our own population, epidemics can and will break out.  Thousands, if not millions, of American children have not been immunized because of religious beliefs or personal preferences of their parents.  These children are now at risk and an epidemic is inevitable if we fail to act now.
3.  Crime is an obvious side effect of allowing God-only-knows-who to waltz right through the back door.  If you arrived home one day to find a total stranger living in your house, eating your food, sleeping in your bed and rifling through your belongings, you’d call the cops and you’d expect them to run the squatters out muy rapidamente.  But yet we seem to have no issue (at least Washington does not) with allowing the free-flow of completely undocumented individuals, at least some of whom will have a criminal history.  Take for example the flow of members of the violent MS-13 gang.  Many of them are Central Americans and they have a penchant for being merciless, violent and deadly.   Deadly DWI accidents, rape, murder and various other crimes are attributed to illegals not even affiliated with gang activity.  America’s police have their hands full as it is and now, your so-called leaders in DC want to do everything they can to compound these issues, all in the name of elections.  And let’s not forget, terrorists have in fact used the southern border to gain entry into our country.  How many?  Thousands of suspect individuals have been caught.  And it’s certain many more have not.
4.  The desire to upend 238 years of American independence, history, culture and traditions is quite evident.  Desecrating our flag, demanding that lands in the American Southwest be returned to Mexico and the hate speech being hurled at Americans at protests show just how much some of the illegals truly don’t want to be American’s.  They have no interest in assimilating themselves to this nation in any way.  Is this true of all who have entered illegally?  Of course not.  There are many who have come here with all good intentions of becoming American and just having a better life.  This does not, however, change the fact that they did enter illegally.  They should not be given the slightest preference over those who come here legally and follow the processes in place to gain legal status and ultimately citizenship.  It’s not easy nor is it cheap to do, but there is a process and thousands have followed this process since Obama took office.  Yet he has clearly stated that a fast track to citizenship is what he has in mind for illegals.  It’s not just unfair, it’s criminal.
5.  No nation can survive without preserving its own unique identity, language and culture.  Yes, America is made up of millions of people who are either descended from immigrants or who immigrated here themselves.  I myself can boast of British, French, German and Cherokee ancestry.  I’m quite the mutt.  But I have never referred to myself as Euro-American or Native-American or any other hyphenated label; I am an American.  I’m not suggesting that anyone, natural born, naturalized, legal or illegal, should cast aside all of their heritage.  But if you wish to live in America you should fully assimilate yourself to the very unique culture that we’ve developed over these two plus centuries.  Learn to speak English.  It should be your first language.  Respect our flag, our nation’s symbol of strength and unity.  Respect the rule of law, the very foundations upon which our Republic is built.  In all ways and all manners of speech, commerce and social interaction, be American.  Share your heritage, be proud of those from whom you descended.  But if you truly want to live, work and prosper in our nation, please don’t ask me to cast aside my American heritage, culture and traditions to make way for anything else to take its place.  Never fly another nation’s flag above or alongside ours.  Even though some government agencies and private citizens may do so (and it’s their free speech right to do it, I suppose) I think it’s disrespectful.  It diminishes the power and symbolism of our flag.  Only the Texas state flag is permitted to fly at the same height as the U.S. flag.  Why?  Because Texas was an independent republic itself before graciously joining the Union.  All other state flags must fly lower.  Why then would anyone find it appropriate to fly the flag of any other nation alongside America’s?  Our borders, our culture, our language and our traditions must be preserved.  Allowing people to enter illegally and run roughshod over these things is wrong.  Any political leader who fails to acknowledge that is not only lacking in patriotism, but spine as well.
If we fail to address these key issues, illegal immigration will spell the end of America.

http://newstalk1290.com/five-reasons-illegal-immigration-will-destroy-america/

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It reads to me like 5 reasons why republicans/tea party/far right wingers are crazy and believe in the most far fetched ideas versus reality. Also talk radio is full of angry old white guys.

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
This will end well.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tekate|1471094776|4065483 said:
It reads to me like 5 reasons why republicans/tea party/far right wingers are crazy and believe in the most far fetched ideas versus reality. Also talk radio is full of angry old white guys.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Of course it would read to you that way.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you so much Tekate. It's as if you can read my mind! You said everything I was thinking. My husband listened to one of these stations for about an hour a few weeks ago and said "They are down right scary. They don't seem to have a grasp on reality".

