shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally, my ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tomatoe

Brilliant_Rock
Openhelix, thanks for your compliments! I have seen your wonderful stone and now your special setting. Your soon to be fiance is a really lucky girl.
9.gif

My current finger size is a 4 1/4 but the setting is a 4 3/4, which was my then finger size when I ordered it. Shay37 also has a similar stone & finger size.
5.gif

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Tomatoe, it is just amazing! Really a great choice!
1.gif
9.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The picture of "ring between laptop keys" should be coem a REQUIREMENT ! Very nice ring
1.gif

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my, Oh My!
What a Lovely ring!
It is just beautiful on you. Congratulations!
I got to see my J stone again ysterday as we made the final decision on the setting, size, etc.
Mine will be set in yellow gold too and I just love the overall effect.
I am more fairskinned than you, but out of all the metals I have worn over the years, the gold color holds up best over time. I suppose people just have different chemical balances with metals.
Well congratulations. I know how exciting it is.
I just had a bithday and I requested a "Digital Photography for Dummies" book so I can use my waiting time wisely.
read.gif

Thanks for the great photos!!!!!
appl.gif

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love your ring! It is so beautiful, the pictures are great! I love the way it sparkles.
21.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Tomatoe, I love the new pics. I never get tired of seeing your regent. It is timeless.
9.gif

Shay

tomatoe

Brilliant_Rock
together.jpg

I bought a sweet 18K WG ring with 12 teeny weeny diamonds 0.14tcw to wear over the upgrade ring to hold it in place. I've dropped from a 4.75 to a 4 ring size, its scary how loose the upgrade ring is now!
5.gif

12X0.14tcw.jpg

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That's a nice ring! Is that an eternity band?

Veronika

Shiny_Rock
Oh my what a beautifull ring! I love it....love it
love.gif
! It's looks wonderfull on you, and I really like the yellow gold as well! Great on your skin tone!

Like the eternity band as well! The rings look really great together! Congrats...

tomatoe

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks luckyhonu & Veronika, I dont think the WG ring qualifies as an eternity band. There are only the 12 diamonds that you see on the top but they cover my finger span nicely so that you dont see the metal at the sides
2.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
How did I miss a fellow sista's strong blue Fluor stone. Wow - that thing is plugged in & wired for sound! Very elegant! And, I like the pairing w/ the diamond band.

wallace

Shiny_Rock
What a beautiful ring!!!! I love squares and yours is lovely!
So, are you wearing that very pretty band almost like a ring guard? Good idea! Co
21.gif
ngrats and enjoy
appl.gif

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
So why did your finger change its' size so much?

I think my fingers fluctuate a lot, too and it's annoying, isn't it?

I haven't lost any weight or anything but my ring is about ahalf size too big (fit perfectly when we ordered it a couple weeks ago.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring. Congrats.

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Tomatoe, I love that little sparkly band! I feel for you - I just went from 4 1/2 to 3 1/2 (Atkins just works TOO well). I don't even know what I'll do now...but i'll think of something that involves spending more money, I'm sure
14.gif
!

tomatoe

Brilliant_Rock
dbgaap: I've lost weight, unintentionally, eversince end Dec '03 and when I ordered the ring, I hadn't realised it yet. Marie from GOG was kind enough to send me 4 plastic ring guards which are marvellous at keeping the ring on my finger but are quite uncomfortable.

Caratgirl: I can't even wear my original wedding band now which is why I decided to either make a new setting for the Regent (too expensive at this point in time) or get a new, cheap band for the time being. I'm loving the band and enjoying wearing it on its own
2.gif

Thanks everyone for your lovely comments
5.gif

ShopDiva

Rough_Rock
Your ring is beautiful! It looks bigger than a .7 on your hand, VERY NICE!! The band looks good with it too. CONGRATS!
9.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Tomatoe, I love the band of little stones with your Regent. Like you, I'd wear it alone too.

Is there a reason why you don't have the Regent ring sized down?

tomatoe

Brilliant_Rock
Patty:
1. Because I dont have my own trusted jeweller who will be able to size down the ring for me.
2. Because I am afraid that if I do size down the ring and I put on weight or get pregnant, I will not be able to wear the ring.
3. The part of the shank at the bottom is very thin already and I am worried that the person who sizes it down will not do a good job of it and mess up the whole ring.
sad.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Okay, tomatoe,I see!

I always want things to fit just right. I just took my band of 12 little diamonds (like yours) in to be sized smaller. It was spinning upside-down all the time and driving me crazy. I mentioned to a friend of mine that I needed to get an eternity ring with diamonds that go all the way around so I didn't have to worry about it spinning. She said, "No, you need to get that one sized so that it fits you!"

tomatoe

Brilliant_Rock
I've been itching to get another band as the one that is shown above has heavily included diamonds with no life and prongs at the side that cut me. This time round, I used my idealscope on the diamonds beforehand and found that 6 of them didn't have blatant light leakage.

11.gif
I co-erced the husband into letting me purchase another one just now, an 8 diamond 0.26cttw 18K whitegold channel-set band from another local chainstore that was having a sale. I told him that I wanted to reward myself because my birthday and Xmas are so near.
31.gif

0.26collage.jpg

He ended up with a Titanium ring as well.
25.gif

histitanium.jpg

Bagpuss

Brilliant_Rock
You sound just like me! I also spend a lot of time convincing my dh that I should have this particular piece because.....whatever! He usually goes along with me just for a quiet life.
21.gif

I love the new wedding/eternity band. It looks great with your e-ring. Congrats!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful Tomatoe. It compliments the ering nicely.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful, tomatoe!

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
11.gif
Gorgeous!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
looks good together!!!!

yanekie25

Shiny_Rock
gorgeous sets. I love them. His titanium ring is nice. Must remember to keep those in mind.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring!!! Makes for a wonderful xmas/bday present! What day is your b-day on? Mine is 12/18
9.gif

tomatoe

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for your nice comments everyone!

Date: 12/10/2004 12:34:35 AM
Author: MichelleCarmen
Beautiful ring!!! Makes for a wonderful xmas/bday present! What day is your b-day on? Mine is 12/18
9.gif

Thanks MichelleC!!! Mine's 4 days before yours and I'm getting another wonderful present (from my Mum), a new setting for my regent!!! It'll be ready by the end of next week.
23.gif
25.gif
17.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
tomatoe
WoW !!! thats a beautiful pair of ring.
30.gif
10.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results