shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally tested positive for Covid

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really sorry you got it but glad that it seems to be mild! I think at some point we will all get something if it continues to mutate. Sad, that it happened (did not really need to!)

Lots of prayers to you! be well!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope you have a mild case and have antibodies and can sort of feel relief (?) you had it and it’s over now.

HollyJane

Shiny_Rock
I'm tested frequently at work and am always a little surprised each time I've tested negative. Because, even though I wear a mask, hand sanitize frequently, etc, I've been working the entire time during this thing. No groceries delivery where I am. Just keep doing the best I can. Glad I got the vaccine.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry to hear you got the virus. I hope you have a quick and complete recovery with minimal inconvenience and discomfort.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i hope you have a quick & easy recovery!

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
Hopefully it passes quickly & with no long term effects-feel better!

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Feel better soon!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Sorry to hear you're ill. Thank you for sharing your experience. You're right about how terrifying it can be for people with endless stories about how sick people are.

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
Day 5- I'm up and moving, waking up my 3 youngest boys that now have to go back to online school because of quarantine. I kinda feel like I'm playing hookie from work, as the only symptom I "feel" is my nose seems to be about 10% stuffed up. I haven't coughed, no fever, no headache.

*The following is not medical advice. I am just sharing what I feel has worked for me.

I forgot to put in yesterday's post that I have not felt bad enough to take any medication at all, including advil. I have continued to take my D3 and NAC. NAC is an amino acid (protein, not medicine) that helps break down the lipid barrier on viruses which helps your own immune system fight viruses. I read years ago that some take it to prevent herpes outbreaks and in some HIV cocktails. I haven't had a cold sore for at least 6 years and I credit NAC. I've been in Healthcare for 20 years and only had the flu once (I don't take the flu shot). I started my 91 year old grandma on it last spring. She kicked covid's behind too.

As I made my coffee I realize I still can't smell or taste. Stuck my nose in hubby's bourbon bottle. Nothing.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
My niece's boyfriend was the same. Felt just fine except no sense of smell for about a week. He just stayed home and played video games.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Day 5- I'm up and moving, waking up my 3 youngest boys that now have to go back to online school because of quarantine. I kinda feel like I'm playing hookie from work, as the only symptom I "feel" is my nose seems to be about 10% stuffed up. I haven't coughed, no fever, no headache.

*The following is not medical advice. I am just sharing what I feel has worked for me.

I forgot to put in yesterday's post that I have not felt bad enough to take any medication at all, including advil. I have continued to take my D3 and NAC. NAC is an amino acid (protein, not medicine) that helps break down the lipid barrier on viruses which helps your own immune system fight viruses. I read years ago that some take it to prevent herpes outbreaks and in some HIV cocktails. I haven't had a cold sore for at least 6 years and I credit NAC. I've been in Healthcare for 20 years and only had the flu once (I don't take the flu shot). I started my 91 year old grandma on it last spring. She kicked covid's behind too.

As I made my coffee I realize I still can't smell or taste. Stuck my nose in hubby's bourbon bottle. Nothing.

Glad you are doing well so far and may that continue!
What dose NAC do you take? And do you take it with Vit C? I read that it should be taken with Vit C IIRC.

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
Glad you are doing well so far and may that continue!
What dose NAC do you take? And do you take it with Vit C? I read that it should be taken with Vit C IIRC.

I take 600 mg on daily maintenance, but have been taking that 3 times a day since diagnosis (same dose for Grandma too). I normally take it with some vitamin C and magnesium water in my office at work, but since I'm not there and don't have any here I've been taking it with lemon water at home. I squeeze half a lemon into my 32 oz Yeti cup.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I take 600 mg on daily maintenance, but have been taking that 3 times a day since diagnosis (same dose for Grandma too). I normally take it with some vitamin C and magnesium water in my office at work, but since I'm not there and don't have any here I've been taking it with lemon water at home. I squeeze half a lemon into my 32 oz Yeti cup.

Is there a particular brand on amazon that you think works well? Can you provide a link? I just want to be ready in case anyone in my
family comes down with it. Glad you are not suffering from too many symptoms. Thanks for sharing with us!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @Mrs_Strizzle ! I appreciate the brand recommendations! Hoping no one in my family needs them but if they
do I'll be ready!

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
Day 8 update-

Not feeling "sick" except for the fatigue. When I say fatigue, I mean I shampooed my hair in the shower and didn't think I was up to using conditioner. I'm back in bed now after the ordeal of a shower.

I believe my senses of taste and smell are fighting their way back. I can now smell the baby powder note of my decadent perfume. That is only a tiny note in it, but is progress. Last night my 11 year old so caringly made me bacon and eggs for dinner. Because he's a ketchup addict he put it on my eggs too. I have never eaten them that way, but after the effort I couldn't decline. I definitely could taste the tartness of it, which also is progress.

Right now the plan is for me to come back to work on Tuesday. I don't think I should be contagious as I'm not coughing or sneezing anymore. My only concern is the fatigue.I wear my Garmin watch and usually get at least 3 miles a day at work, without a lunch time walk (which I normally do). We will see...

