shape
carat
color
clarity

First Isee2 Screenshot

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It arrived today.
3.gif

Heading on a mini vacation tomorrow but as I play with this more ... there will be more to come and a full tutorial. As the BrillianceScope gives an indicator of how a diamond will appear in direct light conditions (measuring those aspects) the Isee2 analyzes very different aspects which affect moreso how the diamond will appear in ambient light and diffuse light conditions and is the first device (I know of or have ever seen) to digitally measure optical or 3 dimensional symmetry. I have a SLEW of diamonds to test on this including brands, unbranded, etc. H&A, non H&A and every kind of stone under the sun.

Here''s a teaser. Costas ... if you''re reading this is your stone.
1.gif
9.8 is the highest known score on this machine as far as I know. More to come ...

Hehe... wub dem toys.
1.gif

Peace,
Rhino

br90gvs2isee2.gif

69gm

Shiny_Rock
i don't know if women will ever understand that guys never outgrow having toys. we just get bigger and better ones!
2.gif

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, Rhino, that's too cool. And yes, 69gm, NEVER....we will NEVER understand it.
9.gif

Smooth

Rough_Rock
I'm sure you haven't had a chance to test many stones, but how is the performance on the Isee2 matching up to the Bscope ratings? Have you had any diamonds that scored very well on one and poorly on the other?

rbjd

Shiny_Rock
Ah, too bad I already got mine set. Well, Rhino, I bet it's a 9.8 anyway. What do you think?

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I wouldn't doubt it one iota rbjd. If you look in our educational section there is a 1.11ct E VVS2 (very much identical to yours) which we ran when I went to the first meeting and it scored a 9.8.
1.gif

Right on 69... bring on the toys!
1.gif

Smooth asks:
"I'm sure you haven't had a chance to test many stones, but how is the performance on the Isee2 matching up to the Bscope ratings? Have you had any diamonds that scored very well on one and poorly on the other?"

This is going to be my primary area of focus Smooth. I did run one stone that had AMAZING 3d symmetry and looks incredible in ambient & diffuse light (an H&A) that wasn't the greatest scoring on the B'scope but received an excellent rating on the Isee2. The Isee2 is doing a very different kind of analysis than the BrillianceScope and I feel like I'm embarking on a brand new adventure!!!
1.gif
I want to run at least 40-50 various kinds of stones, record their scores before I make an educated assessment and thorough tutorial.

You see ... there are diamonds that score great on the BrillianceScope that are actually less beautiful than their equally grading counterparts. Take this diamond for example.

!!!WOOPS!!! I can't post a link to my site as one particular vendor (and certain cronies) belly ache even if it's for educational purposes. It's ok if someone else posts it but I can't.
15.gif

If you take note of a 1.37ct G VS2 on our website, that stone has BrillianceScope results comparable to some of the H&A's we have and in DIRECT LIGHT CONDITIONS is a very fiery stone. The HCA probably gives it a good score too. That diamond however in most other light conditions is inferior in brilliance & scintillation to the craftsmanship of a finely tuned rock and is also inferior in way of CONTRAST BRILLIANCE and SCINTILLATION. rbjd can point you to some examples.
1.gif
The Isee2 is what makes these kind of "beauty" distinctions that the BrillianceScope doesn't and definetely fills a gap in way of digital analysis of cut.

More to come as I learn more.

Peace,
Rhino

lucy

Rough_Rock
me me me!! what about my 3 carat? did you test mine at all? you cant get new gizmos right after send my stone out! not fair!!!!
8.gif
wink2.gif
wink2.gif
wink2.gif

rbjd

Shiny_Rock
Here are your links Jonathan:

http://www.goodoldgold.com/1_37ct_g_vs2_1.htm

http://www.goodoldgold.com/isee2.htm

I for one can't wait to see your further data from the Isee2. I have a suspicion that many of your stones are going to turn out to be in the high 9 category. I may never know if mine's a 9.9 but it sure looks like a 10 to me and I don't need a machine to tell me it dances with light!

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Oh, fascinating, Jonathan. More data for us cut geeks and more confusing criteria for newbies!
2.gif

diane5006

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Jonathan can you run my Regent thru that baby...just curious ???

Have a great vacation

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
How FUN..a new TOY. I am so jealous Rhino...AND a vacation to boot!!

BTW boys its not just GUYS that like new toys....girls luv em too...along with purses and jewelry!
9.gif

So I assume the image on the left is a non-ideal marginal stone and it's used for comparison against the stone on the right?

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
Yes, Mara.
You can read more about it here:
www.goodoldgold.com/isee2.htm
2.gif

TTECH

Rough_Rock
WoW! that is cool.....Rhino when you get back mabe you could run my stone through the Isee2 b4 you send it out? I don't know if it has been set yet?

thanks,
Josh(in TX):)

Bill D.

