shape
carat
color
clarity

Finger shrinkage

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Round Halo Lover

Shiny_Rock
I''ve just been looking at the real life perspective thread and am now oficially DEPRESSED with all the tiny fingers (and of course, all the lovely bling-a-ling)!!

Anyone have any tips on how to induce finger shrinkage
28.gif

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
finger lypo! I''ve been thinking about that myself. My plat. band will be too small this summer with swelling fingers, so that has become my motivation to lose some extra lbs
3.gif
I was in a jewelry store the other day and a gal was getting her promise ring sized. The sales clerk was "explaining" to her how right and left hands are different sizes. She then says, "for example, your left hand is only a size 3 (looks over at her boyfriend then looks back at the girl) while your right hand is a size 4" I wasn''t sure if I wanted to laugh at her obvious, and obviously missed by the girl, hint or drool at her TINY fingers

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are lots of us larger size fingers out there too! We are just not as vocal I guess. (Size 7.75)

Venice

Brilliant_Rock
Sadly, even liposuction wouldn''t work for me.
8.gif
It''s my knuckles that are on the large size!

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Long nails will give you ''optical'' lipo.
3.gif

lil425

Shiny_Rock
I have size 7.5 finger and I wish I could shrink them. No matter what I weigh my finger never goes below this size

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I always thought that my size 5-5.5 finger was small, compared to my friends anyway. Then I joined PS and was amazed by all the 2''s and 3''s!

MrsDubDeez

Rough_Rock
Trade
upgrade?
31.gif

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear size 5.5 - 6, and always thought this was small until I found Pricescope. I'm so envious of all the 3s and 4s!
32.gif

So Excited

Shiny_Rock
7 1/2 here... I''m with ya on the jealousy of the tiny fingers.

I''ve decided that its just time to buy BIGGER DIAMONDS and deal with it that way... haha..
36.gif
9.gif

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 2/26/2010 8:44:55 PM
Author: MrsDubDeez
upgrade?
31.gif
!
I like how you think: change the external, not the internal!

Gleam

Brilliant_Rock
I have a size 4 finger, pretty small... but there are some TINY size 3 fingers here!!!! I haven''t seen any 2''s, though. Who are the size 2 PSers?

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2010 1:29:29 PM
Author: Gleam
I have a size 4 finger, pretty small... but there are some TINY size 3 fingers here!!!! I haven't seen any 2's, though. Who are the size 2 PSers?

I think Kittybean is a 2.5 and maybe Labratphd too. And they both have gorgeous rings - go check them out!

I like the external, not internal change approach too! Ladies, remember - having bigger fingers is a definite advantage in that you can wear MUCH bigger carat sizes (and have a great reason for getting that 4 ct.
2.gif
)

ETA: Oops, Kittybean might be a 3 (lol which is still tiny!) but Labrat is a 2.5 - Labrat's e-ring thread

LabRatPhD

Shiny_Rock
I have a size 4 finger, pretty small... but there are some TINY size 3 fingers here!!!! I haven''t seen any 2''s, though. Who are the size 2 PSers?

I am a 2.25 (however my ring is sized to a 2.5) so do I count?
3.gif

Round Halo Lover - having fingers my size is pretty crappy. I have never been able to wear fun costume jewelry rings and can never really try on rings in jewelry stores. I have no clue how things will look on my finger because there is usually nothing available in anywhere near my size! I''m also limited by what styles I can wear - no 3 stones for me!

karpouzi

Shiny_Rock
7.5 here... my fingers aren''t fat, I just have huge hands. (Size 11 feet, too.) No way to shrink them, so I just wear what I want.

I don''t even know what a size 2, 3, 4 ring would look like. Would it fit one of my toes? Who was the PSer who got custom diamond toe rings?

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2010 4:23:09 PM
Author: karpouzi
7.5 here... my fingers aren't fat, I just have huge hands. (Size 11 feet, too.) No way to shrink them, so I just wear what I want.

I don't even know what a size 2, 3, 4 ring would look like. Would it fit one of my toes? Who was the PSer who got custom diamond toe rings?

Mara.

ETA: Mara's thread

cara

Ideal_Rock
Mara's toe rings

ETA: BEG beat me to it! I got distracted rereading the thread...

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
When I got engaged, my finger size was 6.75, and it never entered my mind that I had large fingers. Fast forward 18 years, 4 kids, and loads of PS time, and I''m now a 7.25. I really don''t think it''s a big deal though, and what bothers me more than the finger size, is the fluctuation. I can go from a 6.75 to a 7.5, all in the course of one day - it''s not just seasonal. So my rings are either spinning or they''re leaving marks. Bleh - I need a stretchy ring!

karpouzi

Shiny_Rock
Ha, thanks for linking that thread! It was Mara I was thinking of.

The rings are a size 3.75 (wow bigger than some of the gals fingers on here, scary huh?!), 2mm each with 43 F/G 1.1mm ACA melee stones in each ring. They are REALLY delicate, in the WF pictures they look very substantial but you can see on my feet they are TINY!

clgwli

Brilliant_Rock
Having child sized hands isn''t always fun. Not only do I have small finger size, I have very limited space on my fingers to wear a ring. I have tried on quite a few of larger rings and they don''t fit. I can''t always get rings sized to fit if they come in the standard size 7. When trying out rings to wear with my anniversary ring, it was nearly impossible to tell how they would actually look.

My jeweler said most people wear about a size 7 in the US. So to me a size 7 isn''t large. A size 5 and below is small... and not always something to covet. Sure I can wear a smaller stone and make it look larger, but when it comes to standard rings or stacking I am highly limited.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Luckyhonu - 2.25
23.gif

Round Halo Lover

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the replies everyone!

