shape
carat
color
clarity

Finding an Appraiser

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lugus

Shiny_Rock
I''m trying to find an appraiser in my area that meets the standards listed on the goodoldgold web site. No one I''ve talked to has access to a sarin machine or something comperable, even though their credentials suggest they are more than competent appraisers.

Should I be concerned if they don''t have this type of information? I considered sending the stone in to RocDoc (it is RocDoc, right?) , but then I don''t actually get to see the stone before I purchase it.

Advice, please!

Lugus

Shiny_Rock
orange county, CA

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
How funny. My uncle lives in Orange County too.
1.gif

Lugus

Shiny_Rock
Nice place, just not a lot of appraisers that seemed to have their stuff down as well as RocDoc.

RocDoc, do you make housecalls?
3.gif

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Well, I'm no closer to you than RockDoc, but many people using our services have had us examine a stone and forward it to them for physical inspection before they were committed to the purchase. Since we can almost offer 1-2 day services you can generally work within the standard time frame for decision making AND include a very comprehensive appraisal report. We give you full documentation via the Internet. It is clear, in color and printable. There is nothing left to chance and you can arrange to see the stone, too.

RockDoc may also offer that sort of rapid service. There is no reason to feel you cannot SEE the diamond.

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Our services do not require you to not see the diamond first. You can still buy from anyone, pay for the stone, then ship it for testing.

The advantage of sending the stone first is that you don't have to lay out the money for it.

All stones coming in gemologically checked and the reports emailed in 24-48 hours.

This includes digial photos, scope cam photos, firescope images, brilliance scope images, strain/stress analysis.

Rockdoc

banzai

Rough_Rock
So does anyone know of any appraisers local to the Orange County area?

Rook

Shiny_Rock
Lugus,

You can either check the appraisers list here on pricescope or your phone book if you want a local appraiser. Just make sure they are independant (don't sell diamonds.) Or either Dave Atlas, Rockdoc, or Richard Sherwood could do an independant appaisal for you. This may mean that you can not see the diamond first before purchasing, but you may not find a local appraiser that vendors trust and are willing to send a stone to prior to payment either.

This is where it is good to make sure you have a good return policy and trust the vendor. Some vendors like Rhino (Jonathon) at Gold Old Gold, offer a 30day refund guarantee and a lifetime trade-in policy, which is in effect a lifetime return if you are unhappy with the diamond. You just have to purchase another.

Also, any of the three appraiser listed above should be able to help you decide if you are going to want to buy the diamond. That along with the info you get at Goldoldgold should give you a good chance that you will be happy and will not want to use that return policy anyways.

Gueneth

Rough_Rock
Just had an independent appraisal done by Certified Jewelry Appraisals in Irvine, Ca. Mr. Boggess is a GIA gemologist grad, GNJA, and sr member AGA and NAJA. Was recommended to me by reps from insurance co. Tel. 727-7072 in So OC by appt only. Good luck!
wavey.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results