shape
carat
color
clarity

First I fell in love with my fiance

Sheherizaad

Shiny_Rock
and now I've fallen in love with the ring he's given me... :appl:

What do you guys think? Still not complete (prongs still need setting etc)...

Attachments

• OMG 2.bmp
    671 KB · Views: 4,077
  • OMG 3.bmp
    566.5 KB · Views: 4,063
  • OMG 1.bmp
    1.3 MB · Views: 4,067

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
:love: :love: :love: :love:
Gorgeous!

I love your thread title, too. So sweet.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, it looks AMAZING!!!! :love: :love: :love:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that must be blinding!! :sun:

And ditto Haven - such a sweet thread ::)

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's gorgeous!! Wow, talk about bling - that's a real sparkler! Love it! :love:

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock
:love: :love: WOW Please tell us details! :love: :love:

stci

Ideal_Rock
It's fantastic when a man gave us love and diamond to proove it! What a beautiful day! Congrats! :love:

slg47

Ideal_Rock
yes, tell us more about it!!! it's gorgeous :)

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow, very beautiful indeed!!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That ring is gorgeous - please tell us about it and the stone - is it a cushion shape or perhaps a radiant?

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful! Congratulations!!!!!! :love: :love: :love:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wowsers! That man is a keeper! That is some ring!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like your subject line too. Your ring is gorgeous!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Stunning!

cheers--Sharon

Sheherizaad

Shiny_Rock
Thank you guys!!

It's so funny because it was the total opposite of what I thought I wanted. But it left me speechless (and if you guys knew me you'd know that is a RARE occurrence...lol)

The center stone is 2.35 I color VS2 with strong blue flouresence. It's rectangular in shape (square does not look good on me).

The setting believe it or not is only 0.9 (i think) in total. It is 18ct white gold. There are two trapezoids flanking each side for a total of only .30 cts. There are single row halos around the center, the trapezoids and goes down the aide of the shank. The stones are all G color VS2.

I've left the GIA certificate with the jeweler but once I get it home (two weeks or so) I will post it online.

Sheherizaad

Shiny_Rock
And I just want to say that although I rarely ask my fiancee for anything he is exceptionally generous when I do and he truly is a blessing. I'm so very thankful and blessed to have him in my life.

hearts-arrows_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is spectacular! Very Blingy, I love it! Congrats on your engagement! :appl:

Ninama

Brilliant_Rock
*gulp* wow... what a knockout! :love:

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
BLING! That thing is blinding :D Beautiful ring.

Sheherizaad

Shiny_Rock
Thank you guys! Just a quick story on what happened at my jewer's store when we were there (sorry for the lenghth!):

So Allen (my jeweler - Bianca's Jewelry in NYC on 54th and Lex by the way!) had went to a trade show and got a BUNCH of new pieces in and was like "Let me show them all to you before you go down the route of custom designing a ring". So my DF and I said sure. He shows us piece after piece according to the style I said I wanted. Everytime I looked at one I said something like "I like this a lot BUT I'd want to change xxx". So about an hour in, I end up with (and I kid you not), the top facing shank of one ring, the side facing shank of another, the head of yet another ring and the inner head of another ring. All in all, I was trying to piece four different rings into one overall ring. To say it was an undertaking is an understatement.

Okay now the fun part. Dephina one of his sales assts comes over, talks to me for about 4 minutes and says "Will you keep an open mind?" I agree because I never want to pigeon-hole myself into any one corner. She shows me three ring styles. Although I like the first two a lot, I'm still not 100 comfortable. Then she pulls out this setting and when I tried it on and put my cushion in it, saw my face, and she was like "Bingo". Apparantley I was moved to tears on top of being speechless...lol.

The best part was when they placed my cushion in there (without even adjusting the prongs or anything) just literally dropping my stone into the basket, it actually got wedged lightly enough so that when I tilted my hand upside down, it didn't come out!! lol. Like it was literally meant for the dimmensions of my stone. Allen said "In my 20+ years of experience, I have NEVER seen this happen."

It was meant to be!!! :love: Just like me and my better half!

iugurl

Shiny_Rock
WOW! I LOVE it. It is absolutely beautiful. :love:

Sheherizaad

Shiny_Rock
Hi Ladies,

I need your help!! My ring is not set yet because I have to make up mind! In the picture below (a profile pic) you'll notice there's a heart in the middle (see pink arrows) and I LOATHE hearts (childhood trauma- don't ask! lol)

So I've asked my Jeweler to replace it with something. I've narrowed it down to four budget conscious options:

A) Just simply change the heart in the middle into some other design in white gold (but no stone)?
B) Just simply change the heart in the middle into some other design in yellow gold (but no stone)?
C) Remove the heart and simply replace it with a white sapphire in white gold beaded bezel?
D) Remove the heart and simply replace it with a yellow sapphire in yellow gold beaded bezel?

I am torn with either keeping it all white or essentially doing something for a small pop of color.

What should I do??? Help!!!!! :???:

Attachments

• OMG 6.bmp
    646.8 KB · Views: 3,375

rhbgirl24

Ideal_Rock
First, that ring is absolutely STUNNING! Congrats!!

and second... I say go with another design in yellow gold. I like two tone and adds a little something. My vote would be your fiances first letter of his last name (so your married name as well) :)

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I like the idea of a little yellow gold design. An initial would be nice. I think if you put a white sapphire in there you'd be disappointed in it because the sparkle would be different than the diamonds.

pixgirl

Shiny_Rock
Add a bezel set stone in white gold - perhaps blue sapphire or white?

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh dear, I'm afraid I'm going to sound boring, but I would add another design in white gold. I don't know why exactly - I guess I just like the look of a totally white ring for an ering.

But I agree with Athena, she made a good observation IMO - you may be disappointed with a white sapphire because it will have a different look from the diamonds. But all of the other choices sound lovely, it really depends on what you like!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I adore your diamond and the setting. It's just W :love: W.

From experience, I used to love two tone rings BUT my taste has developed and I now feel that in some of the two tone rings I'm limited to what I want to wear with them. Having said that, it's so personal and others may feel completely differently.

I would be tempted to have a small bezel set diamond in the larger heart but just remove the top heart (if that makes sense).

Sheherizaad

Shiny_Rock
Thanks guys for your input. You're helping me dwindle down the options!

1) You make great points on the white sapphire not being as brilliant, so I'm "nixing" that idea.

2) I absolutely LOVED the idea of our initials, but I thought that in the future, God forbid but if we're in a fix of some kind and we need to sell it fast, it will be less marketable. (I work in Finance as does my fiance and I've heard horror stories about women selling their jewelry just to make the mortgage :(( )

3) I thought a "blue sapphire" or a "ruby" would be classic, but at the end of the day, I think I'm drawn to a "light" pop of color (i.e. the light yellows, soft pinks, soft purple, light green, etc).

4) So now it's between-

A) all white gold-no stone- (in place of the heart)

B) beaded yellow gold surrounding a yellow sapphire - (in place of the heart)

I wish I could afford diamonds, but I feel bad for my poor fiancee. He's already gone $5k over budget just to make me happy (since I was so particular).

Sheherizaad

Shiny_Rock
LovingDiamonds-

There are two hearts but they're on each side of the ring (i.e. the ring side facing the knuckle and the ring side facing the hand). But I can see how you thought that there were two hearts on one side :)

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
How about these???

19B18.jpg

whitescroll.jpg

yellowbezel.jpg

yellowscrolll.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results