shape
carat
color
clarity

First Emerald Purchase 4.30 Colombian Beauty

Efleon

Brilliant_Rock
Hi All,
I’ve been a PS member for a long time but never posted. I’m not sure why...I am an O.G. on tPF and post a lot there.
So I’m just going to jump in with both feet.
I have a nice jewelry collection but not many colored stones.
I have always been terrified of emeralds because they are soft and I’m clumsy and I’ve heard so many horror stories so I was surprised to fall in love with an emerald!
Love works in mysterious ways.
Without further ado, here she is.
Vintage all original platinum ballerina style with center 4.3 carat GIA and AGL certified F1 minimal treatment.
If you are not a ballerina style fan no worries I get it! My style is “more is more” and dainty doesn’t work on me.
I just need to decide which hand to wear her on. My right hand seems the obvious choice but for some reason she gravitated to my left.
She needs resizing so I’m still deciding.
The photos don’t capture the true green of this stone!
She makes me feel just like Elizabeth Taylor so I’m naming her Liz.
Thank you for letting me share. E6301967-9B5B-4EE1-8C39-15E6965BCDFD.jpeg AE92A9C8-DD9A-4CEF-9586-84155672B3AC.jpeg

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is a beauty indeed :kiss2:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My goodness, how gorgeous!!! Thank you for sharing this beauty :love::love::love:

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
it's magnificent!! i can see why it makes you feel like elizabeth taylor. she's a fantastic shade of green! a very glamorous ring, indeed!! i love that she is vintage and all original!
where did you find such a phenomenal emerald ring??? please do tell ...

thank you for sharing! thank you very much!

Polyhex

Brilliant_Rock
It's gorgeous and so so glamorous!!

I love the ballerina, the ballerina settings I don't like have a ton of metal showing but this one is mostly gorgeous diamonds!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Welcome to posting! You know this means you'll have to show us your collection though, right?
Pictures, pictures, and then maybe some videos followed by more pictures.:lol:
Rock on with your bad self.:love: Liz Taylor approves. Nothing wrong with more!
It's a fantabulous emerald city on the finger all the way.

Christinak

Shiny_Rock
Hi All,
I’ve been a PS member for a long time but never posted. I’m not sure why...I am an O.G. on tPF and post a lot there.
I have always been terrified of emeralds because they are soft and I’m clumsy and I’ve heard so many horror stories so I was surprised to fall in love with an emerald!
Vintage all original platinum ballerina style with center 4.3 carat GIA and AGL certified F1 minimal treatment.
If you are not a ballerina style fan no worries I get it! My style is “more is more” and dainty doesn’t work on me.
I just need to decide which hand to wear her on. My right hand seems the obvious choice but for some reason she gravitated to my left.
Thank you for letting me share. E6301967-9B5B-4EE1-8C39-15E6965BCDFD.jpeg AE92A9C8-DD9A-4CEF-9586-84155672B3AC.jpeg

Wow. Thank please share more photos. This is amazing :oops2:

Efleon

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all so much!
I appreciate your feedback.
I most definitely will post my other beauties.
The picture in my avatar is one of the other important colored gemstones I’ve recently purchased.
I am super lucky to have the most fantastic antique and vintage jeweler relatively close by....well, within a 45 minute drive.
Please message me. I am not affiliated with them in any way but think they are fantastic and I trust their judgment.

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Fabulous. I'd be wearing this lovely all day, every day!

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
I've been watching this ring FOREVER! So glad you got it and came back to share with us emerald lovers. It must be an important gem since the vendor got the AGL somewhat recently, on top of the GIA's.

LUSH!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

so don't take this the wrong way

I just wanna lick it :lol::lickout:

Its gorgeous!

