shape
carat
color
clarity

First I fell in love with my fiance

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
one more! Good luck deciding....all would be awesome on your new BLING!!!

diamondbezel.jpg

slg47

Ideal_Rock
Sheherizaad|1300981891|2878956 said:
LovingDiamonds-

There are two hearts but they're on each side of the ring (i.e. the ring side facing the knuckle and the ring side facing the hand). But I can see how you thought that there were two hearts on one side :)

oh ok, it looks like the top arrow is pointing to the top half of one heart, and the bottom arrow is pointing to another heart?

i would change it to something else in WG. some swirly design or something

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
I vote for a different white gold design, rather than the 2-tone. Maybe some sort of swirly design, as slg suggested.

uschoney

Rough_Rock
I LOVE LOVE LOVE your ring!! are the stones cushion shaped or radiants??

DiamondMan85

Rough_Rock
i love the ring and im a man!

thing is how much does a man have to earn to own a ring like that? how much would that cost ?! i wish i had a better job all the time

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sheherizaad|1300981679|2878950 said:
Thanks guys for your input. You're helping me dwindle down the options!

1) You make great points on the white sapphire not being as brilliant, so I'm "nixing" that idea.

2) I absolutely LOVED the idea of our initials, but I thought that in the future, God forbid but if we're in a fix of some kind and we need to sell it fast, it will be less marketable. (I work in Finance as does my fiance and I've heard horror stories about women selling their jewelry just to make the mortgage :(( )

3) I thought a "blue sapphire" or a "ruby" would be classic, but at the end of the day, I think I'm drawn to a "light" pop of color (i.e. the light yellows, soft pinks, soft purple, light green, etc).

4) So now it's between-

A) all white gold-no stone- (in place of the heart)

B) beaded yellow gold surrounding a yellow sapphire - (in place of the heart)

I wish I could afford diamonds, but I feel bad for my poor fiancee. He's already gone $5k over budget just to make me happy (since I was so particular).

Have you priced diamonds? Diamond melee in the size you're talking about is actually inexpensive - the majority of the cost is in the metalwork involved, and if you'll be incurring that cost regardless of what stone/design you choose. If you want diamonds I urge you to at least get it quoted :))

If you're drawn to light colours I vote yellow or peachy pink - bezeled in yellow or pink gold!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yssie|1301695956|2885516 said:
Have you priced diamonds? Diamond melee in the size you're talking about is actually inexpensive - the majority of the cost is in the metalwork involved, and if you'll be incurring that cost regardless of what stone/design you choose. If you want diamonds I urge you to at least get it quoted :))

If you're drawn to light colours I vote yellow or peachy pink - bezeled in yellow or pink gold!
I agree on all counts! Diamond melee really is affordable, and I feel like it's important that you get exactly what you want for your e-ring, if a diamond is what you want--in for a penny, in for a pound, right?
I think peachy pink bezeled in yellow gold would look amazing on your ring.

If you aren't into the stones, any of those swirly designs would look really nice. I'm with you on nixing the hearts, by the way. I think it will make the ring look more sophisticated without them.

I've said it already, but this setting is GORGEOUS! I can't wait to see some handshots once you get it!

CaprineSun

Brilliant_Rock
WHOA!!! :-o How did I miss this thread!!!!!

This is the EXACT same setting I have been posting threads about!!! And you have it! SWEET!

Of course I think it is DROP DEAD GORGEOUS!

May I ask what jeweler you used? The pave work? etc? Does the jeweler have website?!

Congratulations on a stunning setting! :appl: I hope to have the same in the coming months!

CushionCutie

Rough_Rock
Since I'm in love with pink, how about pink gold accent with very light pink diamonds? :love:

Sheherizaad

Shiny_Rock
uschoney|1301645911|2884911 said:
I LOVE LOVE LOVE your ring!! are the stones cushion shaped or radiants??

