shape
carat
color
clarity

First time visitor

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Robyn anne

Rough_Rock
Hi all
First time visitor.
I need a little help pricing this Diamond.
These are the details the Jeweller gave me.
She told me it is ideal cut, it looks sparkly but I don''t
know if the price is right?
Shape Round Brilliant
Colour F
Clarity SI1
Table% 59
Depth% 60.5
Crown 33
Pavilion 41.5
Girdle Thn/Med
Culet nil
Fluorescence Nil
Excellent
Excellent
Excellent
Measurements 6.95 - 7 x 4.1 mm
Hearts and Arrows

AUD$7,100.00

33.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cannot help with pricing but just wanted to say welcome!

Robyn anne

Rough_Rock
Thank you

Can you tell me if it''s a good diamond?

aussiegirl23

Shiny_Rock
Robyn Ann,

I''m guessing by the sad face, the price didn''t sit well with you! One place you could save a LOT of money is in color. F is wonderful, but honestly, you can drop to H-I or even lower and still have a diamond that faces up white (especially if the cut is excellent or ideal). Some PriceScopers love their J or K diamonds as well -- it''s all a matter of preference. Have you seen stones in person? Some people are "color sensitive" and can tell the difference between and F and an I... some can''t. Make sure you check out your color preference in person : )

Looking at the stone you picked out... here are a few concerns:
-table - it''s a bit large @ 59-- ideally, look for tables of about 55-56
-crown angle: a little shallow @ 33 -- ideally, look for crown angles of about 34.4-34.9
-pavillion angle: a little large @ 41.5 -- ideally look for pavillion angles of about 40.5-40.8

All these factors will decrease the performance of your stone (light return, fire, scintillation, spread (diameter for weight)... You can run your stone specs through the Cut Adviser at this link:
https://www.pricescope.com/cutadviser.asp
Your stone comes out at 4.1... only good if money is your primary criteria....

I''ll see if I can find some stones that look a little better : )

Goodluck!! and I''m sure those with more experience will chime in at a more reasonable hour!

Aussiegirl : p

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am not an expert like so many here. The color is great, but I would be concerned with clarity. Is it eye clean? I might want to go down a bit in color (G maybe?) and go up a bit in clarity. Do not know what that does to your price and I have no sense of Australian dollars versus American, so I cannot tell if that is a good price. I am not one who knows a lot about the depth and table etc, but I am sure others will weigh in...keep checking

Robyn anne

Rough_Rock

Wow!!! I think I found the right place!

I found it difficult trying to work it out. with all the pressure the jeweller was putting on me.
you just gave me more advice, than she did in the 45 minutes I spent in the jewellery store.
36.gif

Robyn anne

Rough_Rock
Date: 7/7/2006 2:58:13 AM
Author: aussiegirl23
Robyn Ann,

Here''s a few stones I found you may like... also, try searching at WhiteFlash, GoodOldGold, JamesAllen, etc...

http://www.whiteflash.com/diamonds/diamond_Details.aspx?itemcode=AGS-5885003
http://www.whiteflash.com/diamonds/diamond_Details.aspx?itemcode=AGS-4593307
http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/2161/
http://www.jamesallen.com/diamond.asp?cid=131&item=866249

Good Luck!

I was told to buy from a jeweller because the internet sites are not selling the real thing in Australia.
Is it safe to buy from these sites?. and how can I be sure I will get the same diamond I pay for?

Robyn anne

Rough_Rock
Selected: 60.5% depth, 59% table, 33° crown angle, 41.5° pavilion angle
The result is for a symmetrical diamond with a medium girdle and very good polish
HCA scores were adjusted Dec. 15, 2001 and Feb. 6, 2003.

Factor Grade
Light Return Good
Fire Good
Scintillation Good
Spread
or diameter for weight Very Good
Total Visual Performance 4.1 - Good - Only if price is your main criterion

I tried the Holloway Cut Adviser,what am I looking at?.
All I see is a lot of goods no excellents what does this mean?
is the diamond good or excellent?

More confused
33.gif

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Hi welcome Robyn Anne from a fellow Aussie in the Sunshine State. This diamond seems quite cheap actually! I have been looking for a slightly bigger stone with better clarity and I have been getting quotes in Australia between 12,000 and Aud$18,000 so this comes in rather bugety. I gathering that it is not what it claims to be.
I have discovered this site about 3 months ago and have learnt so much and have found an incredible bunch of supportive posters here. I recently made my first online purchase from Whiteflash for a pair of earrigns and I can''s speak highly enough of the quality of the stones the helpfullness of the staff and the effortless nature of the whole purcahse. It came a little unstuck when I forgot to totally factor in all the hidden customs duty but my earrings have been valued here at DOUBLE what I paid for them.
I am now considering getting my upgrade stone from one of these online vendors and so far they have been extremely helpful.
Good luck I ''m sure you will enjoy yout time on Pricescope.

