shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally... ring pics... and eventually the story!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ChooChoo

Brilliant_Rock

The view from the bridge where my honey asked me to marry him...

AND NOW THE STORY

So... as many of you know, I was *hoping* that last weekend would be THE weekend, but I was trying not to get too excited about it. But my excitement levels definitely swung upward when my boyfriend called me from work on Friday and told me to immediately run to the dry cleaners with his suit and three of my nicest dresses and have them cleaned next day. Cost is no issue! I nearly peed my pants, and I ran over and did just that. Oh, and I got my nails done.

Saturday... lovely day. We did our laundry, he picked up the dry cleaned stuff, we went out for sushi, we saw Garden State (great movie!), we came home... nothing! Why the dry cleaning? Where's my ring! Eeek!

Sunday... my boyfriend woke me up at 11
6.gif
0 and said "let's go get brunch". No big whoop - we get brunch pretty much every Sunday. But he also said that it was gorgeous out (over 60 degrees, in Boston in November!) and asked if I wanted to go for a walk before brunch. So that's just what we did. We live close to Harvard Square (I go to HLS), so we strolled down Garden Street and through various pretty streets to the river. We walked along the river, just holding hands and talking. Then we saw the pedestrian foot bridge over the Charles, and walked up on it.

I was leaning on the railing, and he was standing behind me hugging me, and we were both looking at the boathouse (or so I thought!). He tapped me on the shoulder to turn around, and that's when I knew before I even turned! Sure enough, he was holding the ring box in his hands. I wasn't shocked, just happy and calm.

My boyfriend was nervous - it was so sweet. This turned out to be an impromptu decision (the actual proposal was planned for later in the day, and involved the dry cleaned clothes!) He said "I love you, and I will love you forever. Will you marry me?" Of course, I said yes.

We walked back to Harvard Square (but first took a picture of the boathouse to remember our view that day, and of my ring in the sunlight!) and had a lovely lunch at Legal Seafoods. And then he told me that we would be going to the Four Seasons hotel to celebrate - that was where he originally planned to propose! But he woke up early and decided he wanted to do it sooner, so that's just what he did. And I'm glad he did, since I had the whole day to enjoy being engaged!

Whew... that's pretty much it!

View from bridge.JPG

ChooChoo

Brilliant_Rock
A picture of the ring in the sunlight, right after the proposal, that captures how white and sparkly the stone is!

Ring in light.JPG

ChooChoo

Brilliant_Rock
The first of many crappy pics I took tonight!

ringy5.JPG

ChooChoo

Brilliant_Rock
more

ringy4.JPG

ChooChoo

Brilliant_Rock
more!

ringy3.JPG

ChooChoo

Brilliant_Rock

more!!

ringy2.JPG

ChooChoo

Brilliant_Rock

More!!!

ringy1.JPG

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock

Cho it''s lovely.

I hope you have a long happy life together

emlove.gif

tlmd

Rough_Rock
Choo Choo - It is gorgeous! The stone looks so perfect on your hand. Don''t forget to post specs along with your story!!

tomatoe

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement!!!!
36.gif

It''s a
30.gif
beautiful setting (really caught my eye) with gorgeous diamonds!!!

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock

Choo! Its SO gorgeous!!! I love love love it! Its perfect. And the setting is just sooo delicate and pretty and.. oooohh..

AND i''m so jealous that you live near somewhere so beautiful for a scenic proposal. Not that my proposal wasn''t PERFECT right here in my living room, but I would just like to live near somewhere that pretty. I definitely don''t.

So where is the proposal story? AND.. you had your camera with you just by chance when he proposed? Or did he bring it?

yanekie25

Shiny_Rock
Goregous. I am loving the ring. Such a scenic spot too. Details, details...

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

HI:

WOW!

emhot.gif
I was temporarily blinded--congrats!

cheers---Sharon

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on your engagement. I wish you a happy life together. Your ring is beautiful!

reena

Ideal_Rock

oh, choochoo, congratulations! the ring is just beautiful. and i''d recognize that beautiful proposal spot anywhere--the charles river in cambridge! (i went to law school nearby.) so scenic and romantic! all the best to you both!

fancyrock

Brilliant_Rock

WOW... it''s just stunning!! i love all the spakles.... That is a beautiful setting....

CONGRATS CHOO-CHOO...!! now you''ve been "scratched"..... from the list that is!

9.gif

palmbaybabe

Shiny_Rock

ChooChoo - Congrats!!

What a FANTASTIC ring!!! and what a beautiful spot to be proposed to.

36.gif

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on a beautiful ring Choochoo, and best wishes on your engagement! You ring is just beautiful. I love the detail -- it''s not too busy, but interesting from all angles.

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock

Choo!! It''s beautiful!!!

30.gif

Need proposal story! ...and stats!

2.gif

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Is that a Tacori mounting? Gosh, the work on the shank is SO darn beautiful! Congrats on a GORGEOUS ring.

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
headlight - LOL. I was going to ask if it was Ritani!

Choo-Choo - Congratulations!!!! Your ring is STUNNING!!! I love the details, and completely agree with lop - not too busy, but interesting from every angle! Is that a surprise diamond I see there?? I cannot wait to hear the proposal story!!

JCJD
36.gif
36.gif

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, GORGEOUS! I generally like understated, super-sleek styles, but your ring is just stunningly and delicately intricate. LOVE it!
30.gif

treysar

Brilliant_Rock

Oh Choo choo, I love it! I love the prongs, and the detailed scroll work, and HOT DAMN i love the stone! What a beauty!

Congrats!! :)

njc

Brilliant_Rock

IM BLIND!!!

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

SOOOOOO beautiful Choo Choo!!! And so many sparkles! I love the tacori!!! Im sure it was worth all the waiting now. Cant wait to hear all the details

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock

How beautiful!

You kept us in suspense for so long! What about the story?

(still such a tease!)

KSparkles

Rough_Rock
Gorgeous ChooChoo! Was the proposal on the Charles?? Looks like the BU Boathouse in the background or something...also I saw that the ring was from the Jewelers Building in Boston - I got to go there w/ my mom to get her ering upgraded 2 wks ago, and it was SO fun!! You have to go sometime if you haven''t already...congrats!!!

alexah

Brilliant_Rock

Congrats & best wishes choo choo!!

36.gif
What a beautiful proposal area - can''t wait to hear the story!
35.gif

...And your ring is fabulous!

30.gif
Gorgeous setting, luvly stones - it looks amazing on your finger - wear it in happiness!
4.gif

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock

choo it's beautiful! i LOVE the detailed setting and side pears

30.gif
please post as many pics as you have, would love to see more
1.gif
congrats again to both of you

edit: what are the specs on that fireball??

sciencegeek

Shiny_Rock
ChooChoo, it''s so beautiful
30.gif

You must be over the moon
9.gif
I adore the pear sidestones and intricate shank. Can''t beat the profile of a Tacori
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results