Center stone is a cushion and the side stones are trapezoids ::)

Sheherizaad

Shiny_Rock
DiamondMan85|1301675065|2885206 said:
i love the ring and im a man!

thing is how much does a man have to earn to own a ring like that? how much would that cost ?! i wish i had a better job all the time

Thank You. My fiance makes a pretty decent living by most standards and is very generous partner (emotionally, physically, materially, etc), so I'm very fortunate in that regard. :love: But it's not about how much he makes, because I make about 25% more than he does a year, and none of us care about that. Were he not to give me anything, that would not change anything. He is most valuable to me....

The ring cost $16,800 all together. Now I know that is SUBSTANTIAL by most people's standards (including our own), but it has to be taken into perspective:

1) We're not doing anything (i.e. no wedding,no engagement pics, etc)
2) We're simply saving money to buy a house.
3) In the 4 years we've been together, I've never asked him for a gift. He's very generous and offers to give me gifts that are both small and sentimental and large and substantial, but I knew that I wanted only one thing from him that I could never get myself- and that is this engagement ring.

So I guess what I'm saying is it's not about the ring, it's about him, the most wonderful gift God's given me. 8)

Sheherizaad

Shiny_Rock
Okay ladies. I just wanted to say thank you so very very very very very much for your help! Everything you guys posted helped in so many many many ways, I can't even begin to describe....

I've decided...

:: drumroll ::

to go with all white with two small beaded bezels and diamonds. It was not much more expensive than I originally thought ($250 for G/H, VS2, Excellent Cut) diamonds. While in my heart of hearts, I still want a pop of color, I've decided to go the safe route. At the end of the day, if I really want color, over the years, I will simply get color in some sort of stackable interchangeable wedding bands (i.e. sapphire and diamonds, pink and white diamonds, yellow and white diamonds, etc).

I hope its the right decision. 8)

Sheherizaad

Shiny_Rock
Hi Twinkle,

My jeweler is Allen and he owns Bianca's Jewelers on 647 Lexington Avenue in NYC. He does not have a website yet (or rather he's in the process of revamping it). I'm certain he could replicate (if not get you the exact setting) again. He just bought it from a jewelery trade show recently.

I love working with Allen (have worked with him for the last 6 to 7 years), and I appreciate his patience and how he listens to me (even when he disagrees! lol).

If you want him to work with you he can be reached at (212) 308-6150. You can tell him you want to see (talk about?) the setting that Sylvia (that would be me) just got for her engagement ring.

I will make sure to post a thousand pics (lol) once I get it back from him so you (and everyone else) can get a better idea of what it will look like when it's finished.

I can't wait !!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sheherizaad|1301944940|2887592 said:
Okay ladies. I just wanted to say thank you so very very very very very much for your help! Everything you guys posted helped in so many many many ways, I can't even begin to describe....

I've decided...

:: drumroll ::

to go with all white with two small beaded bezels and diamonds. It was not much more expensive than I originally thought ($250 for G/H, VS2, Excellent Cut) diamonds. While in my heart of hearts, I still want a pop of color, I've decided to go the safe route. At the end of the day, if I really want color, over the years, I will simply get color in some sort of stackable interchangeable wedding bands (i.e. sapphire and diamonds, pink and white diamonds, yellow and white diamonds, etc).

I hope its the right decision. 8)

I love this decision! White diamonds with white diamonds is my favorite! Your idea of adding color with a band is great - you can change colors and you're not stuck with any one thing. I think you'll be very happy with this choice!

CaprineSun

Brilliant_Rock
Sheherizaad|1301945344|2887599 said:
Hi Twinkle,

My jeweler is Allen and he owns Bianca's Jewelers on 647 Lexington Avenue in NYC. He does not have a website yet (or rather he's in the process of revamping it). I'm certain he could replicate (if not get you the exact setting) again. He just bought it from a jewelery trade show recently.

