shape
carat
color
clarity

FireGoddess''s PS 10K gift

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jfo

Brilliant_Rock
What beautiful new studs! I love the bezel setting. Congrats!
36.gif

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
FG: Congrats on the new additions to the jewelry collection! I really like the way the bezel studs look. And additional thanks for the extra info about changing hair colors. Unlike Ally I never had you pegged as a redhead, but I really like the latest color!!

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/12/2007 8:18:24 PM
Author: FireGoddess

I''m glad that seeing them helped you butterfly! What size stones are you gonna go for?

Hi,
I actually picked out two .33 pointers, H VS2, one is an ACA and the other is an Expert Selection. They were the two that matched the most, but I saw they have a pair of .39 F VS2 ES, so I was thinking about whether to get those instead.

I know the bezel adds to the size so I am not sure if I should just go for the larger set or not. I am getting the semi prong bangle bracelet that Mara got as well, so I don''t want to spend too much money!

I had a set a while ago that signed pieces made for me, but I lost one of the earrings and I always wanted to replace it with a new larger set!

I should post the picture of the bezel earrings Traci sent me, they are so unattractive compared to yours, yours are beautiful!!!!

Siamese Kitty

Brilliant_Rock
GORGEOUS-I love them!!!
30.gif
30.gif
(Must resist the urge to upgrade....)

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I LOVELOVELOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE them!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

I have the T&Co. 10ctw platinum bezel baby studs and I adore them. BUT OH! ACA melee would be EVEN better! YUM-O! WOW, WF did a great job replicating the T&Co ones, for sure! From the photos they look virtually identical!

Must. Have. More. Pictures. PLEEEZE???!!

CONGRATULATIONS and ENJOY, my friend!

xoxoxo
Lynn

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
hehe Butterfly I guess it depends on how much more the Fs are than the Hs, since you'd be going up in color and a few points in size so the difference might be somewhat significant? I had a choice between F ACAs and I ESs and I went with the Fs. They were both the same ctw, but the Is were VS2 and the Fs were SI1...and I went for color over clarity.

Lynn thanks sweetie! I will definitely try to get more shots for you. Those were done in my kitchen without playing with lighting and stuff...gotta get some more pics of the fantastic sparkle off these things. I swear, even dirty they sparkle more than some other stones I have when those are clean!!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/11/2007 6:38:46 PM

Date: 6/11/2007 6:34:55 PM
Author: aljdewey
I think we should celebrate - WITH KEY LIME PIE! Yeah!
36.gif
Mmmmmm girl, that's what I'm talkin' 'bout.
18.gif
Woo-hoo - let's GO then!

(ETA: Ok - don't know why pic won't show here, but you can click on it attached!)

Road trip!

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Oh FG they are beautiful!
1.gif
And they look soooooo much like Tiff''s

I''ve acutally been pricing these out myself. I was going to go w/ thediamond.com like wallermama''s too, but I really want ACA. I had WF give me a quote for them and I thought they were pretty high
7.gif
They were very very close in price to T&Co''s. I tried on .16 ctw at Tiff''s and loved that size, so I just wonder if the price I was given was because they are custom bezels. I really hope they begin to make the bezels as part of their collection.

Thanks for sharing pics, please show us some more
31.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Butterfly, out of curiosity, I would love to see what the bezels that WF showed you looked like. I haven't been a fan of bezels in the past (the really thick ones) but I LOVE these so MUCH!

Asschergirl, I am really surprised that WF's quote came in close to Tiffany's prices...that doesn't seem right to me. In my experience, I believe I paid a smidge UNDER what thediamond.com sells a comparable pair for, and theirs definitely aren't ACAs!! Not to mention mine were handmade at WF since they're a custom job at the moment. Okay, I just went to Tiff's website. I priced out a pair of Elsa Peretti studs F color, just under my carat weight, (but way overkill on the clarity at VVS)...and they're close to 3.5X what I paid at WF! So...something seems wrong with the price you got? I'd check again. Theirs are platinum, but I wanted 18K wg. (Also - I just thought that, at a smaller ctw, perhaps the cost of the setting is a higher %age of the total cost since they are custom made at the moment...but I definitely got a way better price than Tiffany's!)

Alj...let's GO!!! Sweet, tart key lime pie. mmmmm (I couldn't see your pic in the attachment, but I took the liberty of imagining what it might look like...)

klpmmmfg.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
FG I don''t know if I posted earlier... but I LOVE YOUR EARRINGS! They are PERFECT. Great choice... and I love the bezel!

You more than deserve it.

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Okay FG, here is the original picture that I got from Traci. See how big and chunky the side profile looks? Yours seem to go into the ear more and not stick out as much.