Robyn anne

Rough_Rock

Hi katebar

Thanks for that. do you think I should l be suspicious of the diamond I am looking at?
How much are the customs duty?

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Robyn anne here is a link to my discussion on custome duties which other Australian''s piped up Link.
I can not at all say that your jeweller is showing you something that is''nt ''right''. I just know with the few Australain diamond merchants I have spoken with their stones for a similar size have been much more expensive.
I would ask the experts here as you have done for their opinion. Don''t worry you will learn so much!!
1.gif

Robyn anne

Rough_Rock
Hi katebar

I don't want to criticize the jeweller but, it worries me when I feel forced to buy.
The 10% GST plus customs handling charges that's not to bad.do you know who pays for the sending,and
how long did it take to get your diamond.

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/7/2006 4:01:57 AM
Author: Robyn anne
The 10% GST plus customs handling charges that''s not to bad.do you know who pays for the sending,and how long did it take to get your diamond.

Hi robyn anne

Vendors in the US usually charges USD$100 for the fedex charges and to cover insurance on the stone. It takes an average of 3-5 days to get packages from the states and cleared through customs.

I think the courier most vendors use to send packages to Australia is FEDEX, and FEDEX handles the customs clearance - they will usually ring you when the package clears customs and tell you the amount of GST/duties/handling charges you have to pay. You then pay it (usually by credit card) and they will release the package for delivery, or you can ask them to hold it at the fedex station and go and collect it.

Hope this helps.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Robyn Anne, welcome! You have come to the right place! Does the stone you''re considering have a certificate? What kind is it? GIA? AGS? I don''t think those measurements are like the ideal cut stones we are used to seeing on here. I am thinking a 59 table is outside of the ideal cut standards, but I''m not positive. We''d need to see what is on the certificate to be sure. But the HCA score you posted is not good at all, so I think I''d keep looking unless you just fell in love with the diamond. Like someone else said, you can easily consider G or H color in an Ideal cut hearts and arrows stone.

Robyn anne

Rough_Rock

Hi diamondseeker2006

The Certificate is a ADGL (Australian Diamond Grading Laboratory).
The Diamond brand is Eternity, it is lasered on the stone somewhere.

I think after looking at the different web sites recommended as well as others
I will be buying online it makes sense and looks pretty safe.They offer a 30 day
money back guarantee?
I found a stone same quality on bluenile.its a little smaller but I
think much better according to the Holloway Cut Adviser, what do you think?

It will cost about Aus $9300.00 including GST
this is 2200 more than the eternity brand.

Stock number: LD00414403

Price: $6,092

Bank wire price: $6,001

Carat weight: 1.04

Cut: Ideal

Colour: F

Clarity: SI1

Depth %: 61.9%

Table %: 56%

Symmetry: Ideal

Polish: Ideal

Girdle: Thin to slightly thick

Culet: None

Fluorescence: Negligible

Measurements: 6.48 x 6.52 x 4.03 mm

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGS-0. ask if eye-clean.

Robyn anne

Rough_Rock
I was told it wasn''t possible to see Si1? , But now that you mention that the stone I was looking at 1.21 F Si1 Eternity. I am sure it had a little White thing on the edge. looked like something was stuck on the side underneath. I asked the jeweller she said it was nothing.
The stone from Blue nile has an included crystal? is that bad?

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sure, it's possible to see things in SI1. but it's also possible to not be able to see a thing.

aussiegirl23

Shiny_Rock
Sorry Robyn Anne - I totally didn''t see that you were in Australia --- missed the AUD...

Oops!

Krystal

Rough_Rock
Hi Robyn Anne,

This is my first post...as i usually lurk around... But when I read that it was a ADGL Certificate by Eternity Diamonds... alarm bells rang.

I am sure the experts should chime in here... but when purchasing a diamond the certificate should be from an
independent laboratory like GIA, AGS, HRD etc.

From reading on other forums ADGL is an inhouse certificate. in other words, Eternity diamonds certifiy their own diamonds!!!

Something I think you should consider..

hope that helps

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results