shape
carat
color
clarity

First time buyer - Opinions on this JA 1.25 lab

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
Very nice cut and should score well in the HCA. I did notice a lot of tint in the video for a G- definitely the brown undertone often associated with CVD diamonds.
Still, the videos are blown up and several people have been happy with colors much lower than G- there have been some pretty I-L colors on here lately.
for the price, I think it’s a solid selection.

Tippytoes

Rough_Rock
Trade
Very nice cut and should score well in the HCA. I did notice a lot of tint in the video for a G- definitely the brown undertone often associated with CVD diamonds.
Still, the videos are blown up and several people have been happy with colors much lower than G- there have been some pretty I-L colors on here lately.
for the price, I think it’s a solid selection.

Can you tell me what CVD means? Thanks.

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
There are two common ways lab diamonds are made CVD- chemical vapor deposition and HPHT- high pressure, high temperature.
CVD can sometimes have brown undertones, and HPHT can sometimes have a blue nuance. You can check the lab cert to see how yours was created- screenshot is below:
0BF1B082-0EC3-48BF-A98A-E2E14872E88E.jpeg

Tippytoes

Rough_Rock
Trade
Can I have your opinions on this one?

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
Can I have your opinions on this one?

I’m a sucker for fat arrows but that’s personal preference. The angles are nice, and it shows less tint than the G if that’s your concern.
I do think the price is a smidge high, however that’s the premium you’re paying to have JA presort all the H&A cuts.

Tippytoes

Rough_Rock
Trade
Can you or someone else give me some recommendations? Because I'm not sure what to look for. Thanks.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you or someone else give me some recommendations? Because I'm not sure what to look for. Thanks.

What do you want in terms of color, clarity, and size? What is your budget?

Tippytoes

Rough_Rock
Trade
What do you want in terms of color, clarity, and size? What is your budget?

I would want at least 1 carat with an F color and VS1 clairity. About $2500. Thanks.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would want at least 1 carat with an F color and VS1 clairity. About $2500. Thanks.

Given the color + clarity requirements I think the 1ct F stone from JA a solid choice.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results