shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally it arrives! New ruby and diamond ring.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Well after weeks and weeks of waiting and being messed about by the jewellers (UK high street chain) my ruby and diamond ring is safely in my possession. It is lovely, fits like a glove.

It was purchased at the end of November. It was sent off for resizing. Two weeks later (it should only have taken a week to arrive back at the store) I hear from the jewellers that they halted progress on it as there were issues. The resizing would be no problem but in the process it would lose the hallmark. As the shop cannot sell anything without this hallmark they would have to send it to the relevant place to have it redone. Fine..they should have just got on with it. But they halted it instead while they told me this. They then said they could do nothing before Christmas now as the hallmark place would be shut for the Christmas period. So understandably I was a little out out considering they could have just got on with the work and told me there was a slight delay rather than sending the ring back to the shop two weeks later with no work completed at all.

But it was worth the wait. I have been longing for a ruby ring for a while now. It is my birthstone and red just happens to be the only other colour I wear regularly apart fro black. So no issues with clashing colours! It is only a dress ring so only 9ct white gold. I don''t know the stats on the stones, but I can guarantee the rubies are most likey heat treated! However, it is pretty. Not the original style I wanted. I was really hoping to buy a central ruby with a halo and diamond set shoulders. I will have to save up for the perfect one. This one is more suitable for everyday wear anyway and shouldn''t pose a problem for work . I work with children so my hands will get battered!!

Pictures - Not great due to camera phone, but you get the general idea.

rubyruby2.jpg

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Slightly different angle

rubyruby1.jpg

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
More of a handshot for you!

rubyrby3.jpg

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
Oh - I love it! I love rubies and those look so clear and sparkly! I like the flowy-ness (not a word I know
9.gif
) of the setting too! Very, very, very pretty! More pictures please!!!

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you SanDiegoLady and laurel25.

The rubies do look lovely. In normal lighting they are more blood red. As I said, it''s not the ring style I was initially after, but it is just me!

I will try to get some clearer pictures at some point!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Such a pretty ring! I''ve definitely never seen one quite like it, but I just adore its curves (hehe)

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations, merry! I envy you having a real ruby ring as well as lovely, young hands on which to wear it! I hope that the children do not damage it. Are you sure that you want to wear it to work?

Wear it in good health!

Hugs,
Deborah
34.gif

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Young but fat hands! I am a ring size S on my right hand...R on my left. Size 9 and 8.5 in U.S sizes respectively.

It should be ok for work. It wasn't super expensive, but yes, I would be upset if it got damaged.

I have never had a problem in the 5 years I have been wearing my engagement ring at work...although I did scratch a child accidentaly once with it and was mortified!

oldmancoyote

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/7/2009 4:39:30 PM
Author:merrymunky
Well after weeks and weeks of waiting and being messed about by the jewellers (UK high street chain) my ruby and diamond ring is safely in my possession. It is lovely, fits like a glove.

It was purchased at the end of November. It was sent off for resizing. Two weeks later (it should only have taken a week to arrive back at the store) I hear from the jewellers that they halted progress on it as there were issues. The resizing would be no problem but in the process it would lose the hallmark. As the shop cannot sell anything without this hallmark they would have to send it to the relevant place to have it redone. Fine..they should have just got on with it. But they halted it instead while they told me this. They then said they could do nothing before Christmas now as the hallmark place would be shut for the Christmas period. So understandably I was a little out out considering they could have just got on with the work and told me there was a slight delay rather than sending the ring back to the shop two weeks later with no work completed at all.

But it was worth the wait. I have been longing for a ruby ring for a while now. It is my birthstone and red just happens to be the only other colour I wear regularly apart fro black. So no issues with clashing colours! It is only a dress ring so only 9ct white gold. I don''t know the stats on the stones, but I can guarantee the rubies are most likey heat treated! However, it is pretty. Not the original style I wanted. I was really hoping to buy a central ruby with a halo and diamond set shoulders. I will have to save up for the perfect one. This one is more suitable for everyday wear anyway and shouldn''t pose a problem for work . I work with children so my hands will get battered!!

Complete taurine byproduct. You can sell anything you like without hallmarks as long as you don''t sell it as "gold", "silver" or "platinum". If you are happy with the invoice saying "so and so ring in yellow metal", it can be sold without hallmarks.

(UK Hallmarking Act 1973)

Anyway - now it''s here and it''s very pretty. Congratulations!

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/7/2009 5:17:33 PM
Author: oldmancoyote

Date: 1/7/2009 4:39:30 PM
Author:merrymunky

Complete taurine byproduct. You can sell anything you like without hallmarks as long as you don''t sell it as ''gold'', ''silver'' or ''platinum''. If you are happy with the invoice saying ''so and so ring in yellow metal'', it can be sold without hallmarks.

(UK Hallmarking Act 1973)

Anyway - now it''s here and it''s very pretty. Congratulations!

I never knew that! The way they explained it was literally that as it was solid white gold they were simply unable to sell it without that hallmark.

Oh well, as you say it got here eventually and yes it is pretty! Thank you.

joflier

Ideal_Rock
What a lovely ring!!! I love the styling to it!

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Lovely ring! It flows beautifully.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s very pretty and looks lovely on your hand!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
I love your ring, its lovely and so feminine!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very delicate and pretty!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s a very pretty ring and looks great on your hand.
1.gif

misspinky

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results