shape
carat
color
clarity

First Post, Engaged!

RDPOE

Rough_Rock
Hey everyone!

I've been lurking a while, long before I signed up, or got engaged. This is a great place, lots of good info!

Here's the short version of our story:

She said yes! This wasn't really a surprise, we have talked about getting married for almost a year, but it is still exciting!

I proposed on Valentines Day, which might seem a little cliche, but worked for us. We started dating on Oct. 14, 2008, and the 14th of every month has had special meaning since then. This also gives us time to plan and have our wedding on the same date that we had our first date, kinda fun!

I had things all planned out but they fell through the week before, so I ended up doing something intimate. Last Valentines Day, I raided her "memory" box and made a scrapbook with our pictures, notes, concert tickets, etc. for her. She loved it and we look at it from time to time. This Valentines Day I made two more pages and put them at the end. The first was of all the places we used to go when we started dating, Which I went and snapped that day. The second, and final, had the gorgeous pictures of the ring from Whiteflash!

We sat on the couch before dinner and ate some strawberries and drank champagne while we looked through the scrapbook and talked about our life together. When we got to what she thought was the last page, I told her I had added a couple more (she wasn't even suspicious at this point). We got the the last page and she was speechless; I did the one knee, etc and she just cried (in the good way)! It was sweet and intimate, but she's not a showy girl. It fit our relationship and her, and I think that's what is most important.

We couldn't be happier! She loves her ring and it was absolutely perfect for her! She has received many, many compliments on it, and I would get the exact same one again, if I had to do it over!

Hopefully the pictures show up, I don't like "teething" issues on new (to me) forums, haha!

flower.jpg

side_back.jpg

side_front.jpg

Handshot.JPG

confusedaisy

Shiny_Rock
First of all, your proposal literally made me slightly tear up. I made a scrapbook for my bf on our first anniversary and proposing to your girlfriend in that way is so personal, unique, and beautiful! ;(

Second, that ring is a stunner and looks great on her hand. Congrats!! :appl:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats!!

What a sweet proposal! ::) and the ring is beautiful, it looks lovely on her hand :love:

Brensmom

Rough_Rock
Love her ring...great choice!! congrats!

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congrats! Gorgeous ring! You did a great job. Lucky lady!!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a sweet story! Congratulations!!!!!

My daughters birthday is 10/14 and that has become her favorite number. It seems to turn up everywhere for her! My husbands
union number is 1014, and often we will now all look at the clock and it will be-you guessed it- 10:14. I guess it really has
become a special number for all of us.

Congrats, and I will be thinking of you on 10/14!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations. Your proposal story is very sweet and the ring is gorgeous.

Venice

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations. I think that your proposal story is very sweet. The ring is lovely, as are her slender, long fingers. October 14th will be here before you know it. Wishing you both the very best.

tannet

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement. :appl: The ring is beautiful! You did a great job. Oh and what a sweet proposal story!

EHR2009

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! The handshot looks great!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring! Congratulations! :appl: :appl: :appl:

lovemybling

Brilliant_Rock
I love the setting... a perfect place for such a pretty stone.

Congrats
:bigsmile:

RDPOE

Rough_Rock
I guess I could post some specs as well.

Round cut (obviously) Whiteflash ACA
.785 ct
G color
VS1 (eye-clean)
AGS certified with Excellent: Cut, Polish, Symmetry

RIng is 18kt. White Gold with 46 ACA diamonds on the band (~.28 ctw). It's gorgeous.

I had to have it modified with the Euro-shank to help keep it from spinning. She can fit about a 4.75 over the knuckle and I suspect after that her finger is about a 4.0. Pretty fingers, one of the first things I noticed about her! We worked together and I spend some time training her and I always thought I wanted to put a ring on her finger!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
It's lovely, congratulations on your engagement!! :appl:

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty! Congrats!

iugurl

Shiny_Rock
It is beautiful. Your proposal story was very, very sweet :love:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a sweet and memorable proposal! Perfect, as is the ring, it's really beautiful and looks amazing on her hand. You did good! :appl:

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty! Congrats!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just lovely on her hand!! :love:

SilverFire

Rough_Rock
Very very sweet proposal and gorgeous ring.

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats! Beautiful ring!!! :love: :love: :love:

Angietaren

Rough_Rock
Really unique design, I like it. Congratulations.

confusedaisy

Shiny_Rock
RDPOE|1298304707|2856556 said:
Pretty fingers, one of the first things I noticed about her! We worked together and I spend some time training her and I always thought I wanted to put a ring on her finger!

Just came back to take another peek and read this line- so very sweet! Best wishes for a happy engagement and marriage!!

DiamondBabe81

Rough_Rock
Congratulations, RDPOE!!! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results