shape
carat
color
clarity

Finding a jeweller to set my OEC

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Some of you may remember that i have bought an OEC and had it set. However, it has been in the workshop more than it has been on my hand. The bench that i have to deal with has not delivered and to their credit they have given me a FULL refund. :appl: :appl:

So, i am now needing help with sourcing a bench that can help me with setting my OEC. The inspiration ring is below. I have contacted Adam from OWD in the past and he has been a bit hit and miss with email contact.

PSers = Who would you suggest?

I am going to try JBEG, as well.

yellow_3.jpg

TC1987

Brilliant_Rock
Wink at HighPerformanceDiamonds

Stuller Item #: 9289:8978:razz: is close, if you don't want to go custom.

The part that the diamond is set in looks like a variety if illusion plate, to me. Probably a jeweler can mount an illusion plate onto a man's signet ring mounting, too.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
TC1987|1386116041|3566991 said:
Wink at HighPerformanceDiamonds

Stuller Item #: 9289:8978:razz: is close, if you don't want to go custom.

The part that the diamond is set in looks like a variety if illusion plate, to me. Probably a jeweler can mount an illusion plate onto a man's signet ring mounting, too.

Wink was going to be my suggestion too.

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Thanx distracts and TC 1987. Have sent wink an email.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Grace from JBEG does have a good bench, you could try her as well. Adam is better contacted via phone than emails.

bluelotus

Shiny_Rock
Greg,
I wonder where you decided to have the ring made.

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Got a few quotes- one more than double the other. One said no, and another has not responded in some time.
It is weird way the universe works, cos someone came to me at work for other things and he is a jeweler.... We had a talk about the ring after I received the quotes. So, I have decided to use someone locally here in Perth Western Australia. It is a work in progress. Received a CAD and making a few changes. Awaiting for reply.

sparkly_blonde

Rough_Rock
YAY! I have worked with both Wink and JBEG and was not impressed with either. Joseph Schubachs here is the states is wonderful as is GOG if you need a back up plan :)

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Greg,

I hope that it is going well for you!!!!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn't realize you are in Australia! How about Gary holloway?

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Hi arkieb - project going well, so far! :)
April baby- damn! If I has known he was in Australia! I didn't make the connection!!! If this doesn't work out I will try him for sure!
Are u in AUS as well?

bluelotus

Shiny_Rock
Hey that's very cool that you found someone local. Do share the computer renderings when you get them!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
gregchang35|1397178216|3651534 said:
Hi arkieb - project going well, so far! :)
April baby- damn! If I has known he was in Australia! I didn't make the connection!!! If this doesn't work out I will try him for sure!
Are u in AUS as well?

No, I'm in Chicago but I have been to your lovely country!

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
project completed but having difficulty with adding pics on PS for the past 3 days. :(

CanuckAB

Shiny_Rock
How did it turn out? Are you happy with the work done by your local jeweller? Keep trying to post those pictures 'cause you know we all want to see them! :wavey:

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Yes, i love the final result.

There were no issues with the setting. It was easier speaking and showing what i wanted with a local jeweller than the one that i used over east. Admittedly, the one that i have been using in the past has done some great work for me. It is with this vintage inspired ring that there was issue with the setting as described in the previous post.

one thing that he has done that i love and was not expecting: the 3 cluster of prongs has been polished in such a way that it makes the diamond look bigger/ snowflake like. it is so hard to describe and a picture is worth a thousand words....

I tried again this AM with the posting of pics and it is timing out. I have never had an issue like this before... Damn that i cant just cut and paste it......

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Here is a pic of it.
The pic attachment is working for me now. So, i am going to do this one at a time, just in case it seizes up on me again.

10492497_10152212943487896_3221048579344055920_n.jpg

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Will probably start a new thread....damn- adding pics are becoming a pain....will do it another time.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results