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all so much!
I appreciate your feedback.
I most definitely will post my other beauties.
The picture in my avatar is one of the other important colored gemstones I’ve recently purchased.
I am super lucky to have the most fantastic antique and vintage jeweler relatively close by....well, within a 45 minute drive.
Please message me. I am not affiliated with them in any way but think they are fantastic and I trust their judgment.

how do we "message" you?? i understand there is no private message function at this forum.

if you would be good enough to share with us, would really like to know who the vintage jeweler is... unless you are uncomfortable doing so

emeraldhummingbird

Shiny_Rock
Hi All,

Wow wow wow! What a beauty!
As my screen name suggests I am a big sucker for emeralds and yours takes the cake!! :D :D :D

As for which hand to wear it on.. If you're right-handed I would suggest the left hand. Less chance of swinging it around and knocking it on things. I realised I use my right hand to rummage through my bag for things, so no soft rings will ever go on the right now.

Take care of Liz and enjoy. She is amazing!!

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I literally gasped! Liz is stunning.:kiss2:

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wowsers! What a magnificent beauty....:kiss2:

DauphineMucha

Shiny_Rock
:kiss2:! Curious if you would add more prongs to secure the emerald?

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous emerald. :love: The color really pops and I think she looks perfect in her ballerina halo.

BB75CD6C-6DDD-4BA0-9DED-B21342012343.gif

higanbanya

Shiny_Rock
This looks incredible! Love the colour, it looks so mesmerising!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
THAT’s a ring!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Dropdead GORGEOUS!

Another more is more fan :)

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous, stone, ring, bling! Love it!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
It‘s a beauty and love it’s blinged out setting. Congrats!

PS member for a long time but never posted. I’m not sure why...I am an O.G. on tPF and post a lot there.

Oh... pls create a SMTB thread to post your other beauties... :kiss2:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the emerald and the setting, thanks for sharing!

DK :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:

Yelena

Shiny_Rock
Wowee! Liz is a great name for her because she’s got glamour in spades.

May I ask what is tPF? If you cannot say because it would break some sort of rule for this forum, that’s totally cool.

Thanks so much for sharing. If you’ll excuse me now, I am going to go back and stare at your photos of Liz for a bit longer. :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

finerthings

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, that color is amazing, and with those icy white diamonds... holy smokes!! Congrats!

Efleon

Brilliant_Rock
how do we "message" you?? i understand there is no private message function at this forum.

if you would be good enough to share with us, would really like to know who the vintage jeweler is... unless you are uncomfortable doing so

Thank you for letting me know there is no messaging (if there are any other rules I should know, please tell me).

I would love to introduce you all to them.
They are Badis Jewelers.
I have always loved jewelry but had limited knowledge.
They patiently showed me different antique and vintage pieces and ignited my passion for it.
I’ve learned so much just by stopping by and visiting their store.
Not only are they knowledgeable and have a magnificent inventory of antique jewelry, they will also custom anything you can think of.
They have an eBay store and a brick and mortar store.
I’ve purchased a lot of important pieces from them and I’m entirely happy.
If any of you ever need another set of eyeballs on one of their pieces that your flirting with I’m happy to have an excuse to go in to their store and give you additional info (again, I’m not affiliated, I just think they are super good people).
Oh and PS I will post my other pieces here as soon as I can!
Thank you all for being so kind....I really like it here :love:

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Stunning ring! The emerald is to die for, and I love, LOVE, LOVE the ballerina setting. It looks gorgeous on you, as well. Congratulations!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wowsers, it’s gorgeous :kiss2:

Yelena

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for letting me know there is no messaging (if there are any other rules I should know, please tell me).

I would love to introduce you all to them.
They are Badis Jewelers.
I have always loved jewelry but had limited knowledge.
They patiently showed me different antique and vintage pieces and ignited my passion for it.
I’ve learned so much just by stopping by and visiting their store.
Not only are they knowledgeable and have a magnificent inventory of antique jewelry, they will also custom anything you can think of.
They have an eBay store and a brick and mortar store.
I’ve purchased a lot of important pieces from them and I’m entirely happy.
If any of you ever need another set of eyeballs on one of their pieces that your flirting with I’m happy to have an excuse to go in to their store and give you additional info (again, I’m not affiliated, I just think they are super good people).
Oh and PS I will post my other pieces here as soon as I can!
Thank you all for being so kind....I really like it here :love:

Thanks so much for the information. I am relatively new to PS as well and so far I have found that I really like it to. It’s wonderful to find a community of like minded jewellery lovers.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results