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1471103584|4065527 said:

Thank you so much Tekate. It's as if you can read my mind! You said everything I was thinking. My husband listened to one of these stations for about an hour a few weeks ago and said "They are down right scary. They don't seem to have a grasp on reality".

Yup, you are both reading my mind. Those 5 reasons are incredibly far fetched, not to mention entrenched in racism/xenophobia. Just ridiculous.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Each of the 5 points has massive problems, but the level of stupid with #2 is truly mindboggling.

2. Diseases we’ve long conquered in America will once again rear their ugly heads. Typhoid, measles, small pox, malaria and even scabies are being carried back into America via the flood of unchecked illegals entering from Mexico and from Central America via Mexico. In spite of our efforts to immunize our own population, epidemics can and will break out. Thousands, if not millions, of American children have not been immunized because of religious beliefs or personal preferences of their parents. These children are now at risk and an epidemic is inevitable if we fail to act now.

Lessee....scabies is a mite that exists everywhere, even in the US. Malaria is mosquito transmitted, so unless immigrants are mosquitoes,well. Typhoid is a hygiene and close contact thing. (Maybe the author is thinking an army of Typhoid Marias?)
Smallpox was eradicated in 1980 with no cases in the WORLD since. And measles? If millions of American kids get measles, they and their parents have no one to blame but their parents, who will be, ARE, the real reason there are increasing outbreaks of preventable disease in the US.

Of course the not-so-sub subtext here is that immigrants are dirty disease carriers, and the point is to play on the readers' disgust reaction.

And this:
http://theweek.com/articles/537527/no-illegal-immigrants-probably-arent-responsible-measles-outbreak

"According to World Health Organization estimates, the U.S. has a measles vaccination rate of 92 percent, while Mexico and Nicaragua have 99 percent vaccination rates and Honduras, Guatemala, and El Salvador each have 93 percent vaccination rates. If anything, those countries should be concerned about Americans coming down to visit.

The politics of vaccination are tricky — anti-vaccination fever is a bipartisan condition — but pretending this is the fault of "illegal immigrants" is pure and simple political opportunism, pandering and scapegoating by people who should know better and probably do.

There are a lot of fingers that can be pointed in this resurgence of a disease that should be eradicated by now, but those who are pointing them south of the border are part of the problem."

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ksinger|1471111708|4065572 said:
Each of the 5 points has massive problems, but the level of stupid with #2 is truly mindboggling.

2. Diseases we’ve long conquered in America will once again rear their ugly heads. Typhoid, measles, small pox, malaria and even scabies are being carried back into America via the flood of unchecked illegals entering from Mexico and from Central America via Mexico. In spite of our efforts to immunize our own population, epidemics can and will break out. Thousands, if not millions, of American children have not been immunized because of religious beliefs or personal preferences of their parents. These children are now at risk and an epidemic is inevitable if we fail to act now.

Lessee....scabies is a mite that exists everywhere, even in the US. Malaria is mosquito transmitted, so unless immigrants are mosquitoes,well. Typhoid is a hygiene and close contact thing. (Maybe the author is thinking an army of Typhoid Marias?)
Smallpox was eradicated in 1980 with no cases in the WORLD since. And measles? If millions of American kids get measles, they and their parents have no one to blame but their parents, who will be, ARE, the real reason there are increasing outbreaks of preventable disease in the US.

Of course the not-so-sub subtext here is that immigrants are dirty disease carriers, and the point is to play on the readers' disgust reaction.

And this:
http://theweek.com/articles/537527/no-illegal-immigrants-probably-arent-responsible-measles-outbreak

"According to World Health Organization estimates, the U.S. has a measles vaccination rate of 92 percent, while Mexico and Nicaragua have 99 percent vaccination rates and Honduras, Guatemala, and El Salvador each have 93 percent vaccination rates. If anything, those countries should be concerned about Americans coming down to visit.

The politics of vaccination are tricky — anti-vaccination fever is a bipartisan condition — but pretending this is the fault of "illegal immigrants" is pure and simple political opportunism, pandering and scapegoating by people who should know better and probably do.

There are a lot of fingers that can be pointed in this resurgence of a disease that should be eradicated by now, but those who are pointing them south of the border are part of the problem."

Thank you for saying everything I wanted to say, far more eloquently than I could have.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

CC, Your daddy knows best.. :wink2:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Illegal immigration already destroyed America.

From the perspective of the only real 'Americans', 'America' was destroyed by those nasty immigrants from Europe.

It started in 1620 with the arrival of the Mayflower.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1471121065|4065609 said:

Dancing Fire, This had me laughing out loud!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1471123474|4065617 said:
Dancing Fire|1471121065|4065609 said:

Dancing Fire, This had me laughing out loud!

