shape
carat
color
clarity

Finewater Gems 30% off sale

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks for posting this. I was about to pull the trigger on a spinel and hadn't realized the price had increased so much. I do think a vendor has the right to adjust it however they need to according to the market but that increase was a bit more than I am comfortable with. He does have really impressive cutting so someday I hope to find the right gem match. For those that bought, can you share which ones you purchased? I'm curious to see what people end up with and what projects will be created.

I really hope you find the perfect one for you. He would be an outstanding person to help you find it too.

I actually think his prices are relatively competative when he runs a sale. I am largely dissinterested in the past price trajectory, if it is well priced when I buy it then I am happy. I would love to buy something from him in the future, I also keep hoping something just right will come along.

MidModMin

Shiny_Rock
I'm disappointed in how they set this sale up. There is one spinel I've been looking at for months, but can't decide whether I want to buy it. It was a certain price for the 4–5 months I've checked it out on the site. Now that they are doing the sale, it is listed for almost double that price. [...]

Sorry to resurrect a thread about a past sale, but I just want to post an update commenting on what I said about the sale in April.

It's been 4 months, and the gem that I had my eye on that went up in price...is still up in price. While it appeared to me at the time that the gem's price had been hiked up for the sale, I don't think that holds true, as the stone is still at that price today.

I can't comment on any other stones, but in this case, I think I was wrong.
Just wanted to put this on record, in case someone uses Pricescope to do research on Finewater and comes across this thread.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry to resurrect a thread about a past sale, but I just want to post an update commenting on what I said about the sale in April.

It's been 4 months, and the gem that I had my eye on that went up in price...is still up in price. While it appeared to me at the time that the gem's price had been hiked up for the sale, I don't think that holds true, as the stone is still at that price today.

I can't comment on any other stones, but in this case, I think I was wrong.
Just wanted to put this on record, in case someone uses Pricescope to do research on Finewater and comes across this thread.

That is kind of you to come back and clarify.

digdeep

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm sure Gary could answer this too, but as someone who has bought from him I can tell you that he prices things fairly, IMO. In my case, I ordered an unheated sapphire that I considered to be a reasonable price on his website. In my correspondence he told me that he would be changing the price but he would honor the advertised price if I wanted it. At first I though it might be a sales tactic, but when I got the gem I totally agree that it would have been appropriate to raise the price. I came out of the experience trusting his judgment..........and buying the gem. : )

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results