Rough_Rock
Hey Rhino:

I hope you didn't take the machine and a box of diamonds with you on vacation
3.gif
! It was so obvious in the pm that the Isee2 results had excited you
9.gif
!

But as I wrote to you, you have many good stones that will score very very well. It will be very interesting to see more results, especially if there will be a 10 or a 9.9.

I just hope she isn't following pricescope because it will spoil the surprise.

Here are some cut details:

AGA 1A, very low light leakage in idealscope and lightscope, excellent H&A symmetry, great gemadviser cut estimates,
HCA: 0.4 EX/EX/EX/EX
6.gif

I selected because of its carat, color, clarity, spread/carat combination. All else was an additional bonus. I would have been very happy with something not as tightly cut as long as it were H&A and had very good spread. I must admit I am a little too picky so maybe subconsciously I was waiting for a super-symmetric one to show up.
2.gif

Bill D.

Rough_Rock
Lucy: Your 3 carat monster won't fit in machine !!!!
3.gif
9.gif

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Haha... Bill you're right. I don't think a 3ct will fit in there, although I haven't tried it yet. I'm told my particular unit will cover .5xct up to 2.5 or 2.7xct. Down here in sunny Texas for the next few days but have the laptop with me. I'm not on what ya'll might consider a "traditional vacation" but I'm certainly not down here for business either.
1.gif
I'll be hopping in and out over the next few days and keeping up with emails.

The Isee2 will currently only work with rounds so if you have a round with us no prob. Squares will be upcoming and there are som exciting plans I don't want to leak too much out about yet coming out of the Isee2 project.
3.gif

Also just because a diamond doesn't score a 9.8 on the Isee2 doesn't mean it's a dud. Most stones on it score under a 9 (were we to examine all the diamonds in the world). At the last meeting one jeweler brought an AGS "0" stone that scored a 7 on it. One particular H&A brand that was there at the first meeting whose initial begins with "H" (I won't say no more) scored an 8.2. So there are brands and AGS "0" stones that score less than a 9 on the machine. What I believe we'll be directing people towards who will be using it as another valuable piece of input on their diamond purchase is for a score over 9.

I have a multitude of stones I am anxious to test on it including typical GIA VG/VG with ideal proportions, various AGS "0" diamonds with varying measurements in the minor facets. Various H&A super ideals with varying measurements in both minor and major facets ... etc. Haha.. I was up last night dreaming of the vast amount of stones i want to test and "predicting" how I think they'll do.
1.gif
I was driving my wife nuts.
3.gif

One very positive aspect about the device is that it really examines critically the craftsmanship that went into cutting the stone. If the cutter was sloppy the diamond will get penalized in the symmetry grading which will also refelct in the overall score. If the cutter did the job right the stone is rewarded with the appropriate score.

More to come as I sit and test... I'm afraid I will not be able to do this until late Tuesday or Wednesday of next week though. If any of you have rounds going out before then if you call my assistant Charles on Tuesday he can run your stone through the Isee2 before we ship it and save your results.

All the best,
Rhino

james100

Rough_Rock
Maybe mine too,when you are back from your vacation. The 1.39FVS2 H&A stone. I am curious how it scores!?

J
wavey.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 7/17/2003 9:21:45 PM Rhino wrote:

I'm not on what ya'll might consider a "traditional vacation"

----------------

Only in Texas for a day Rhino and already you are slurring your words.

Hee!
11.gif

Rank Amateur

Brilliant_Rock
I am immediately wary of a "magic box" that is an aid for selling a certain brand of diamond.

I also find it odd that the BS gets pulled right about the time the ISee2 arrives on the spot. Are they by the same people?

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Sure thing Jim.

Hi Mara!
1.gif
I'll be here through Sunday and will be doing a lil traveling errand Sunday - Tuesday. I am having fun though!
1.gif
Hehe... yea ... hangin around all these Texans is making me slur.
3.gif

Rank! Haha... no ... there is no conspiracy to the hardware I have. My B'scope has not been pulled and isn't going anywhere. It is not by the same company and the tests it performs on a diamond in relation to cut are quite different to that of the B'scope (there are are minor similarities though with regard to the "brilliance" testing yet different which will be covered in our tutorial). I appreciate your healthy skepticism though and once you get to see our complete tutorial on the machine you'll see that it too examines every single diamond under the same exact conditions. It does not care whose name is on the girdle.
2.gif

Peace,
Rhino

Boulder

Shiny_Rock
Jonathan, sounds like I'm going to be bugging you and Marie about getting the diamond that I'm looking at from GOG run through the Isee2.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results