I went engagement ring shopping yesterday. I tried on a drool-worthy 2.2ct E colour solitare which I just LOVE (I''m a finger size 7.5, small pudgy hands and to top it all off the nail on my ring finger broke the night before)!!!

However, I asked the SA to try it on so I could see it ffrom afar and it looked soooooooo HUGE on her hand.
7.gif
29.gif

SparklyRing

Shiny_Rock
I agree with LabRatPhD and clgwli. I wear size 2.25 to 2.5 (depending on the weather, time of day, if I''m hot or cold) and I was never able to wear costume jewelry rings when I was in college. I''m not engaged yet, but when my BF got my promise ring, we had to wait a month for them to custom make the ring in my size. So there are definitely annoying parts of having very small fingers.

Of course, the good news is that my BF can get better finger coverage for a lower price. My promise ring has a 0.1 diamond, but it looks like a 0.33 on me. Originally, I wanted a 1 carat RB as an ering, but I tried on an ideal cut 1ct in a store and it took up almost my entire finger. I do love finger coverage, but it was way too much for my personal tastes. In addition to being small, my fingers are also long and thin, so the 1ct just didn''t look right to me. Now we''re looking at the 0.8 - 0.9 range.

I''m disappointed though. I am a perfectionist and have always wanted a 1ct RB since I was little just because it is a nice whole number. However, my fingers could never pull one off.

I think my BF likes my small fingers more than I do.
3.gif

cally

Rough_Rock
I hear you with that one. I''m a 7.5-8, and I always thought that was fine, until coming here. I didn''t even know people had sizes in the 2s, 3s, and 4s!

Round Halo Lover

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/28/2010 3:03:40 PM
Author: cally
I hear you with that one. I''m a 7.5-8, and I always thought that was fine, until coming here. I didn''t even know people had sizes in the 2s, 3s, and 4s!
ya........sigh

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/27/2010 4:45:35 PM
Author: cellentani
When I got engaged, my finger size was 6.75, and it never entered my mind that I had large fingers. Fast forward 18 years, 4 kids, and loads of PS time, and I''m now a 7.25. I really don''t think it''s a big deal though, and what bothers me more than the finger size, is the fluctuation. I can go from a 6.75 to a 7.5, all in the course of one day - it''s not just seasonal. So my rings are either spinning or they''re leaving marks. Bleh - I need a stretchy ring!

Cellentani - I know how you feel about that. I wear a 6.5....half the time all three of my rings are spinning around annoyingly, and the rest of the time they''re uncomfortably tight. Sometimes I even have to take my ering off and put it on my right hand for relief (I''m left handed, so my right hand is smaller - it''s a 5.75 - go figure...if I was right handed I could say I have small-ish fingers).

Hey that brings up a question: most people are right handed, which means that their wedding ring hand is likely smaller than the other one...thus they are able to size their rings for the smallest of their hands. I have a 3/4 size difference between my hands, what about everyone else?

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/28/2010 1:35:59 PM
Author: SparklyRing
I agree with LabRatPhD and clgwli. I wear size 2.25 to 2.5 (depending on the weather, time of day, if I''m hot or cold) and I was never able to wear costume jewelry rings when I was in college. I''m not engaged yet, but when my BF got my promise ring, we had to wait a month for them to custom make the ring in my size. So there are definitely annoying parts of having very small fingers.

Of course, the good news is that my BF can get better finger coverage for a lower price. My promise ring has a 0.1 diamond, but it looks like a 0.33 on me. Originally, I wanted a 1 carat RB as an ering, but I tried on an ideal cut 1ct in a store and it took up almost my entire finger. I do love finger coverage, but it was way too much for my personal tastes. In addition to being small, my fingers are also long and thin, so the 1ct just didn''t look right to me. Now we''re looking at the 0.8 - 0.9 range.

I''m disappointed though. I am a perfectionist and have always wanted a 1ct RB since I was little just because it is a nice whole number. However, my fingers could never pull one off.

I think my BF likes my small fingers more than I do.
3.gif

That made me almost too green with envy than I''m willing to admit. HA! It''s hard to feel bad for someone when they tell you that a 1ct looks so big on their hands that they can''t even hack it. Yeesh. Good for you, girl.

crossmyfingers

Shiny_Rock
You know, I''ve been on PS for a few months now, and my left ring finger is about 7.5 (7.25 when I''m cold, 7.75ish when I''m hot or later in the day)... and I still don''t think my hands or fingers look large at all. I honestly feel like I have little kid hands, that''s how small they seem to me. My fingers are short but I don''t think they seem stubby or anything. The only thing I do mind is that I could get finger coverage for less money if my fingers were size 3s.
30.gif

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2010 1:33:50 PM
Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl

I think Kittybean is a 2.5 and maybe Labratphd too. And they both have gorgeous rings - go check them out!

I like the external, not internal change approach too! Ladies, remember - having bigger fingers is a definite advantage in that you can wear MUCH bigger carat sizes (and have a great reason for getting that 4 ct.
2.gif
)

ETA: Oops, Kittybean might be a 3 (lol which is still tiny!) but Labrat is a 2.5 - Labrat''s e-ring thread
You had it right the first time, B.E.G. =). I''m a 2.5. My e-ring was originally a 3.25, but I had to have it sized down to 2.5. My wedding band is also a 2.5. I wear a 3-3.25 on my right ring finger.

Bigger fingers make it much easier to buy cute rings "off the rack" or at an antique store. I have to have my rings made custom to fit my fingers. I''d love to snag a vintage eternity band on eBay, but I''m pretty sure it will never happen for me.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results