I love working with Allen (have worked with him for the last 6 to 7 years), and I appreciate his patience and how he listens to me (even when he disagrees! lol).

If you want him to work with you he can be reached at (212) 308-6150. You can tell him you want to see (talk about?) the setting that Sylvia (that would be me) just got for her engagement ring.

I will make sure to post a thousand pics (lol) once I get it back from him so you (and everyone else) can get a better idea of what it will look like when it's finished.

I can't wait !!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Wow! Thank you so much for the generously helpful info! I truly appreciate it! You are so kind.
I can't wait to see more pics! It's everything I want in a ring!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring!

nysurg

Rough_Rock
what is the name of this setting? It is amazingly beautiful. I am thinking of resetting my radiant and I think that this setting would be perfect.

Sheherizaad

Shiny_Rock
Thank you!

I'm afraid I don't have a name for it but if you contact my jeweler he may be able to help you. If you want to go with another jeweler who is good, I'm sure he can replicate it if necessary

Sheherizaad

Shiny_Rock
It's here! I wasn't sure if I should start a new thread or repost the final (well almost) product in the same thread but here goes!! I'm so giddy and giggly and a blubbering fool right about now... :cheeky:

First hand shot!!

Attachments

• Close up- Hand Shot.bmp
    1 MB · Views: 377

Sheherizaad

Shiny_Rock
Side shot to show the detail work and U (v?) prongs from the side...

Attachments

• Close up- Beaded Bezel.bmp
    591.2 KB · Views: 368

Sheherizaad

Shiny_Rock
Thanks to all those who advised me on the suprise stone issue. Side shot with the stone!

Attachments

• Close up- Surprise Diamond.bmp
    628.6 KB · Views: 375

Sheherizaad

Shiny_Rock
Side profile. I think I may be able to wear a simple wedding band (1.6mm white gold) with it and not worry about damage. What do you guys think?

Attachments

• Close up- Side Profile.bmp
    1 MB · Views: 385

Sheherizaad

Shiny_Rock
Some general close ups...

Attachments

• Close up- Front.bmp
    1 MB · Views: 378
  • Close up- Front Zoom.bmp
    609.8 KB · Views: 372

Sheherizaad

Shiny_Rock
The side stones are G but my center stone is an I with strong blue flour.. I think this picture highlights the warmth in the stone. While to me, it's perfectably acceptable, I'm posting it for those who want to see an example of how "warm" a color can be indoors...

Attachments

• Close up- Warmth.bmp
    734 KB · Views: 370

Sheherizaad

Shiny_Rock
A pic that highlights the flourescence I think for those that are curious... :twirl:

Attachments

• Close up- Front with Flourescence.bmp
    751.5 KB · Views: 367

Sheherizaad

Shiny_Rock
Single sharp claws. They are practically invisible! I love them! lol

Attachments

• Close up- Front Claw Prongs.bmp
    1.1 MB · Views: 384

Sheherizaad

Shiny_Rock
I have to send it back for a little refinement in regard to the bezel. They're not as clean as I'd like it to be. There used to be a heart in the middle that was replaced with the beaded bezel suprise diamonds. And while I liked it at first, now it looks like Mickey Mouse to me! :rolleyes: Am I crazy? lol

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, that is gorgeous!!! :love: I hate to make you go to the trouble, but you really need to start a new thread! More people will see it that way!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOO! I've been waiting for these pictures!

Your ring is GORGEOUS, Sheherizaad! Just gorgeous. It looks beautiful on your hand. (Great nails, by the way. I'm quite envious, it's as if mine were made of phyllo dough, they split so easily.)

I can only see the Mickey Mouse effect now that you pointed it out, so if it bothers you I definitely think you should fix it. I think it looks perfect as is, but I know that something that niggles you now will irritate the heck out of you over time.

Either way, it's BEAUTIFUL! I'm so happy for you!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, it's just sensational! Congrats on finding the ring of your dreams!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results