BMI

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for this latest update and for sharing your Covid journey with us @Mrs_Strizzle. I hope the fatigue doesn't last much longer for you. I know it's impolite to ask someone's age, but would you mind sharing what decade of life you are in? And it's very encouraging to know that your 91 year old grandma also kicked Covid to the curb!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for that wonderful update @Mrs_Strizzle and may your recovery continue to be smooth.

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for this latest update and for sharing your Covid journey with us @Mrs_Strizzle. I hope the fatigue doesn't last much longer for you. I know it's impolite to ask someone's age, but would you mind sharing what decade of life you are in? And it's very encouraging to know that your 91 year old grandma also kicked Covid to the curb!

I will be 43 next week and am thankful to be blessed with good health. I haven't mentioned that both my parents 67 and 68 also had it when my grandmother did. My Dad had a fever for 1 day, then foggy headed for a week never losing taste and smell. My Mom had the same exact symptoms as I. Dad stayed busy doing Grandma's honey-do list so she would stay in quarantine and entertain herself by bossing him around! Otherwise she probably would have left home to get her hair done, grocery shopping, and going to church. Seems like Dad and Grandma were even less symptomatic than I, lol.

Thank you for posting your journey so far, @Mrs_Strizzle. Glad to hear you're on the road to recovery. Hope you're feeling back to your usual self by next week. Have a restful weekend!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Mrs_Strizzle , Good to know that contracting the Covid virus is not a death sentence for most people unlike what the media been telling us for the past 10 months.

@Dancing Fire I like you and that is why I am not ignoring you like some here do. Please take this in the manner I am sharing it...with my best intentions.

The media has not been saying it is a death sentence for most. Where do you get your information?

Rather, Covid 19 is unpredictable with who it can and does kill. Not only the ill and weak and elderly but also young and healthy individuals can die from contracting this disease. Not to mention the side effects that linger for goodness knows how long. Some who are still experiencing the effects of this disease a full year after contracting it.

Please don't make light of it and don't belittle those who take this disease seriously. It is a serious and bad a** disease. That can and does kill without discrimination. And you just don't know how your body will react if you contract it.

Be smart and be safe and take as many precautions as necessary not to get this disease. As that wise quote goes...an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

@Mrs_Strizzle sorry for the mini threadjack and continued healing vibes and good wishes are being sent out to you. May your recovery continue to be smooth and relatively easy without any lingering effects. Enjoy a healing and restful weekend!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please don't make light of it and don't belittle those who take this disease seriously. It is a serious and bad a** disease. That can and does kill without discrimination. And you just don't know how your body will react if you contract it.
Missy
I too are fearful of this virus but just not as fearful as most PSer. On a scale of 1-10 I'm at 5.

Here's my Q for PSers...if we are so serious about Covid then why aren't all passenger planes grounded in the US?. Why aren't the subways in NYC closed? . Social distancing my A** :wall:.

This virus will be with us in the foreseeable future but probably under different strains. We'll need to be vaccinated every fall, so either we live with it or hide under our bed for the rest of our lives... JMO

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope you are feeling back to normal soon @Mrs._Strizzle. Thank you for all you do to help people.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy
I too are fearful of this virus but just not as fearful as most PSer. On a scale of 1-10 I'm at 5.

Here's my Q for PSers...if we are so serious about Covid then why aren't all passenger planes grounded in the US?. Why aren't the subways in NYC closed? . Social distancing my A** :wall:.

This virus will be with us in the foreseeable future but probably under different strains. We'll need to be vaccinated every fall, so either we live with it or hide under our bed for the rest of our lives... JMO

OK so how does this address anything I wrote @Dancing Fire? I wrote
Be smart and be safe and take as many precautions as necessary not to get this disease. As that wise quote goes...an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

So what is it you are disagreeing with? I will (unlike you) answer your questions. Maybe if I lead by example you will follow. :)

We are living our lives. We get outside when we can to walk and cycle and we go to the necessary doctor appointments and we go food shopping.
We wear masks and social distance when we are among others and we are not socializing.

We don't attend parties, we don't attend social gatherings and we will continue to behave in a safe and smart manner til the pandemic is over. On your so called scale of 1-10 I guess I am at a 5 too. How's that for something in common? But I am not fearful rather I am concerned and I am taking the necessary precautions and hoping we don't contract Covid 19.

Yes, we will probably need to be vaccinated once a year (or twice) to be protected from Covid 19.

Air travel and Subway travel are still open for business so the best one can do is if one must travel by either is to take precautions. Wear a (good ie N95 or KN 95 or another protective material) mask. Try to social distance if you can and only travel by these modes when you have no other choice.

I hope I answered your questions and now I hope you can stop muddying the waters with comments that have little to do with the matter at hand.

Just do the best you can @Dancing Fire. And try not infecting others because we don't live alone on this earth. We should care about others besides ourselves and doing our part helps everyone. What are you arguing about exactly? Do you disagree with anything I wrote above?

#masksandsocialdistancingwork #waitingforvaccine

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
People can pack themselves into airplanes and subways but can't attend churches and weddings?. How ridiculous is that? :rolleyes:

There are a lot of conflicting policies right now. Conflicting policies have nothing to do with the seriousness of this virus.

Apples to oranges.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are a lot of conflicting policies right now. Conflicting policies have nothing to do with the seriousness of this virus.

Apples to oranges.

Exactly. Instead of focusing on what we cannot change let's control what we can and all do our part to help minimize the spread and keep everyone healthy.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results