shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally, the timing is right to purchase an engagement ring (9 years later!)

ming

Shiny_Rock
Long story short, we had already been together for 10 years when my DH took a job abroad so we decided to get married before the move. It was a ridiculously expensive time for us with little help from his company for the COL in London. yadda yadda yadda....

Anyway, we should now be in a position to purchase a ring! Since it's been so long since I first looked, I came back to PS to look for vendors for loose OECs and settings. I am not in a huge rush (what's another year?) and am really casually looking at the moment to see what speaks to me.

My overall budget is $15K but I can probably add another $1500-ish if needed. I don't expect to ever get a stone upgrade so the stone has to really speak to me. I love OECs with checkerboard patterns. I looked at an M color at one point and the lower color didn't bother me in the least but I think below that I may not like it as much. I think JBG and Old World Diamonds were highly recommended as vendors but other recommendations?

As for settings, I prefer solitaires without extra bling. I love Erika Winters for her simplicity, elegance and artistry but know she is $$$$ and I think I'd rather focus on putting as much $ into a great diamond. Valmain had one of my favorite settings EVER but I haven't been able to find it on PS again. I loved the settings Grace and Erica had and think CVB was the designer on those. Her Dahlia setting was a favorite on line but I'd need to see a setting in person to make sure it's not too ornate (but I doubt it will be but I'm very visual). Are there other places I should check out that offer simple, elegant and well crafted settings?

Thanks PS! I am looking forward to finally doing this!

springsparkle

Shiny_Rock
Long story short, we had already been together for 10 years when my DH took a job abroad so we decided to get married before the move. It was a ridiculously expensive time for us with little help from his company for the COL in London. yadda yadda yadda....

Anyway, we should now be in a position to purchase a ring! Since it's been so long since I first looked, I came back to PS to look for vendors for loose OECs and settings. I am not in a huge rush (what's another year?) and am really casually looking at the moment to see what speaks to me.

My overall budget is $15K but I can probably add another $1500-ish if needed. I don't expect to ever get a stone upgrade so the stone has to really speak to me. I love OECs with checkerboard patterns. I looked at an M color at one point and the lower color didn't bother me in the least but I think below that I may not like it as much. I think JBG and Old World Diamonds were highly recommended as vendors but other recommendations?

As for settings, I prefer solitaires without extra bling. I love Erika Winters for her simplicity, elegance and artistry but know she is $$$$ and I think I'd rather focus on putting as much $ into a great diamond. Valmain had one of my favorite settings EVER but I haven't been able to find it on PS again. I loved the settings Grace and Erica had and think CVB was the designer on those. Her Dahlia setting was a favorite on line but I'd need to see a setting in person to make sure it's not too ornate (but I doubt it will be but I'm very visual). Are there other places I should check out that offer simple, elegant and well crafted settings?

What an exciting project! Adam at Old World Diamonds is great. He has access to a larger inventory of stones than what his website shows, so you should talk to him. I worked on a project with him recently with a similar budget and got a beautiful 2.88 O/P OEC. His bench set it in a bezel solitaire and I love it. I considered their 8 prong Crown solitaire setting as well, which is simple and gorgeous. I would totally do that for an e-ring. He can make it with 4 or 6 prongs as well.

I’ve admired Valmanin’s ring too- she got it at ERD which is now called Brilliantly Engaged. They should be able to recreate that setting for you.

Attachments

• A3E19D20-44FA-4499-BED3-9AFB66E44BFE.png
    A3E19D20-44FA-4499-BED3-9AFB66E44BFE.png
    419.4 KB · Views: 15
  • C9FB9681-9DE8-4F67-9962-5F661C1E4FA6.png
    C9FB9681-9DE8-4F67-9962-5F661C1E4FA6.png
    489.7 KB · Views: 15

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

how exciting !
:appl:
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:
good luck finding the stone of your dreams
i look forward to the day you post happy hand shots

ming

Shiny_Rock
I'm not at all saying it is ornate! It may just not be what I am looking for when it is on my finger. The photos are lovely and it's been in the back of my head for a decade!

ming

Shiny_Rock
What an exciting project! Adam at Old World Diamonds is great. He has access to a larger inventory of stones than what his website shows, so you should talk to him. I worked on a project with him recently with a similar budget and got a beautiful 2.88 O/P OEC. His bench set it in a bezel solitaire and I love it. I considered their 8 prong Crown solitaire setting as well, which is simple and gorgeous. I would totally do that for an e-ring. He can make it with 4 or 6 prongs as well.

I’ve admired Valmanin’s ring too- she got it at ERD which is now called Brilliantly Engaged. They should be able to recreate that setting for you.

Yes it is! Have you posted your ring? I'll look for it! My husband is going to be working out of NY so it may very well work out really well to work with Adam ( I *think * they are in NY)! And thank you for the lead on Brilliantly Engaged. I do remember ERD but would never have found their new name.

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
How exciting!

Here is valmanin’s thread and I always have admired it as well.

I think CvD dahlia’s ornateness about the same.

There are a few IG sellers/dealers with old cut stones at competitive prices. Would feel comfortable buying through IG at all?

ming

Shiny_Rock
How exciting!

Here is valmanin’s thread and I always have admired it as well.

I think CvD dahlia’s ornateness about the same.

There are a few IG sellers/dealers with old cut stones at competitive prices. Would feel comfortable buying through IG at all?

If I could verify they existed and had good reviews! I do see some lovely diamonds on there that seem to good to be true.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I could verify they existed and had good reviews! I do see some lovely diamonds on there that seem to good to be true.

Alex Weber (premier gemstones) is in the US and I have purchased from him. He is great.

Alex park (parksfinegroupinc) is in NYC and also trustworthy. But his stones sell fast so you need to know what you want and be ready to buy.

ming

Shiny_Rock
Thank you lovedogs!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results