shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally picked a dress but need morale support!

A formal dress for an informal semi-elopement on a beach?

• I don''t think it''s too formal, don''t worry about it

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Yeah, it''ll look a bit odd but better to look a little out of place than to not feel pretty on your

• Talk him into pants and it''ll be fine.

• Keep looking girl!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
*cough* *cough*
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!
39.gif

Well, there''s (naturally) a problem. The bridal shop was suppossed to get back to me with the due date of a rush order. I was originally quoted Feb 20th at the latest. I didn''t hear back from them so I called and now they''re not even sure Alfred Angelo is doing rush orders this winter and they haven''t heard back from the manufacturer about the rush order.
29.gif

But there''s one all in white in my size. The ivory is one size bigger and in one size smaller.
7.gif
I''m not sure about pure white. Perhaps I could pull it off if I got a tan at a salon? I turn gold when I tan.

I''m also wondering if it''s possible to get a seamstress to take off the white trim and replace it with color trim? What do you guys think?
33.gif

I''m off to David''s bridal... (I must masochistic) They have a style very very similar to this one in my presumed size, so I''m just going to go see.
5.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am not sure what your coloring is but I ended up with a pure white wedding dress (even though I was convinced I would look better in ivory). I worked very hard on my tan
2.gif
and think the white looked really good.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a pretty dress! I would like it better in all white of all ivory. And I agree with Mara, get your fiance to wear a light colored suit. It''ll look better in the pictures if you two are comparably dressed!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the dress you posted Indie, and definitely another vote for getting your man into pants, a khaki suit, what have you...

Don''t stress. Seriously. Things will all come together!

jesterjigger

Shiny_Rock
Is there an Alfred Angelo boutique within driving distance? I ordered my dress from them right after Memorial Day (so the first week of June) and while they gave me an estimate of 8-12 weeks it arrived on June 17th. I would try to work through an actual Alfred Angelo boutique, rather than a store that carries their stuff if possible, you''ll probably get better results. Good luck!

jesterjigger

Shiny_Rock
One other idea (sorry, I *really* want you to have the dress that *you* want)...call around! There has to be other stores in your area, out of state, in the US that has the dress in at least ivory in your size, if not with the right trim. They could probably rush one sooner if you''re willing to buy one off the rack. I wouldn''t give up so soon though...definitely not!

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
I would very much like someone to knock me unconcious until the wedding. I'm starting to feel like this is some form of self-inflicted torture.

So I went back to David's. After the other shops it was a relief to actually fit into a dress. I insisted on a ribbed corset bra rather than a foam monstrosity and refused to wear the puffy crinoline slip. (Are they trying to make us look bad?) This made a huge difference (combined with the fact that I did lose weight), and I finally fit into some dresses quite nicely.

I tried on the David's version of the Alfred dress and liked it but wasn't as 'oh G. it's the one' as before. I can't tell if that's because of some difference between the dresses, or just having a fresh look at the style.

IMG_0930.jpg

IMG_0931_2.jpg

I also tried on another dress my fmil spotted. We both really really liked it. Enough so that if it hadn't had an ink spot, I might have walked out with it! It felt so much lighter and l loved how the ribbons defined my waist. I could also really picture us standing together on a beach! (I had some trouble with the other one).

This is the same ivory as the one above, I just had camera color issues.

IMG_0933.jpg

Oh and ladies, there's no way I'm getting him into pants. I tried yesterday and it just ain't happening. I want him to be as happy with how he looks as I am so I'm not going to push it any farther.

tiffanytwisted

Brilliant_Rock
I like them both but I really like the 2nd one. Too bad it had an ink spot, can they get another one for you?
Good luck deciding. I''m so glad you found something you like!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG, the second one is definitely more flattering although you look gorgeous in both of them! I hope they can get you another one of the second that is free of stains!

Side note: you really resemble a good friend of mine--same build, same beautiful long dark hair--you are lovely Indie! And I''ve said this before, but I''ll say it again: you will lose weight the couple weeks or so before your wedding without even trying...I lost 7 lbs. the week before mine and didn''t even try, due to all the stress and running around I was doing getting everything together. There isn''t time to sit around and snack, and honestly I''m a stress ball anyway about things and you sound similar, you will be running on adrenaline at that point, and you''ll be lacing up that corset back more tightly than you anticipate right now!

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Where was the ink spot located? Honestly, I would consider getting a dress with a small spot if it weren''t in an obvious location and they would give me a discount. I think you look gorgeous in both of them. I think the second one defines your waist well, but I prefer the first one in the bust...

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Indi, you look amazing in both of those dresses. Thats such a pity about the ink stain. Also, you really are stunning and I would never consider you overweight if I saw you. You look beautiful in those dresses. Are you going to have your hair up or down for the wedding? Never mind about your fi wanting to wear his shorts, its your wedding day and the two of you will be so happy regardless of all that. You will look stunning next to him wearing your dress

Minny

Rough_Rock
I think the second dress looks beautiful and perfect for the beach!! Can you find it at another David''s near you?

E B

Ideal_Rock
I like the second one a lot more (the organza), and I think it will be much more comfortable than the first on the beach. To match the feel of your fiance''s outfit, maybe you could have it shortened to tea-length, right under the first grouping of three ribbons at the bottom. With sandals, I think it''d look great.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Wow, both look great, but I really like the second one!! I would see if another Davids has the same one in your size, otherwise, do you have enough time to order it?

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
Thank you all so much for your kind words!
5.gif
I feel alot better about how I''ll look!
35.gif

I still really like the second dress, but I''m not 100% yet. Mainly because it''s not a corset back. It was a tiny bit loose (yay) and felt like it was slipping down. The girl said that to stay at the proper position it need to be perfectly fitted to my torso. But then the david''s seamstress said that alterations take 6 weeks. What is the point of alterations done 2 months out??
20.gif

It doesn''t come with optional straps, but I could get them added. Do you think that would fix the gravity issue?

My mother is insisting on going dress shopping with before I make a final decision. (oh joy) We won''t get back home for another few days, so I''ll have something to report on that on thursday. There''s a David''s at home and I''ll see if they have the dress in the right color and size to try on again with my mother in tow.

My father wants me to call the local dressmaker and see if they can make a dress for me in time. Personally I''m a tad doubtful about a woman who calls her business a ''salon de couture".
31.gif
But it''s worth a shot.

Either way, I think the organza dress should be my default dress if I don''t find anything better on thursday.
5.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results