shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally I picked one! MY DRESS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cheekyprincess

Shiny_Rock
I really love it, I think you look beautiful. You are one of those people who ''wear'' the dress, so it is like ''look at that beautiful woman'' rather than ''look at that beautiful dress''. You will make a truly gorgeous bride!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow-you look fabulous in that dress! You really do look so slim in it-its the perfect dress for you!

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous and classic!

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
Wow, you look AMAZING! I thought I liked the Reem, but this blows it out of the water! I love it on you!
36.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Chelle - this dress is AMAZING and you look GORGEOUS in it!! Its such a simple, classic choice and its just perfect for you. I wish I''d looked longer for my dress and found something like this. You will be such a beautiful bride!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
9.gif

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
It''s perfect!!!! Simply elegant and it fits you like a glove. What a gorgeous bride you will be. Congratulations!!!
36.gif

Liquiddazi

Shiny_Rock
That dress looks completely wonderful on you!
36.gif

portia

Brilliant_Rock
Wow!! You look amazing in that dress. Very beautiful and elegant!

sarie_j

Shiny_Rock
That dress looks wonderful on you, and I wanted to chime in about the make-up you were talking about -- A friend of mine had a HUGE tattoo of ivy draping across her shoulders and of course decided she didn''t want it to show in her wedding pics with her strapless dress - We had no idea what to do or where to go but we got the make-up from another friend who worked on stage at a local theater. It really works amazingly well but a word of caution, make sure you or whoever would put it on for you practices doing so several times. It has an odd consistency, and with too little it doesn''t cover well and with too much it assumes the consistency of that face paint that you could peel off you face when you were a kid. Overall though it was fabulous, and we couldn''t see that dark green and black ivy and the make-up was only really noticeable if you were looking specifically for it. I''ll dig and see if I can either find a pic of her or get her to send me one so you can see it --

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
I like that dress a lot, and I like the additions you are talking about making. Those straps will be very feminine and classy (yay for daring to do something different than just strapless)

gail013

Shiny_Rock
Hi Chelle-

That dress is gorgeous. I want to get married all over agian, partly so I can pick another dress and make all the fun plans! That dress looks very classy and not too over the top. As far as your tatoo goes, I agree that the dress would look better without the straps-can you embelish your veil somehow to cover what you need, or can you do a lace bolero jacket of some sort, with something on it? It could be a barely there kind of thing, but just enough....

chellebelle

Shiny_Rock
You all are so great. When I come and read all your sweet comments I feel much better about my decision. I don''t know why I''m doubting myself.... I guess I was looking at dresses for such a long time and I can''t believe I finally picked one. Especially one that was so different from all the other ones I had been leaning towards. I saved money and set a budget for whatever dress I chose, but I was thinking I''d find a dress under that budget. I didn''t purposely go out with the intention of spending my maximum budget. A lot of the other dresses were quite a bit under. Well then I found this one and it totally wiped out the entire amount I had saved. And then some. I was so tired of looking and I really needed to order my dress (mid-January and my wedding is the beginning of July and we all know it takes a while for dresses to come in, plus time for alterations). If I waited any longer I''d probably have to buy something off the rack! Anyways, I guess what brought this all on was that I found out about this bridal event going on this weekend. It''s called Brides Against Breast Cancer and sample gowns and new gowns are donated for charity. Brides get them at a huge discount and the proceeds go to the Making Memories Foundation. Someone told me that expensive designer gowns that cost a ton are going for $700-$1400, and I could''ve saved a lot of money. Ughhh. And I ordered my dress just last week. I keep telling myself that even if this event had been earlier and I had gone, I wouldn''t have found anything like my dress. Tomorrow is the last day and I''m actually going to look at the veils. If I see a Lea-Ann Belter gown for $700 I will have a heart attack. LOL Though I''m positive there won''t be one, it''s a relatively small designer company. Sorry for the mini freakout, I''m done.
2.gif

As far as the straps, thanks for all your opinions. If I do have them, I will have them done so it looks good and complimentary to the dress. When I had the mockup strap on, it was very feminine and romantic and I liked it. It kinda gave it a Spanishy feel (don''t know why?), but I''m part Spanish so it worked! hehe Plus it''s unique and a little different from the everyday strapless dress. I guess I''ll just have to see. The stage makeup is my next best option, which I will probably buy and have someone practice on me. Sarie thanks for the advice! I think Mara said something about having no straps and being able to see the expanse of brown skin on top and gosh, it sounds so sexy! Well, when you put it that way... lol. I''ll keep you updated on what I decide. It''s still up in the air at this point.
5.gif

jsc44

Rough_Rock
Hi! this is one of my first posts on here.. but i have to say you are beautiful! it would not matter what dress you wore--with your features and skin tone--you are a stunning bride..

