shape
carat
color
clarity

First Post, and Advice on a Diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DMO17

Rough_Rock
Diamond#3
Depth: 60.9
Table: 57%
Crown Angle: 34.5
Crown Height: 15%
Pavil. Angle: 40.6
Pavil. Depth: 43%

42837_xlarge2.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The third one is my choice.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
2nd vote for #3 stone.

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Dritto for #3 :))

DMO17

Rough_Rock
Thanks. I was thinking the third one as well.

Can someone briefly explain why they like the third ASET scope the best. My brief understanding is that the more red than green the better and the absence of black at the corners indicates minimal light leakage. Anything else I should be looking for.

In terms of the numbers all three appear to be quite good stones correct? Anything I should be worried about here?

Lastly, is there any other info I should ask for in evaluating diamond#3?

Thanks,

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The optical symmetry looks excellent on the third diamond, the patterning is great and the ASET itself excellent. This tutorial explains further how to interpret ASET images.

http://www.highperformancediamonds.com/index.php?page=education-performance

They are all reasonable diamonds but the third is the best one. The first is a nice make but not as fine as the last one, the second has proportions which are more on the shallow side as seen on ASET and the numbers themselves so the third is the most promising.

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Ditto Lorelei! The patterning of the arrows in the ASET is clearly defined and I prefer the combo of 34.5/40.6 range!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
I like #3 best.

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/13/2009 5:04:31 PM
Author: DMO17
The strange thing is that the message I posted above was from the person who actually is trying to sell me the diamond with the Flour. (1st diamond listed)

When I went to see it last week, he gave me another diamond that he said had no flour in it and they both looked fine under office lighting. When I brought it to the window (strong sunlight coming in) the one with strong flour had a definite periwinkle color, although I did notice a similiar type hue from the one that wasn''t suppose to have flour. This is what prompted my question above. It made me wonder whether the diamond he gave me to compare actually had flour as well.

I wonder if I can buy this diamond upon the agreement of a independant apparaiser takes a look at it and it matches not only the GIA but that the flour doesn''t have any negative affects on the diamond?
Date: 4/13/2009 5:04:31 PM
Author: DMO17
The strange thing is that the message I posted above was from the person who actually is trying to sell me the diamond with the Flour. (1st diamond listed)

When I went to see it last week, he gave me another diamond that he said had no flour in it and they both looked fine under office lighting. When I brought it to the window (strong sunlight coming in) the one with strong flour had a definite periwinkle color, although I did notice a similiar type hue from the one that wasn''t suppose to have flour. This is what prompted my question above. It made me wonder whether the diamond he gave me to compare actually had flour as well.

I wonder if I can buy this diamond upon the agreement of a independant apparaiser takes a look at it and it matches not only the GIA but that the flour doesn''t have any negative affects on the diamond?

Maybe he does not want to get in a argument with you, if does not have return policy and you get to see a difference, that will bring an argument between the 2 of you.

But, he is totally right when he says, the only time that you will see a difference, is when you compare diamond side by side, but after put it in a ring, will be almost imposible to see the difference, besides that, I had never had to put my ring next to another ring.
41.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results