shape
carat
color
clarity

First CAD...would love input!

girlyglam

Shiny_Rock
I have my first CAD for my ring! But, I would love love love input on it.

So, I know a lot of people are already familiar, but as a reminder, what I had originally wanted was a combination of two different rings. Essentially, I wanted this design:
_35913.jpg

However, I wanted sapphires where the diamonds are, and where the emeralds are, I wanted a halo with each diamond in its own individual "section" as seen in this ring:
halo_1.jpg

I've just gotten an email with the top view that was created. I was told that they could not fit the individual halo design I wanted because there was not enough room for 4 stones and 3 stones was too little. They could have made the stones bigger so 3 stones wouldnt have any gap but then it would protrude out and be bulky, which is something I had already expressed concern about (I don't want this to look too bulky). So, this is what they came up with to try and meet my desire for a non-standard, non-bulky halo.
jennifer_ko_marq_halo_wip.png

I know tastes and styles are very personal things, but I would LOVE to hear what you think.

Also, on a different but related note, I had originally wanted the ring to sit up a bit so that a band could fit underneath, though I would not need a band to sit flush with the ring. I was thinking that sometime in the future, I'd love to get a ruby stacker to wear with it to symbolize my cousin who passed away (she was a July baby). They said they can do it, but I need to keep in mind that when I'm not wearing a band with it, the engagement will still be raised up. I realize this, of course, but now I'm questioning if this is the best idea or not? I don't generally mind a higher profile, but I don't want anything too high. They also told me that the other option is to cut a notch underneath for where the band can sit. However, in that case, they would have to make the band now before they finish this ring, and I wasn't really planning to get a band anytime soon. Thoughts?

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks really pretty. Did the they send a profile view? I like how the little round diamonds make a scalloped edge.

I love that marquise inspiration ring and the modifications you're making. I wish they'd send CADs in real colors though, instead of the crayon colors :wall:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
As long as those 'wings' for lack of a better word at 3 and 9 are wrapped into the shank like the inspiration ring, I think it looks fantastic.

You need several different perspectives. Profile. Side. 3/4.

Not just top view.

girlyglam

Shiny_Rock
Thank you both! I don't have any other views of it yet - I think they just sent me the top view to begin with since it is different from what I had asked for, and they wanted to get my OK with what they came up with. Gypsy, I will make sure the "wings" are wrapped into the shank - I agree, I definitely want that! I'll post the other views when I get them...thanks again!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looking good. I agree with the mq shapes on the sides being wrapped into the shank. I'm very interested to see the profile

PattyCo

Brilliant_Rock
WoW! They did a good job. This is going to be such a beautiful ring. I can hardly wait, lol!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love it! I really would not raise it up. Bands are harder to wear with a marquise without the head being too high or having a big gap. I'd wear a ruby band with other stacking bands instead.

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock
hi - looks good! I would ask for mm dimensions length wise and make a paper model. That might be helpful.
Looks ike its 16mm by 16mm wide if each sq is one mm. I love doing paper models so I can tell the scale on my hand.

I personally wouldn't raise it up to wear a band with this type of design, but that is just my two cents :) if you want to incorporate rubies, maybe switch the sapphires to rubies instead?

I would also ask ilya if he can give you a rendering too after it is completed since you have mentioned CAd's are not your forte'

girlyglam

Shiny_Rock
DiamondSeeker and ArtDecoLover - thank you so much for your input on the profile! Ilya also said that he wouldn't recommend trying to wear a band with this ring, so I'm going to forget about that idea. As much as I wanted it, I also had some concerns about it and how high it would potentially sit up...it's actually good to hear confirmation of what I was thinking, even if it doesn't completely fit into the idea I had in my mind. I definitely want to keep it with sapphires, but as DiamondSeeker said, I can always wear a ruby band with other stackers. :D I'm excited to see how this shapes up!

VirginiaZee

Shiny_Rock
I love this! Looking forward to seeing this project unfold.

Fancygems

Brilliant_Rock
I love these marquise style rings lately :appl:

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it looks great!

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous design!! Love sapphire stones in settings. I think with this style, the lower set option is most elegant. Can't wait to see more pics of the process.

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock
Hi! Any other views or updates yet? checking in :) :wavey:

girlyglam

Shiny_Rock
artdecolover71|1453807901|3981634 said:
Hi! Any other views or updates yet? checking in :) :wavey:

Thanks for checking in! Nothing yet...I last emailed Ilya late Thursday night and said that I thought it looked great so far. I'm hoping I get other views today. I've actually been debating sending an email asking for an update, but I'm trying to be patient and not annoying. So difficult though!

girlyglam

Shiny_Rock
Does anyone think it will be rude to email asking for an update? The last communication we had was a week ago, which I know isn't actually that long ago in the scheme of things. I want to check in, but I don't want to come across as rude/impatient/demanding.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Go for it. I would do it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results