shape
carat
color
clarity

Fireworks illegally sold in NYC by IDJ

pr0pel

Rough_Rock
Now that I have your attention.. full story below

tl;dr: Wanted 2ctw tennis bracelet, settled for 3ctw 3-prong, received 3ctw and the fireworks from the sparkle lit up my face.

Full story:

So a few weeks ago, I decided it was time to treat DW to a nice gift. We're going to celebrate our 10 year anniversary next year and our oldest child will be 7 right around our 9 year anniversary this year. Other than the engagement ring and wedding band, I have not treated her to something substantial , bad me, I know :bigsmile:

I thought about upgrading the engagement ring band which is currently a Vatche Royal Crown. She has mentioned she liked halo's and a pave setting so I started looking at various settings but soon came to realize the bling needed to be bigger since we were going to a big family wedding in a few months and obviously, she deserves bigger sooner rather than later.

So down the road I went looking for a tennis bracelet. She told me many years ago that she always wanted one but I couldn't afford something that would be substantial and I didn't want to settle on something from the mall. So here we are 9 years later and after reading many threads on PS about tennis bracelets, all signs pointed me to IDJ (especially after looking at prices from the other frequently mentioned vendors). Full disclosure: our engagement ring and diamond is from WF.

I sent an email to IDJ and asked about a PS quality (F/G SI) 6.5" 2ctw or 3ctw 14k bracelet and after a few back and forth pleasant emails with Shulamit, I asked to go ahead with the 2ctw 3 prong bracelet. A few hours later, she replied back if I wanted to reconsider the 3ctw for a small upgrade fee and through the readings I've done here, everyone always said if you can afford the bigger one, might as well go for it since it is not something you want to upgrade later on. Since the upgrade to 3ctw wasn't that much higher than 2ctw and still LESS than the 2ctw at the other vendors, I went ahead with the order.

A few weeks later, I opened up the package and WOW, the fireworks hit me in the face. This bracelet makes my eyes hurt. It is super sparkly and very well made. I couldn't have made a better choice. I will let the following speak for themselves but if you are in the market for a tennis bracelet, I'm going to sound like an echo with the others here but highly consider emailing IDJ.

dsc_2029.jpg dsc_2030.jpg dsc_2023.jpg dsc_2022.jpg

Video of the fireworks:

https://www.dropshots.com/pr0pel/date/2016-06-23/14:54:42

tracylt

Shiny_Rock
Oh wow. What a beautiful bracelet! Happy anniversary to you and your wife! (BTW, you got me with your subject. :wall: )

Q

Queenie60

Absolutely beautiful. Thank you for sharing and Happy Anniversary! :love:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy anniversary!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

I have a 3 prong tennis bracelet from IDJ, too, and it truly IS a fireworks show!!! :love: :love: :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What an absolutely fabulous gift!!! :love: That is SO thoughtful of you to want her to have it before that upcoming wedding where she can really enjoy wearing it! Not many men think of that kind of thing! I am so glad that you upgraded it to 3 cts, too!!! :appl: She is going to be SO thrilled with this beautiful gift!!!

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh my! It's sooooo beautiful!
Congratulations to you both :appl:

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that is GORGEOUS and BLINDING. You are a very smart and sweet husband :angel: Congrats!

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a thoughtful and amazing gift.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
However, you might should have titled it "Fireworks Legally Sold in NYC by IDJ". ;))

Fulvia

Shiny_Rock
This subject line had me worried!!!!! But this bracelet is a total smoke show: beautifully crafted and blingy. Good job!

pr0pel

Rough_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1466717110|4047270 said:
However, you might should have titled it "Fireworks Legally Sold in NYC by IDJ". ;))

I thought about it but people might not know that fireworks are illegal in NYC. Either way, thanks for the comments everyone. The bracelet is truly amazing.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! :love: :love: So bright and sparkly!! Hope you love every minute of wearing it.

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful bracelet! :love: It's gorgeous! Well done! :clap:

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
LOVE the title!

And the tennis bracelet certainly lives up to it! :appl:

Absolutely stunning! :love: What a lucky wife!

Please come back with wrist shots!

*scuttles off to email IDJ* :Up_to_something: :devil:

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous, beautiful gift. Happy Anniversary!

P

PierreBear

So wonderful to hear the story from a husband's point of view. Very sweet and I'm sure she will enjoy it! Very beautiful!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How nice of you!! The bracelet is gorgeous!! :appl:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats, that is a beauty!.. :love:

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think every diamond collecting lady should have a 3 ct. tennis bracelet. They're not too big but then again, they're definitely not tiny! I have one and I think they' re a *just right* size. Congrats on the beautiful bracelet.

luv2sparkles

Rough_Rock
Beautiful bracelet!! What a lucky wife, not many husband are thoughtful like you. :appl: :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results