It was pretty dang hilarious! :lol:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I always wonder how far back these **edited by moderator, this is your ONE warning, any more namecalling and you will be on time out until after the election** have to go back before they find an immigrant in their lineage. Illegal or not, the concept of upending American tradition is utterly laughable when you consider this country was built on the back of immigrants.

But you do you, op. I notice you use this jewelry forum solely to persuade us to vote trump.

It's totally working and not a waste of your time.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel|1471125690|4065636 said:
I always wonder how far back these **edited by moderator, this is your ONE warning, any more namecalling and you will be on time out until after the election** have to go back before they find an immigrant in their lineage. Illegal or not, the concept of upending American tradition is utterly laughable when you consider this country was built on the back of immigrants.

But you do you, op. I notice you use this jewelry forum solely to persuade us to vote trump.

It's totally working and not a waste of your time.

Amen, Niel. :appl:

OP, you have ZERO posts on jewelry. And like 100 on the south will rise again. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am sure this reads as perfectly sane with the racists.

OP when you actuallly have some statistics to back up your posts. Evidence. See Ksingers post if you don't know what that looks like. Then maybe I'll listen.

You know what this sounds like to me? "Whites everywhere the BROWN President is commg for your homes your jobs and your lives and even the language you speak with the hoards of BROWN diseased criminals he is going to unleash. Vote for the Orange guy instead. Orange is the new WHITE."

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not interested in an argument or fight over illegal immigration. I want hear from someone who has realistic ideas on how to handle illegal immigration that does not include calling someone else a racist or xenophobe.

Please discuss. Thank you.

DAF

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
ksinger|1471111708|4065572 said:

From the CDC:
Only Anopheles mosquitoes can transmit malaria and they must have been infected through a previous blood meal taken from an infected person. When a mosquito bites an infected person, a small amount of blood is taken in which contains microscopic malaria parasites.Mar 24, 2016

I'm not saying illegals are disease carriers, just trying to make sure the facts are correct. Additionally, although rare, Malaria can be transmitted from mother to fetus during pregnancy and/or delivery. Also rare are incidences of contraction of malaria through blood transfusion.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
redwood66|1471129525|4065657 said:
I am not interested in an argument or fight over illegal immigration. I want hear from someone who has realistic ideas on how to handle illegal immigration that does not include calling someone else a racist or xenophobe.

First of all if you don't want to be called a racist don't post racist posts! If you want polite thoughtful and reasoned responses, be polite and post thoughtfully with reasoned arguements that are based on real world proof.

As for your request Redwood:

No. No. No.

I could do this. But I am not going to. You know why? Because what the right and the left views as "problems" with immigration are different. And we'd get no where.

So first: I would like somone from the right, and Redwood, I am asking you to continue our dialog from before by doing this as a favor to me, to tell me IN DETAIL with evidence and statistics what the problems THEY see are with immigration. Then I will happily and politely give you my thoughts.

Okay?

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy|1471130051|4065662 said:

First of all if you don't want to be called a racist don't poet racist posts. If you want polite, be polite.

No. No. No.

I could do this. But I am not going to. You know why? Because what the right and the left views as "problems" with immigration are different. And we'd get no where.

So first: I would like somone from the right, and Redwood, I am asking you to continue our dialog from before by doing this as a favor to me, to tell me IN DETAIL with evidence and statistics what the problems THEY see are with immigration. Then I will happily and politely give you my thoughts.

Okay?

Ha! I thought I was polite most of the time. But I was not seeking any particular right or left view. Illegal immigration is a problem and not just from one POV.

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Folks, namecalling will NOT be tolerated on this forum.

You will get ONE warning, and will then be on time out until after the election.

Please don't ruin the political discussions for everyone. Get your point across without namecalling.

sstephensid

Shiny_Rock

I am baffled by your posts. If someone posts a racist article, it is wrong to call them racist? I am deeply saddened by some of the articles you post and threads you defend. There can be a reasonable, calm discussion, but when a person posts untrue information that is racist, what do you expect?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
redwood66|1471130338|4065664 said:
Gypsy|1471130051|4065662 said:

First of all if you don't want to be called a racist don't poet racist posts. If you want polite, be polite.

No. No. No.

Okay?

Ha! I thought I was polite most of the time. But I was not seeking any particular right or left view. Illegal immigration is a problem and not just from one POV.

