shape
carat
color
clarity

First project nerves and thinking about alternatives

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Hey all,

Thanks for your help with setting ideas for my little sister''s grad pendant. I''m expecting the parti-colored sapphire from ArtCutGems tomorrowish and have spoken with Sally, who is wonderful. The thing is, I''m getting really nervous about it not being a good fit for the project. I''m kind of wondering a) if its too dark, b) if I was thinking about what I''d want for a pendant and not what my sister would want, and c) if its too expensive for our budget.

So here is my question: there is a really lovely 9 mm opposed bar cut tourmaline much more in my budget that strikes me as much more my sister (while, lets be honest, the sapphire may just be something I covet myself). I''m trying to figure out if I should buy the tourmaline and compare the two or let myself see the sapphire alone in its own glory. I live in the US but still feel bad buying something if I''m thinking about returning it.

Rick told me he thinks I''ll love the sapphire, but the unlit pics are really dark and I want something that has some flash to it.

Thoughts? Is this normal first project panic?
19.gif
Thanks!

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Personally I''d evaluate them on their own because they''re two totally different stones. If you were looking at 2 of the same then I''d want to see them together.

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
That sounds smart. They''re not in competition, and there is no rush. Thanks.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m glad that you''re getting the Sapphire and I can''t wait to read what you think about it once you''ve seen it in person!

And I agree with Kismet, they are two totally different stones. So judge them on their own.

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, Stone Hunter. I was thinking about you with the stone. Perhaps if its not right for me, it will be for you! I can''t wait to see it. I think I''ve let my fear of its price dull how much I love it, which is a lot.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you love it I''m sure you can find another project to use it in. Maybe it''s your stone and not your sister''s?
9.gif

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/25/2009 3:46:57 PM
Author: Stone Hunter
If you love it I''m sure you can find another project to use it in. Maybe it''s your stone and not your sister''s?
9.gif
I''d like to promise, both you and my bf, god help him, that that wasn''t the response I was hoping for!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results