shape
carat
color
clarity

Finewater Garnet in Michael E. setting!

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
I got this gorgeous garnet from Gary at Finewatergems ages ago, and asked here for setting ideas. Michael Edgett had the perfect one. He waited patiently for months while I saved and when I finally sent the stone to him, he did a spectacular job of setting it. Without further ado, and with the usual apologies for my crappy pictures (taken on an iPhone, no camera, vague hopes of acquiring one soon but no promises!), I present to you my beloved garnet in a diamond ring. Michael's pictures first.

Jennifer1.jpg

Jennifer2.jpg

Jennifer3.jpg

Jennifer4.jpg

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Look at those teeny prongs! Barely noticable in real life. Also, while the shank looks thin in the pics, it is actually almost impossibly delicate IRL. No metal visible at all.

And now my awful pics, although I do think I managed to capture the lovely glow of the garnet in evening light.

ETA Hmm it's not letting me post pics at the moment for some reason, I'll try again in a bit.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
How pretty. Hand shot please!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh the setting is gorgeous! As is the stone of course!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s really pretty and the melees look to be set nice and low but the center garnet looks a mile high though. Is it high IRL?

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, that is really pretty, first triple prongs I've seen too, very cool setting.

Laura

iLander

Ideal_Rock
LOVELY :appl:

Very pretty and elegant!

What is the size in mm's of the stone?

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
What a lovely garnet, and it's in a wonderful setting! Wow, can't wait to see the handshots. :appl:

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I absolutely love this setting! Beautiful garnet, too!

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow thats pretty, I really like that color!

libramom

Shiny_Rock
Porridge your garnet is TDF :love: :love: :love: and the setting is simple but elegant!

Enjoy wearing that beauty....

LM

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love those prongs - they look like little paws. Elegant and striking ring! Good job.

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Thank you everyone for your lovely comments! I love this ring. The garnet really sparkles and I adore the raspberry colour, and the setting is even better than I'd imagined. It really accentuates the lovely shape of the stone.

Chrono you're right - it is set very high. That bothered me a little when I first saw it in the box, however when I wear it the high setting looks lovely on my hand. Also, although large the stone is actually quite shallow so it kind of balances out.

iLander would you believe I've lost the dimensions. They were written on the bottom of the box that I sent the garnet to Michael in. Off the top of my head I believe it was around 9mm diameter and only around 6mm deep. I could be wrong but those are the numbers that come to mind when I try to remember. It is 3.91 carats.

2nd attempt at uploading pics...

IMG0422.jpg

IMG0424.jpg

IMG0423.jpg

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful color and whan an inventive setting! Never saw anything like it!

Gempassion

Shiny_Rock
That garnet is beautiful and I love those delicate prongs!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
It's a lovely and delicate looking ring, I love the colour and cut of your garnet.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
It's beautiful! Have fun wearing it :)

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
beautiful Porridge ! I have almost the twin of your rhodo, so I'm happy to see yours set.

Enjoy :appl:

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Thanks guys!

AJ your rhodie is spectacular! Any setting ideas??

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results