Ok you have the same body type as me.. i think. How tall are you? weight if you don''t mind me asking.. I am looking for a dress and if you have the same body type as me, I''d love to try and find that dress!!! I did try on a dress that looked identical by Marisa (it is not on the internet yet b/c I just saw it as his new trunk show). I was wondering if you know which dress I am talking about??
Sorry for the grand inqusition, but it would be so helpful to know what looks good on my body type. and I just can''t tell from your pics if you and I are alike or not.. b/c you don''t look bad curvy in that dress!! you look perfect!!!!!!!!!!!

chellebelle

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/24/2007 4:53:20 PM
Author: jsc44
Hi! this is one of my first posts on here.. but i have to say you are beautiful! it would not matter what dress you wore--with your features and skin tone--you are a stunning bride..

Ok you have the same body type as me.. i think. How tall are you? weight if you don't mind me asking.. I am looking for a dress and if you have the same body type as me, I'd love to try and find that dress!!! I did try on a dress that looked identical by Marisa (it is not on the internet yet b/c I just saw it as his new trunk show). I was wondering if you know which dress I am talking about??
Sorry for the grand inqusition, but it would be so helpful to know what looks good on my body type. and I just can't tell from your pics if you and I are alike or not.. b/c you don't look bad curvy in that dress!! you look perfect!!!!!!!!!!!
Hi jsc! Wow, I'm flattered! Thank you so much for the sweet compliments.
1.gif
Don't worry about the questions, I don't mind. As far as my body type, I'm pretty curvy. My waist is much smaller than the rest of me and I have huge hips, but I'm pretty ample up top as well. But not nearly as much as my bottom half. I *thought* I was pear-shaped, but all the gals on here say I'm more of an hourglass. So maybe I'm an hourglass with big higs and legs? hehe I just think I'm so much bigger on my bottom half!
I'm 5'4" but I'm wearing heels in my dress pics. So with those shoes on I'd say I'm 5'7"... which is probably why I look long and lean in the pictures. I am far from long and lean! I probably won't wear heels that high on the big day though. My weight has fluctuated a lot and right now I'm about a size 8/10. I don't know if the weight thing will help very much because weight vs. how someone looks varies greatly with body shape/type, muscle mass, etc. My weight is pretty distributed... I don't know if you're similar? I know someone who weighs 10 lbs. more than me but we look much, much different because she carries it more in her midsection. So I think that factor really varies person to person. I would try a bunch of stuff on and see what looks great on you. Here is a link to another dress thread I had... it can give you a better idea of what kind of body type I have, and also the different dresses I tried on. The last one is actually a Marisa dress!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/tried-on-two-more-dresses-opinons-please.53533/

Oh and you said that you tried the Marisa dress on (the one similar to mine)? How'd it look? You should share pics if you have any! I would love to see that Marisa dress! I know with my dress, it is fitted through the hips and then it goes into a very slim A-line skirt. It's somewhat fluted, but it's hard to tell in the pics. Is that how the Marisa dress was? If so, I wish I had seen it before I bought this one! lol Probably would've been much easier on the wallet!
41.gif
Oh and I hate how Marisa doesn't post their dresses online anymore because I really want to see the one you're talking about! It makes it so difficult, especially when dress shopping! Anyways, hope that helped! Let me know how everything goes and if you have any more questions, definitely feel free to ask! Good luck!
9.gif

P.S. I attached a pic of me wearing regular street clothes... wedding dresses are so different from what we usually wear! So if you're trying to compare body types, maybe this will help more? Oh and I don't wear a crown on a regular basis, it was my birthday.
2.gif

michellesbday016crop4hu.jpg

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Wow, it''s absolutely stunning and fits you perfectly. I love the small details you intend to add to make it your own!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Chelle you look so amazing in your dress!!! You are such a pretty gal, and love that you are adding your own detail to the design of the dress. I can''t wait for more pics, you will be a stunning bride for sure!!!
36.gif

jsc44

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much for your response..ok, so it seems we have very different bodies.. I am only 5 feet tall.. 5''4 w/ my high heels I wear ALL the time!! and even at my wedding! :) My main problem is my hips.. and the aline dresses seem to overwhelm me.. b/c in reality my frame is small b/c I am so short! Uggh.. I do have pics of the Marisa dress.. keep in mind it is in a gold color here. I would order it in white white..
and why does marisa not post their dresses anymore???? I thought they would just update their website after his recent trunk shows??? I am going to try and post the pics.. keep in mind i had to take them real quick b/c I did not want to ask if i could take the pictures and have them say no!!! The problem with this dress is that it is a modified aline (whatever that means...and it is tighter around the hips, although not super tight)

Uh oh. I can''t post the pics. How do I do it!!???

jsc44

Rough_Rock
Ok, figured it out..This is a brand new Marisa dress in a gold color.The pictures are not great. I snuck the pictures in, as I did not want to ask if I could and get rejected!!! I mean, I should be able to if I am going to fork over a few grand! of course it would be in white.. and the crenaline (sp??) or the extra tulle is not sewn under the skirt in this sample.. so the bottom would be fuller if I ordered it. Also, I was thinking of putting pearls, etc.. along the lace--it would follow the pattern of the lace.. but it would look delicate. It is a modified aline.. and a bit snug in the hips.. but not mermaidish. I am thinking of just getting it. My wedding is in Oct. 2007 and just need to lose a few inches in my hips to make it look perfect.. and the price is only 1900.00 brand new. What do you think? The neckline is a bit different from yours--I like your neckline better.. but was your dress more expensive???... b/c if not, I think I am going to search for your and get it. let me know!

