shape
carat
color
clarity

First diamond purchase for an engagement ring

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think a 179 post for a .4-.5 stone is an all-time record (in not a good way). I think you have burnt out the helpful PSers. They
probably left the room for a breath of fresh air! Hopefully, they'll be back but you really need to keep that in mind
@Vladovici . Good luck...I hope you find your perfect stone!

Vladovici

Shiny_Rock
I don't understand the lighting set up on this one. Can't give an informed opinion.
Are you looking at purchasing this one or is this your insatiable diamond curiosity at play? :lol:

what bout both?
I think a 179 post for a .4-.5 stone is an all-time record (in not a good way). I think you have burnt out the helpful PSers. They
probably left the room for a breath of fresh air! Hopefully, they'll be back but you really need to keep that in mind
@Vladovici . Good luck...I hope you find your perfect stone!

#182 now. we've also chit-chatted:)
theres also the other thread opened by the italian friend, #107 posts so far
this may just be the new standard :)

guess is a good sign that people want to make an informed decision and find out more, regardless of the size / value :razz:

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
what bout both?

guess is a good sign that people want to make an informed decision and find out more, regardless of the size / value :razz:
I don't want to be rude, but since English is not your mother tongue (as it is not mine), I think you didn't get what PSers are telling you: they're fed up with this thread.
1) If it is about knowledge, there are hundreds informative threads on Pricescope: take your time to read and learn.
2) If it is about purchasing, no one is forcing you to buy the recommended diamonds, but asking the same question over and over again, won't change the answers: you've been given some beautiful options within your budget and within shipping restrictions/rules to Romania, so it's time to make a choice on your own.
3) Just remember that PSers are helping you for free: both evaluating diamonds and posting take a lot of time, so be respectful both of others' time and opinion.
4) About the video: premise is that diamonds are not light sources, they're cut to reflect light; so, despite the horrid LED lighting, in my opinion the diamond looks nice.
Again I didn't want to be rude, I'm just an European helping another European.
Best to you,
 purplesilk

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the VS1 that love dogs found better. Cut is just a little tighter.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
what bout both?

I think you get my point @Vladovici . Many Pricescopers have told you along the way that you need to pick a stone or, you
are getting bogged down by analysis paralysis but I don't think you picked up on the fact that PSers are getting worn out.

BTW...chit-chat is ok in my book but there has been very little on this thread. And, I agree that every stone (no matter
size/price) deserves a good scrutiny (within reason.)

Again, wishing you good luck in finding a stone soon!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The video of the new one isn't helpful at all and I can't tell anything

Vladovici

Shiny_Rock
I'll answer to everyone.

I don't want to be rude, but since English is not your mother tongue (as it is not mine), I think you didn't get what PSers are telling you: they're fed up with this thread.
1) If it is about knowledge, there are hundreds informative threads on Pricescope: take your time to read and learn.
2) If it is about purchasing, no one is forcing you to buy the recommended diamonds, but asking the same question over and over again, won't change the answers: you've been given some beautiful options within your budget and within shipping restrictions/rules to Romania, so it's time to make a choice on your own.
3) Just remember that PSers are helping you for free: both evaluating diamonds and posting take a lot of time, so be respectful both of others' time and opinion.
4) About the video: premise is that diamonds are not light sources, they're cut to reflect light; so, despite the horrid LED lighting, in my opinion the diamond looks nice.
Best to you,
 purplesilk
Should I open a new thread then? :))))
jokes aside,
1) I have read a lot of them, years old thread, posts by r. Garry, Karl_K, Rhino, etc. all very informative, trying to make sense of everything.
Thanks for your opinion on video.
I like the VS1 that love dogs found better. Cut is just a little tighter.

The video shared by Drive is actually the one that lovedogs found, the VS1 (not the VVS1). link below.

I think you get my point @Vladovici . Many Pricescopers have told you along the way that you need to pick a stone or, you
are getting bogged down by analysis paralysis but I don't think you picked up on the fact that PSers are getting worn out.

BTW...chit-chat is ok in my book but there has been very little on this thread. And, I agree that every stone (no matter
size/price) deserves a good scrutiny (within reason.)

Again, wishing you good luck in finding a stone soon!

thanks once again for your opinion.
Being overthinking about numbers may be a professional defect for me and combined with my OCD...it's no surprise for me that so i've got "stuck" over analyzing everything :razz:

The video of the new one isn't helpful at all and I can't tell anything

thanks! there s no possibility to get a better one sadly. was sort of disappointed as well.

Vladovici

Shiny_Rock

Best to you,
 purplesilk

about your 3rd point, I think I have been very polite to everyone, have not been rude or sarcastic in any way towards everybody's opinions and have expressed my gratitude for the time they took to read and reply.

once again, thank you!

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
Being overthinking about numbers may be a professional defect for me and combined with my OCD...it's no surprise for me that so i've got "stuck" over analyzing everything :razz:

I get your frustration.
The tight proposal schedule, shipping restrictions, VAT, the impossibility of inspecting with your own eyes before buying, but also the desire of giving your gf a beautiful engagement ring...
You have two options:
1) postpone the diamond purchasing, till you get what you really love; for the proposal you can get a plain band or a thin diamond band which can be later used as a wedding band or worn on the right hand;
2) pick the best diamond you can afford now (0.46 F VS1 founded by @lovedogs):
-if you like the diamond, happy ending;
-if the stone isn't meeting you expectations, you can give it back and start a new research.

I really really sympathize with you, but I think to need to relax: it's not world first problem and it can be solved without huge money loss.
Wishing you the best,
purplesilk

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
about your 3rd point, I think I have been very polite to everyone, have not been rude or sarcastic in any way towards everybody's opinions and have expressed my gratitude for the time they took to read and reply.

once again, thank you!

I didn't say you were rude!
I really appreciate the effort and time you put on replying to every single post.
In my opinion you didn't get the toughness of some last answers: as not English mother tongue, I think you translated literally but you lost the tone.
Just my opinion.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'll answer to everyone.

Should I open a new thread then? :))))
jokes aside,
1) I have read a lot of them, years old thread, posts by r. Garry, Karl_K, Rhino, etc. all very informative, trying to make sense of everything.
Thanks for your opinion on video.

The video shared by Drive is actually the one that lovedogs found, the VS1 (not the VVS1). link below.

thanks once again for your opinion.

thanks! there s no possibility to get a better one sadly. was sort of disappointed as well.

I'm so confused. The Google Drive video that's hard to see stuff is the .46 I recommended? Or a new stone?

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
I'm so confused. The Google Drive video that's hard to see stuff is the .46 I recommended? Or a new stone?

I, too, am confused.
In general, it’s better to provide us with all the relevant information before you ask us to opine.

Vladovici

Shiny_Rock

Yes, the google drive video is the one you have recommended, the f/vs1.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results