carat
color
clarity

First online purchase...

bmfang

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Happy New Year PS'ers!

Long time lurker on PS from Australia who bit the bullet just before Christmas for a push present. The Mrs and I are expecting our first child later this month. Y'all on PS have been very helpful to many others and I was a beneficiary of that as I trawled through the thousands of threads on the forum (plus some other sites like BeyondThe4Cs) over the last couple of years to educate myself.

This was after purchasing a custom setting (18kt white gold cathedral style 4-prong solitaire) and stone (0.70ct G/SI1 GIA XXX) from a small independent Aussie bricks & mortar retailer in my neck of the woods for a wedding anniversary present. In the six months after that purchase, I ended up obsessively poring over the proportions wondering if I could have done better for the price by purchasing online....

Looked at a number of sites the weekend before Christmas (James Allen, WF, BGD, Victor Canera) but in the end, I narrowed it down to two stones from BGD's Blue collection based solely off the ASET on the grading reports.

The first was a 0.926 J/VS2 which was purchased at around the same time by another PS forum member for a pendant. That stone should look stunning in the setting they are going for.

The one I ended up going with was:
http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamonds/diamond-details/0.962-k-vs2-round-diamond-ags-bl-104091071008

Looking forward to seeing it set in this:
http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/engagement-rings/solitaire/freya-18k-white-gold-5985w18

Order was accepted just before Christmas so am hoping the ring arrives before Bub does!

Looking forward to actually participating in this forum more now that I've actually signed up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
Congrats! I'm partial to the Blues myself!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your first baby! The stone should be gorgeous...I'm sure she will be thrilled with it!

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!

Oceangirl

Rough_Rock
I’d love to see some pics of the Freya setting - if you could share? Especially the profile.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats @bmfang and welcome to the BGD family! :cool2:

I'm sure Lesley and her team will have you fixed up soon. Please post pics once it does arrive -- of both bmfang jr and the bling bling.

blueMA

Brilliant_Rock
:lol: @bmfang's post was back from January. He's been very active on PS. :D

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL, well damn. Teach me to look at date stamps. I wasn't here back then so I have a little bit of an excuse, besides being blind. :lol:

bmfang

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Lolz.

I have been quite active on here now @sledge o we the last year and a half since becoming a more active member. Unfortunately of late, been very busy on the work and home front so my contributions lately have been a lot less than before.

Bub is now 17 months old and strutting around like he owns the joint. Mum and I are tearing our hair out (well, what little hair I have) trying to keep our little bull in a china shop from turning our home into a war zone (we’re at a daily stalemate these days). On the other hand, he is super adorable when he is in “rampage mode”.

I’d love to see some pics of the Freya setting - if you could share? Especially the profile.

@Oceangirl IMG_4859.JPG
This is just the Freya solitaire, no pave at all. Hope this profile pic helps out.

Oceangirl

Rough_Rock
Lolz.

I have been quite active on here now @sledge o we the last year and a half since becoming a more active member. Unfortunately of late, been very busy on the work and home front so my contributions lately have been a lot less than before.

Bub is now 17 months old and strutting around like he owns the joint. Mum and I are tearing our hair out (well, what little hair I have) trying to keep our little bull in a china shop from turning our home into a war zone (we’re at a daily stalemate these days). On the other hand, he is super adorable when he is in “rampage mode”.

@Oceangirl IMG_4859.JPG
This is just the Freya solitaire, no pave at all. Hope this profile pic helps out.

Thank you that’s fantastic!

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good stuff @bmfang. Glad to hear your holy terror popped out without problems and is causing you to pull hair out. May the force be with you. :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results