I actually just spoke to her today about checking out the F VS2''s for me, but I think I am going with the HVS2''s b/c they seem better matched. If anything, I am a very matchy matchy person.

fullbezelearring_edited.jpg

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi FG, I was very surprised too. Now I did get my quote in platinum so that may have something to do w/ it.

WF''s quote for .20 ctw ACA was double the price of thediamond.com .25 ctw non-ACA. Do you really think ACA has that much of a premium?

They were both quoted the same color and clarity and both in Platinum.

You might be right though on the whole small ctw thing compared to the item as a whole.

3hearts

Shiny_Rock
I LOVE THEM !!!!!!
face23.gif
Totally matches my ring..... I wish I would have thought to bezel my studs before I upgraded
6.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Asschergirl - I don't know that the ACAs have such a premium attached to them pricewise which would make your quote more expensive than Scheiner or Tiff's, but I do know that the settings were about twice the cost of the regular WF stock settings because they were custom, so that is a big chunk of a smaller budget right there... You could also lower the price with ES stones, or lower it even more with RSG (ready set go) stones if you don't plan on upgrading them. In the end, with studs, well cut stones are key since they get dirty faster than rings in my experience and you still want to see sparkle! It came down to the fact that I didn't have enough cut info from Scheiner other than they were 'very good' to sway me in that direction once I saw WF's quote.

Butterfly those look like the regular bezel settings - and yes, they are definitely more bulky in the profile! I definitely prefer the fine bezels. I think no matter which you choose, F or H, they will be gorgeous!

Thank you 3 hearts. Don't worry...there's always birthdays...anniversarys....hehehehe.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FireGoddess,

The earrings are simply beautiful. The setting is classic and elegant and makes the stones look enormous. You do, indeed, have great taste...but that comes as no surprise to those of us who have watched you post over the years! I hope you wear them happily and frequently!

Deb
34.gif

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
fg,

congrats on the 10k posts. it''s so nice to have you here on ps!! i love the new studs!!!
30.gif

they look so much bigger than 0.40ct! good job!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/11/2007 4:36:40 PM

Date: 6/11/2007 3:35:18 PM
Author: Stone Hunter
WOW FG

Congrats on making 10 thousand posts!!!

LOVE LOVE LOVE your choice. Perfect.

Thank you for the ear shot. I wondered if you had a 2nd hole and how that would look. What size is the 2nd earing?
The 2nd earring is actually a piercing earring (I had a 2nd hole in 1 ear but not the other, and just got them ''evened up'') and it is 3mm diameter. For reference, the ACAs are about 4.75 mm across, though they look far bigger in comparison.
THANKS the ACA''s do look stunning on your ears.

cutey TT

Shiny_Rock
WOW, those are gorgeous! I love how delicate the setting is. I''m helping my sister look for some earrings currently, and just sent her this thread to look at.

Congrats~!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats FG - they look wonderful and you deserve them
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love ''em.
36.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations FG - your new bezel studs are terriific!!! I had 1/3 carat each bezel set studs for many years but when I got my bigger martini set earrings I gave those to my daughter. You make me want them back!
39.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/15/2007 8:23:54 PM
Author: Sundial
Congratulations FG - your new bezel studs are terriific!!! I had 1/3 carat each bezel set studs for many years but when I got my bigger martini set earrings I gave those to my daughter. You make me want them back!
39.gif
Only if you have 2 sets of piercings - your 2.5 ctw are the big fairy godmother to mine!!! Have them sprinkle fairy dust on mine so they grow up to be just as big!!!
30.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/15/2007 8:39:19 PM

Date: 6/15/2007 8:23:54 PM
Author: Sundial
39.gif
Only if you have 2 sets of piercings - your 2.5 ctw are the big fairy godmother to mine!!! Have them sprinkle fairy dust on mine so they grow up to be just as big!!!
30.gif
Well I have to say that your new studs look like quite an impressive size. Maybe I should have my upgrade ones put in bezels!
3.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I keep coming back to this thread, I really love your new earrings!!! Any chance we can get some more pics? I never seem to be satisfied with the number of pics LOL!!!

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I love your earrings. They are very pretty. I''ve been wanting bezel set sapphire earrings for a long time now. Just seeing yours really makes me want some NOW.
36.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Oh yay! Your thin bezel earrings are gorgeous! I''m glad others can easily buy these settings too.

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Wow....I love that setting! I wish it wasn''t so expensive for just the setting. Do you think they will come out with these in the Ready Set Go earring?

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
They look great and I love the setting and how the sit on the ear.

Good choice!
2.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/27/2007 6:55:27 PM
Author: Jelly
Wow....I love that setting! I wish it wasn''t so expensive for just the setting. Do you think they will come out with these in the Ready Set Go earring?
I guess it''s expensive because it''s still being done hand made. But maybe that will change in the future? They told me it was a very popular design, so we can definitely hope!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results