Okay so. Tell me what YOUR problems are with immigration and I'll tell you my thoughts.

As for the first part of what I wrote that was referring dirctly to siv's post. It is a rude rant.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Because I want to put thought into my post and keep it as nice as possible it will take me some time. Thanks for your patience. ;))

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
redwood66|1471131670|4065676 said:
Because I want to put thought into my post and keep it as nice as possible it will take me some time. Thanks for your patience. ;))
Absolutely!

Will happily wait!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think this 'problem' will ever go away.
Too few American citizens are willing to pick crops, bus tables, mow lawns, or be janitors, etc. etc. etc.
Too many American citizens have high expectations of income and working conditions.

We all benefit from the illegals who work cheap.

I don't know what the answer is, perhaps two-teirs of citizenship? Work Permits? Eliminate the current rule that babies born in America become US citizens if the parents are not?
I don't know.

I do believe if Trump got elected and kicked out the illegals, the crops would rot in the fields, etc. etc. etc.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Our country has laws and regulations regarding immigration to this country. This is to ensure safety and security of the US and its people. I want people who wish to immigrate to follow the laws in place and go through the legal process to become a citizen. It is likely that the process needs some work to make it more efficient and less time consuming.

US Citizenship and Immigration Services website https://www.uscis.gov/aboutus

That said in order to deal with the millions of illegal immigrants already here will take some work. It is ridiculous to think that we can deport every one of them and have them come back to start the process legally. The cost would be exorbitant and create more underworld issues than we already have. But there needs to be some sort of way to start them on the path to becoming citizens legally whereby they can work, pay taxes, and live without fear. Anyone, native, legal, illegal that has the ability to work should be working in order to pay their own way. Reagan allowed 2.7 million in 1986 to obtain a green card. But then what? How do you keep the number from increasing whereby you have to do this every 10-20 years? I don't know. Anyone have any ideas?

Here is a Pew Research study on illegal immigration. It appears that numbers are leveling and about 3.5% of the nation's population or 11.3 million in 2014.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2015/11/19/5-facts-about-illegal-immigration-in-the-u-s/

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's my view on illegal immigrants...
If he/she haven't committed a felony they should allow to stay in U.S. by issuing them a 5 yr temporary green card. For those who have already committed a felony should be deported as soon as possible. After 5 yrs if their record stays clean then they should allow to apply for citizenship. There is no good reason for not passing Kate's Law... :nono:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1471132266|4065678 said:
I don't know what the answer is, perhaps two-teirs of citizenship? Work Permits? Eliminate the current rule that babies born in America become US citizens if the parents are not?
IMO, The law should state that at least one of the parent must be a U.S. citizen in order for the baby to become an instant citizen of the U.S. ..This law will stop the illegal moms from sneaking across the borderline to have babies and would also put these so called "birth houses" out of business.

http://ktla.com/2015/03/03/feds-raid-20-socal-locations-in-alleged-chinese-birthing-house-maternity-tourism-schemes/

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
siv1|1471093882|4065476 said:
Learn to speak English.  It should be your first language. 

Um, you do know this is impossible, right? By definition, someone's first language is the language of their birth. So an immigrant who is not from an English speaking country will always have a first language other than English.

Honestly, this seems so odd to me. Many other countries deliberately take a view of celebrating multiculturalism (like your neighbor to the north). Shockingly, they haven't imploded into epidemics of disease, crime sprees, bankrupted welfare systems, a loss of a sense of nationalism, or raging fits of flag burning.

I'd actually love to see stats on who is using your welfare dollars. I doubt it's immigrants. My experience is that new (non-European) immigrants are some of the hardest working, motivated, entrepreneurial people I know. Many work 2 full time (often low paying) jobs to give their children better opportunities because their educational credentials are not recognized here. Their children generally face huge pressure to live up to their parents' expectations that they will be successful and make their parents' sacrifices worth something. The percentage of them becoming doctors, lawyers, pharmacists, B.Comm's, engineers, and business owners is way higher than the norm because of this. If I had to guess, I'd say that welfare likely largely goes to multigenerational non-immigrant recipients. Plus, many immigrants must be sponsored to guarantee that they won't be on social assistance beyond a short bridging window for ESL classes and job training.

Maybe the way to go might be to become more inclusive rather than less. It's hard to hate when you feel welcomed, supported, and that you have equal opportunities to succeed. It's easy to hate if you're unwelcome, discriminated against, and oppressed.

This used to be your credo:

"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Maybe it's time to reflect on it a bit rather than building walls.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results