dress8.jpg
dress.jpg
dress3.jpg
dres5.jpg

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Hey jsc44, re-name your files avoiding symbols like %&..., then re-post pictures.
35.gif

chellebelle

Shiny_Rock
1.gif

Date: 1/25/2007 11:37:11 AM
Author: jsc44
Ok, figured it out..This is a brand new Marisa dress in a gold color.The pictures are not great. I snuck the pictures in, as I did not want to ask if I could and get rejected!!! I mean, I should be able to if I am going to fork over a few grand! of course it would be in white.. and the crenaline (sp??) or the extra tulle is not sewn under the skirt in this sample.. so the bottom would be fuller if I ordered it. Also, I was thinking of putting pearls, etc.. along the lace--it would follow the pattern of the lace.. but it would look delicate. It is a modified aline.. and a bit snug in the hips.. but not mermaidish. I am thinking of just getting it. My wedding is in Oct. 2007 and just need to lose a few inches in my hips to make it look perfect.. and the price is only 1900.00 brand new. What do you think? The neckline is a bit different from yours--I like your neckline better.. but was your dress more expensive???... b/c if not, I think I am going to search for your and get it. let me know!

dress8.jpg
dress.jpg
dress3.jpg
dres5.jpg
Oh your pics didn''t show up! Are you able to try again? I would love to see them! And my goodness, you are just a little thing! hehe You''re right, our body types are different. A modified A-line is slimmer than a regular A-line skirt and I found it to be a very nice compromise. I love the slimmer skirts like mermaid and sheathy styles, but those do not flatter me at all. I thought I needed a bigger skirt to cover my hips and legs, yet I really didn''t want anything overwhelming... just something that skimmed over my lower half with the bodice still accentuating my smaller top half. Then I found my dress!
36.gif
The thing is that some modified A-lines do hug the hips a bit, as with my dress, so I''d like to lose some inches in that area as well. Lea-Ann Belter is a bit on the expensive side and if you''re looking for something in the $1900 and below range, I would get the Marisa dress. But if your budget is more than that, I would definitely try it on! It is so luxurious... the silk, the lace, and the quality is amazing. I loved the design and construction because it fit much better than other dresses. I love Marisa too though, my runner up dress was a Marisa.
1.gif
As far as not posting pics on their website, I just know that they don''t anymore. I''ve heard from other brides and have been told by bridal shops that they don''t want their dresses replicated so they no longer put dresses up on their site. I don''t even think they advertise in magazines.
33.gif
The dresses on their website are a couple years old (maybe more?). www.marisabridals.com It''s a shame because I really want to see the dress you tried on! I''m sure it looked amazing!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is gorgeous!!! I love the lace work on the bottom. Very beautiful!

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
I absolutely adore it!! You look gorgeous.

genette

Shiny_Rock
I think it looks better on you then on the model! It''s gorgeous you look lovely.

MayBride

Rough_Rock
I love it! This might be one of my all time favorite dresses!

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
chelle your dress is JUST amazing!!!!!!! It''s gorgeous on you. I''m going to bookmark it!

chellebelle

Shiny_Rock
I have a moment and just wanted to reply to everyone's lovely remarks!

bee, rainbowtrout, mercoledi, curlygirl, liquiddazi, portia, thank you so much!

Kerbear that means a lot to me! I tried many beautiful dresses and after I purchased this one, I was wondering if i chose the right one. The Reem sucked me in and made me look little, and I was thinking maybe this one isn't as flattering, but your comment makes me feel better. I'm very happy with my decison!

AmberGretchen!! Hi! You were such a stunning bride and your dress was perfect! And your waist looked sooo itty bitty. I hope to look half as good as you did!

Fancy, I'm glad you like the additions! Feminine and classy is exactly what I'm going for.
1.gif
And if I do go with straps, I love that they make the dress different from the everyday strapless. Though the dress "as is" is gorgeous!

Gail, a lace bolero is a great idea! I'm still looking at other options besides adding straps, so we'll see!

KimberlyH and Kaleigh, thanks so much for the kind comments! It's nice to hear that people like the little detail changes.

Skippy, I love lace and I'm so glad I was able to find a dress that incorporates it just enough!

Blenheim, I just saw your dress and it is gorgeous!! Our dresses are quite similar... the neckline and the lace hem... and buttons! They look like sister dresses. hehe If i could rock the mermaid shape, I would, your dress is perfect! I LOVE it, it's one of my all time favorites. *You* wear it and you wear it well!!!

fashionsweetie, i don't know if it looks better on me than the model, but thank you! so sweet!

MayBride, wow, that is a huge compliment!! Considering all the fabulous dresses on this board. Thanks so much!
5.gif

Crownjewel, thank you! I only bookmark my favorite dresses, so that's really flattering!

9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results